Forums

Players Complain us to FS Nerf

Quick find code: 16-17-167-66260984

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
MangaFreak said :

there was literally no reason behind taking away the boon of 100 percent chance at getting halo pets besides the fact that players who were salty they still don't have the pet even at 200m exp decided to complain and cry about it.

If jagex wants to disable it, yes they do have every right to.

This is their game and they can make any changes to it they want.

All we can do is accept it and move on.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

26-Aug-2022 21:37:23 - Last edited on 26-Aug-2022 21:37:31 by Draco Burnz

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
H 1 L D A said :

As for skilling pets, the boon would have -doubled- the chance a player would have at rolling the pet when training during the mode, and any pet earned during the period would rollover, along with the halo token, to the Fresh Start account's information when entering the main-game. (Tokens are not intended for the Fresh Start account, but for main accounts...)

That means, Fresh Start pets, at twice the likelihood, would have been seen as a slap in the face of players that have run incredibly dry on the pet in the main-game. This integrity change now means players won't look at a player with a pet and say "I bet you got that in a Fresh Start server" and devalue the achievement there. Now - if you get a pet in FS, it's as equally rewarding as having done so in the main game (+skin)

Exactly.

It makes 0 sense why ppl who played this special mode shouldve been able to get pets easier than ppl who didnt.

So the only ppl who wanted this are the ones who dont like grinding for w/e reason.

Ironic considering rs is nothing but a grinding simulator.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

26-Aug-2022 21:39:20 - Last edited on 26-Aug-2022 21:41:49 by Draco Burnz

Jazz X
Mar Member 2014

Jazz X

Posts: 147 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for the replies all.

I see a lot of "Jagex created this for new/returning players" and many seem to believe it. While I have no doubt they would like to bring players who left back, the very fact that they created special 99 and 120 capes says straight out that it's not "just" or "primarily" for new or returning players.

I mean come on, who is it in game that buys the nice cosmetics? New players? I don't think so. It's people who have played a while, have one or more well established accounts and like fashionscape.

Regardless of what Jagex "says" it's pretty clear a large part of Fresh Start's target audience is the player I described, and not just a "new" or "returning" player.

I would also strongly urge those who complain about pet rates, etc. to re-think a few things. What Joe or Sally has on their account has no effect on me whatsoever, unless I'm into envy and "keeping up with the Jones". If someone else gets a pet what do you care? Am I mad it took me 250 million exp to get the dun pet? A bit. I sure think at 200 mill it should have been automatic, but did I run around cursing every time I saw someone else get one? No, I choose not to live my life that way cause its destructive. It hurts nobody but yourself if you go through life that way.

Above all keep in mind if you stop Jagex from making money in "nice" ways like Fresh Start you will eventually either find you have no game to play, or you are nearly alone in what game is left to play, or worse to play you will "have" to buy things in game. Think long term, what do you really want? To be forced to buy things in game to play? Or have a few people who want to spend extra to get a few cosmetics, or level faster, to pay for the game?

Me? I quit War of Legends the day they introduced a single leg piece of armor that you "had" to have to do the highest levels of the tower as soon as I saw it cost $50.

26-Aug-2022 23:01:43 - Last edited on 26-Aug-2022 23:18:17 by Jazz X

Quick find code: 16-17-167-66260984 Back to Top