Forums

Dev Diary Feedback Sept 2022

Quick find code: 16-17-166-66262691

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So Mod keeper just dropped the plan for the rest of the year and some of the content for 2023 and I am excited about it all. These sneak peaks is exactly what was missing for so many years and to see it back again is truly amazing. Gives me something to look forward too going forward.

Here is some of the content that caught my eyes:

Oct:
Wildrness flash events
: I like to imagine this will be like the Flash mobs that we have come to know over the years, only in the wilderness. We shall see soon

No date:
Zamorakaian civil war mini quest:
This one should be interesting as it ties into the current storyline and expands on it more.

No date:
Daughter of Chaos finale quest
: I like to imagine this will be in the summer of 2023 and that will launch the next storyline.

But what I am really looking forward to in 2023 is:
NEW SKILL!

"Speaking of skilling, I think it’s also time for us to let you in on a big secret: for some months now, we’ve been working on RuneScape’s next new skill. Yes, you heard that correctly! If all goes well, you’ll be hearing much more about this very soon – so keep your eyes peeled!"

It is always interesting what the next skill will be and how it will change the game. If The new method of content is anything to go on.. this new skill will tie into the current or future storyline very nicely. This should be epic!

So what are you most excited about folks? Would love to hear what has you excited for 2023!
Time to follow an trail of Treasure.
My Goals Lions Goals

20-Sep-2022 17:27:32 - Last edited on 20-Sep-2022 17:40:43 by Lions RAWR

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lions RAWR said :

Oct:
Wildrness flash
events
: I like to imagine this will be like the Flash mobs that we have come to know over the years, only in the wilderness. We shall see soon

Wildnerness flash
events
... They won't be like Demon Flash Mobs which is a permanent content, and events (plural) may suggest we have different forms of temporary content instead of just a one-off event, perhaps like Battle of the Monolith which has different events each for a different week?

20-Sep-2022 17:56:47 - Last edited on 20-Sep-2022 17:57:10 by Dilbert2001

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Dilbert2001 said :
Lions RAWR said :

Oct:
Wildrness flash
events

Wildnerness flash
events
... They won't be like Demon Flash Mobs which is a permanent content, and events (plural) may suggest we have different forms of temporary content instead of just a one-off event, perhaps like Battle of the Monolith which has different events each for a different week?

I have a feeling it will be exactly like demon flash mobs. They could take the threat system and make it more dangerous for everyone. I don't think these will be an on off event, but something that will happen on a set time ( like widlerness warbands).

I hope it is not like the Battle of the monolith though :( That was horrible.
My Goals Lions Goals

20-Sep-2022 18:06:05

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Lions RAWR said :
Dilbert2001 said :
Lions RAWR said :

Oct:
Wildrness flash
events

Wildnerness flash
events

I have a feeling it will be exactly like demon flash mobs. They could take the threat system and make it more dangerous for everyone. I don't think these will be an on off event, but something that will happen on a set time ( like widlerness warbands).

Battle of the Monolith was good. It was far more story driven than vanilla randomly spawned flash mobs. Battle of the Monolith happened on a set time too, but in the case of Wildy Flash Events they may take the form of typical events instead of the miniquest format. We actually had different waves of shadow mobs we have to strategically tackle in Battle of the Monolith. It will be interesting if we can command different Wildy and Saradominists to help fend off the Wildy flash mobs the similar way.

20-Sep-2022 18:15:16

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Dilbert2001 said :
Lions RAWR said :
Dilbert2001 said :
Lions RAWR said :

Oct:
Wildrness flash
events

Wildnerness flash
events

Battle of the Monolith was good. It was far more story driven than vanilla randomly spawned flash mobs. Battle of the Monolith happened on a set time too, but in the case of Wildy Flash Events they may take the form of typical events instead of the miniquest format. We actually had different waves of shadow mobs we have to strategically tackle in Battle of the Monolith. It will be interesting if we can command different Wildy and Saradominists to help fend off the Wildy flash mobs the similar way.

For me the Battle of the monolith was bad ( mechanics wise). It was not what I would have expected from Jagex and something that I hope they don't do again unless they make it easier to do.

Lore wise it was great and fit into the narrative story though.

I still can't imagine that the next phase of the wilderness update will be temp though.
My Goals Lions Goals

20-Sep-2022 19:25:07

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

^^
There probably are going to be more phases of updates to the wildyness this year and beyond. However, The Wildy Flash events are likely just temporary events that narratively guide us to the further changes.

20-Sep-2022 19:29:42

Vengeance of
Mar Member 2018

Vengeance of

Posts: 2,372 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I find it interesting that they used a picture of the King Black Dragon/Royal Dragons as the thumbnail for the Flash events. Could just be a placeholder, but could we be looking at the KBD leaving his lair? Maybe this could be a KBD hard mode? Or perhaps we're getting wild Royal Dragons as new Slayer monsters?

20-Sep-2022 21:30:43 - Last edited on 20-Sep-2022 21:33:30 by Vengeance of

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Lions RAWR said :

No date:
: I like to imagine this will be in the summer of 2023 and that will launch the next storyline.

This should be in early 2023, January or February the latest as the Legacy of Zamorak miniseries is said to be only 6 months.

21-Sep-2022 02:32:51

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Vengeance of said :
I find it interesting that they used a picture of the King Black Dragon/Royal Dragons as the thumbnail for the Flash events. Could just be a placeholder, but could we be looking at the KBD leaving his lair? Maybe this could be a KBD hard mode? Or perhaps we're getting wild Royal Dragons as new Slayer monsters?

It would be interesting to see if KBD plays a role for the flash events or if we get Royal dragons. I do believe that it is just a place holder for the actual events that will take place.

My guess will be that it will happen over the course of the month and much like the battle of the monolith, it happens weekly.
My Goals Lions Goals

22-Sep-2022 00:50:42

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Dilbert2001 said :
Lions RAWR said :

No date:

This should be in early 2023, January or February the latest as the Legacy of Zamorak miniseries is said to be only 6 months.

6 months of content ( Since we missed Sept and most likely going to have Dec off too).

So I imagine it will be Either March or April with the new skill behind it.

But yes, good catch
My Goals Lions Goals

22-Sep-2022 00:51:59

Quick find code: 16-17-166-66262691 Back to Top