Forums

Players Complain us to FS Nerf

Quick find code: 16-17-167-66260984

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Squirrlee said :
Here's the deal, this is a game populated by gamers. Gamers will go to insane lengths to get any advantage they can. Making alts to get a GPH for example. Why wouldn't current RS3 player's pillage the FSW?

It costs membership to play FSW. A lot of players can't afford or aren't willing to pay the price with real money or gp. It also costs them time that they may not afford or aren't willing to spend.

It is not much different than other events like DXP. DXP does give double the xp but it is not hard to know why wouldn't all current RS3 players "pillage" DXP. It should not be hard to see some players in these RSOF exchange their DXP time for Nic Credits.

26-Aug-2022 00:55:49 - Last edited on 26-Aug-2022 15:54:22 by Dilbert2001

Roger 1 Def
Dec Member 2023

Roger 1 Def

Posts: 25 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is the kind of stuff they wanted to avoid, players adopting an opportunist mindset. The rewards weren't meant to be so easily feasible in the first place. Considering it will be a new game with a new economy, they're trying to restore even a fraction of gameplay integrity which has greatly deteriorated as the game has aged (since the inception of Squeal of Fortune). You were never meant to max to begin with, as for the rewards, they're labeled "rare" for a reason...you actually have to earn them "' Everything changes and nothing changes' they say in Italy, I tend to agree but here we are, underneath this tree, trying to change" - From this song Shocking Pinks - This Aching Deal

26-Aug-2022 01:04:56

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Roger 1 Def said :
This is the kind of stuff they wanted to avoid, players adopting an opportunist mindset. The rewards weren't meant to be so easily feasible in the first place. Considering it will be a new game with a new economy, they're trying to restore even a fraction of gameplay integrity which has greatly deteriorated as the game has aged (since the inception of Squeal of Fortune). You were never meant to max to begin with, as for the rewards, they're labeled "rare" for a reason...you actually have to earn them

There is no new game. FSW will end in four months and players will be going to RS3.

RS3 doesn't seem to call their FSW rewards "rare". They even told us today in clear words that we can get them outside FSW. Perhaps you got the wrong "rare" impression from events of other games.

SoF didn't age well 10 years ago already, and ended with the arrival of "An important message from Mod MMG". So, we get Bond, the most pay to win MTX, in RS3 and OSRS.

26-Aug-2022 01:12:56

Roger 1 Def
Dec Member 2023

Roger 1 Def

Posts: 25 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Dilbert

Sorry, if it helps clarify things, I meant "new game mode"

Although not officially labeled as such, I do think they're "rare". Do you really think that something that requires skill and effort (such as the 120 skillcapes) isn't going to be arrayed with some degree of rarity? I doubt that anyone would farm them effectively, this goes the same for the other items, as players would rather keep them. If they are traded away they'll undoubtedly be sold for an exorbitant price (which will assure the item's stature as "rare&quot ;)

I'm mainly referring to the after-fall of Squeal of Fortune, since it single-handedly ushered in the era of Pay-to-Win, as the game became heavily monetized from that moment onwards. As we've seen, it gradually lessened the difficulty of our achievements by allowing players to buy in-game experience with real life money (with Treasure Hunter keys, Bonds, and absurd promotions)
"' Everything changes and nothing changes' they say in Italy, I tend to agree but here we are, underneath this tree, trying to change" - From this song Shocking Pinks - This Aching Deal

26-Aug-2022 05:16:14

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Roger 1 Def said :
@Dilbert

Sorry, if it helps clarify things, I meant "new game mode"

Although not officially labeled as such, I do think they're "rare". Do you really think that something that requires skill and effort (such as the 120 skillcapes) isn't going to be arrayed with some degree of rarity? I doubt that anyone would farm them effectively, this goes the same for the other items, as players would rather keep them. If they are traded away they'll undoubtedly be sold for an exorbitant price (which will assure the item's stature as "rare&quot ;)

I'm mainly referring to the after-fall of Squeal of Fortune, since it single-handedly ushered in the era of Pay-to-Win, as the game became heavily monetized from that moment onwards. As we've seen, it gradually lessened the difficulty of our achievements by allowing players to buy in-game experience with real life money (with Treasure Hunter keys, Bonds, and absurd promotions)

Remember, only discontinued rares seek huge gp prices, and it is doubtful 120 skillcapes will be discontinued so they aren't rare regardless until Jagex officially told us they are discontinued

You don't seem to realize trading "rares" between players don't affect the economy. No gp will be generated like SoF where the problem was it printed gp through very common coin pouches. That's why it didn't last long and was replaced by TH which gives very little gp and tradeable items and have minimal effects to the game except Hiscores but not the economy. That's why it lasted a decade.

