Forums

Players Complain us to FS Nerf

Quick find code: 16-17-167-66260984

Jazz X
Mar Member 2014

Jazz X

Posts: 147 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was thinking of starting two accounts for Fresh Start, one to bring back tradables early to make GP and a second to level and keep for capes, the legendary pet, and maybe a few pet skins.

I started an Alt several months ago, and it's only got one skill to 99.

How the **** am I going to get even one account maxed in 4 months at 1.5x exp rates while still having a life?

I wanted the 99 capes, maybe a few 120's.

But thanks to a number of jackass's complaining that doesn't seem very likely now.

If you didn't want to play just don't say anything and don't sign up. Very poor taste to screw it up for others.

It's very likely the people complaining weren't going to play anyway. So we have Jagex responding to a few vocal ********* and making the entire concept so much less attractive to even try. Thanks all you who complained, love ya.

25-Aug-2022 19:38:53

MangaFreak
Jul Member 2010

MangaFreak

Posts: 2,434 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
yeah, and now the boon for 100 percent chance of getting the halo pets was taken away which is the dumbest shit i've ever seen. why would you complain about getting a guaranteed halo pet drop.... pet's are already rare as is in the main game. i'm still doing hunter for the pet currently and i'm 34m over 120 and still nothing.
-one does not simply create a signature-

25-Aug-2022 19:42:55

Jazz X
Mar Member 2014

Jazz X

Posts: 147 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001,

True they don't expect NEW players to max in 4 months but I'm not a new player. My main is over 4 bill exp.

Before people complained and Jagex nerfed Fresh Start I was willing to pay for two new accounts and max at least one for the capes to trade back to my main.

Now? Realistically how am I going to max even one account at 1.5x exp when my Alt I started about 4 months ago only has one 99? And you have to get the 99s at least for the capes.

Do I stop living any kind of life and do nothing but play RS Fresh Start for 4 months just to get some capes? That seems like a bad idea.

I get that Fresh Start is intended to bring some new players into the game and it probably would. But the largest amount of accounts were likely to be created by people who already pay for membership on one or two accounts and want the new "exclusive" rewards.

So thanks to whiners what do we have now? Non-exclusive rewards that I'll eventually be able to get in RS, prob from others that buy spins to get the new capes, etc. dropped from Treasure Hunter. And such low exp rates that I'll have to spend every waking minute playing Fresh Start?

That sounds like a losing deal to me.

25-Aug-2022 20:53:26 - Last edited on 25-Aug-2022 20:54:48 by Jazz X

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jazz X said :
Dilbert2001,

True they don't expect NEW players to max in 4 months but I'm not a new player. My main is over 4 bill exp.

Before people complained and Jagex nerfed Fresh Start I was willing to pay for two new accounts and max at least one for the capes to trade back to my main.

Now? Realistically how am I going to max even one account at 1.5x exp when my Alt I started about 4 months ago only has one 99? And you have to get the 99s at least for the capes.

Do I stop living any kind of life and do nothing but play RS Fresh Start for 4 months just to get some capes? That seems like a bad idea.

I get that Fresh Start is intended to bring some new players into the game and it probably would. But the largest amount of accounts were likely to be created by people who already pay for membership on one or two accounts and want the new "exclusive" rewards.

So thanks to whiners what do we have now? Non-exclusive rewards that I'll eventually be able to get in RS, prob from others that buy spins to get the new capes, etc. dropped from Treasure Hunter. And such low exp rates that I'll have to spend every waking minute playing Fresh Start?

FSW isn't intended for existing players anyway. They made it clear from the get go on that focus.

Are you intended to make the alts in the main game even without FSW? If so, you will still be making much faster progress in FSW. Otherwise, your choice not to create new alts in FSW.

As for existing players making alts in FSW, and as for maxing in 4 months, RS3 never invited them in, though it seemed to some players they were all Jagex desired.

25-Aug-2022 21:49:36

Killashandra
Dec Member 2005

Killashandra

Posts: 1,345 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
Jazz X said :

FSW isn't intended for existing players anyway. They made it clear from the get go on that focus.

Are you intended to make the alts in the main game even without FSW? If so, you will still be making much faster progress in FSW. Otherwise, your choice not to create new alts in FSW.

As for existing players making alts in FSW, and as for maxing in 4 months, RS3 never invited them in, though it seemed to some players they were all Jagex desired.

I think it was very obvious that current players would create alts to play on FSWs so that they could get and make GP from the tradable rewards - on a completely personal level, that was a concern for me because I know I won't have the time or inclination to create a FSW alt and it seemed unfair that there would be rewards that I, as a main game player, would never be able to earn.

From Jazz X's response, it does seem that some current players' sole intention was to make alts to earn the rewards simply to sell to others. I know that Jagex said that it wouldn't affect the economy as a whole and I believe them, but it would affect individual players on a personal level.

I'm glad that Jagex have changed their view on how things will work.

25-Aug-2022 22:47:52

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
MangaFreak said :
yeah, and now the boon for 100 percent chance of getting the halo pets was taken away which is the dumbest shit i've ever seen. why would you complain about getting a guaranteed halo pet drop.... pet's are already rare as is in the main game. i'm still doing hunter for the pet currently and i'm 34m over 120 and still nothing.

You just gave the exact reason why this happened.

If they're rare in the main game, why shouldnt they be rare in this version?

Plus going past 120 w/o pets is nothing as theres loads of ppl whove gone past 200m w/o one.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

25-Aug-2022 23:03:01

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Killashandra said :

I think it was very obvious that current players would create alts to play on FSWs so that they could get and make GP from the tradable rewards - on a completely personal level, that was a concern for me because I know I won't have the time or inclination to create a FSW alt and it seemed unfair that there would be rewards that I, as a main game player, would never be able to earn.

Yet this isnt the first time something gave out rewards that you couldnt get w/o playing a different version.

Case in point, DotD and DarkScape.

Yet ppl seems fine with those.

So how is this anymore "unfair" than those?
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

25-Aug-2022 23:05:54

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Killashandra said :
Dilbert2001 said :
Jazz X said :

"We're committed to ensuring the majority of items from Fresh Start Worlds are available again in the future." - From Jagex, today's FSW news

25-Aug-2022 23:35:43

Quick find code: 16-17-167-66260984 Back to Top