26-Aug-2022 05:29:48

MangaFreak
Jul Member 2010

MangaFreak

Posts: 2,434 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said :
MangaFreak said :
yeah, and now the boon for 100 percent chance of getting the halo pets was taken away which is the dumbest shit i've ever seen. why would you complain about getting a guaranteed halo pet drop.... pet's are already rare as is in the main game. i'm still doing hunter for the pet currently and i'm 34m over 120 and still nothing.

You just gave the exact reason why this happened.

If they're rare in the main game, why shouldnt they be rare in this version?

Plus going past 120 w/o pets is nothing as theres loads of ppl whove gone past 200m w/o one.

dude the halo pets you get in the fresh worlds are literally cosmetic and they don't unlock the actual pet in the real game... so i don't see why these should be just as rare as the real thing. it was fine the way they had it.
-one does not simply create a signature-

26-Aug-2022 07:41:31

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^Ok and it being cosmetic means what?

You do know the pets are cosmetic as well right?

Yet like you said, they're rare.

Just need to learn to accept that this isnt something you'll be able to complete in like 20-30min or rush through.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

26-Aug-2022 11:54:07 - Last edited on 26-Aug-2022 11:55:17 by Draco Burnz

MangaFreak
Jul Member 2010

MangaFreak

Posts: 2,434 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said :
^Ok and it being cosmetic means what?

You do know the pets are cosmetic as well right?

Yet like you said, they're rare.

Just need to learn to accept that this isnt something you'll be able to complete in like 20-30min or rush through.

there was literally no reason behind taking away the boon of 100 percent chance at getting halo pets besides the fact that players who were salty they still don't have the pet even at 200m exp decided to complain and cry about it.
-one does not simply create a signature-

26-Aug-2022 20:14:01

H 1 L D A
Apr Member 2020

H 1 L D A

Posts: 1,666 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jazz, I'm not even sure why Jagex nerfed the xp curve myself, nor do I think it's necessary, but I don't think I feel too bad for the group of players you identify with (very experienced players who wanted to use the event to farm gp.)

Why? - because Jagex didn't intend for Fresh Start Worlds to even attract players like you in the first place! Why should the whims of players who are only in it for more in-game wealth on established accounts get special treatment in a game mode that was designed primarily to attract new or lapsed players?

I mean, congratulations on your achievements and all, I know that my own efforts took me a very long time and a little bit of skill, so I truly am impressed by you - but c'mon. The people that complained were worried people like you would be the type of player Jagex -really- wanted to try and entice with this - and you're out here just proving them right.

Old School's version of Fresh Start Worlds was literally prefaced by Jmods as "Yeah, this would probably be a waste of time for existing players.. Play our new Raid instead. It will -not- hurt our feelings."

Not every update is supposed to benefit everyone.

---

As for skilling pets, the boon would have -doubled- the chance a player would have at rolling the pet when training during the mode, and any pet earned during the period would rollover, along with the halo token, to the Fresh Start account's information when entering the main-game. (Tokens are not intended for the Fresh Start account, but for main accounts...)

That means, Fresh Start pets, at twice the likelihood, would have been seen as a slap in the face of players that have run incredibly dry on the pet in the main-game. This integrity change now means players won't look at a player with a pet and say "I bet you got that in a Fresh Start server" and devalue the achievement there. Now - if you get a pet in FS, it's as equally rewarding as having done so in the main game (+skin)
Quest Cape Owner since 2021

Maxed
- July 31st, 2022

26-Aug-2022 20:34:12 - Last edited on 26-Aug-2022 20:38:08 by H 1 L D A

Quick find code: 16-17-167-66260984 Back to Top