Forums

Updated Edgevill/Varrock cave. Thread is locked

Quick find code: 15-16-99-66290385

bluebullet98

bluebullet98

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No, unfortunately he's not, and it's definitely designed as intended. Not only is Varrock Sewers members only, but the Edgeville Dungeon has an invisible wall north of the hill giants. Looking at some maps, it looks like they put member monsters in the area, and so must have kicked F2P players out.

I've been searching but I've yet to find update notes declaring the change. Anyone else have any luck finding an explanation?
Nothing interesting happens.

15-Nov-2023 22:22:58

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Qwis7 said :
Aside form this bug what do other people think about the dungeon?

Absolutely great and needed, as RS3 players have been asking for modernizing old graphics and the RS3 team has addressed that requests not just on the surface level but now onto the dungeons too.

RS3 is going more and more 3D with the demands of the present and future players.

19-Nov-2023 17:37:40

Qwis7
Aug Member 2010

Qwis7

Posts: 1,446 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The graphic are indeed really great, but how do you all look at the constructive way they made the dungeon?

Do you disagree of agree with the points I put up at the start or do you have a totally different thing to mention?

Just curious how people do think about map design in general?
Is this important to you or do you not care at all?

20-Nov-2023 19:16:40

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Qwis7 said :
The graphic are indeed really great, but how do you all look at the constructive way they made the dungeon?

Do you disagree of agree with the points I put up at the start or do you have a totally different thing to mention?

Just curious how people do think about map design in general?
Is this important to you or do you not care at all?

"GRAPHICAL UPDATE
Edgeville Dungeon, Varrock Sewers, and the Pollnivneach Slayer Dungeon have all received graphical updates."

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/premier-update--more-hitlistgraphical-updates---this-week-in-runescape#

The sole purpose of this update was GRAPHICAL. How can we not look at all the great GRAPHICAL updates?

Do you know what are scenery in a virtual world. Not all sceneries have to make sense, or else RSC didn't make sense from date one when there were and still are unchoppable trees in Lumbridge. :D

20-Nov-2023 19:34:24

Qwis7
Aug Member 2010

Qwis7

Dilbert2001 It is clear you did not fully understand the thread no problem, but lets face it not everything Jagex is doing is great and butterfly's ;)

Criticism is always a good thing and Jagex can learn about it.

Lets face it just read my begin post and come back afterwards ;)

20-Nov-2023 19:39:33

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Qwis7 said :
Dilbert2001 It is clear you did not fully understand the thread no problem, but lets face it not everything Jagex is doing is great and butterfly's ;)

Criticism is always a good thing and Jagex can learn about it.

Lets face it just read my begin post and come back afterwards ;)

It is clear you just tried to criticized everything without giving reasons, and omitted the most important fact this update was solely GRAPHICAL UPDATE and for the specific dungeons only.

"Also there are some spiders that spawn near the moss giants side of the bridge.
It would be bit better to swap those with the moss giants."

"The hill giant do have a weird abyss looking side now its a little bit odd in my opinion."

Why? Reason please, otherwise you are just stating your own opinions and not everybody's else.

"Also sad to see they did not update the dungeoneering cave section of the cave."

It is clearly stated this GRAPHICAL UPDATE is for Edgeville Dungeon, Varrock Sewers, and the Pollnivneach Slayer Dungeon, and not any "dungeoneering cave".

"The sewer boat in combination with the abyss cross at the moss giants have no logic sense to me."

Again, most sceneries in virtual worlds are there not for any logic. Why do you have to relate moss giants to the sewer boat to begin with, when there other NPCs including a human who are likely to ride the boat?

"There are just no connection at all it really feel as stand alone parts not just one cave."

Please tell us how all those "stand alone parts" in the updated dungeons before the update connected to each other.

20-Nov-2023 20:00:37

Qwis7
Aug Member 2010

Qwis7

Dilbert2001 sorry to say, but we get pretty sick that you just react to everything and everybody and just pushing your opinion like it is the truth.

You clearly do know how the dungeon was before and do see the common sense still you wanna argue to argue.
I sincerely ask you to stop this behavior on the forums.

Ofc I say it is my opinion that's what I do tell!!!
I did not tell it is everybody's opinion you even quote me!!!

There is not single thing you have to defend.
You are not part of Jagex just a regular player like me and more people that do use these forums stop like acting you are more.

21-Nov-2023 18:13:52

Qwis7
Aug Member 2010

Qwis7

Just to make things more easy for you.

look at this crossroad of abbys and water it just makes no sense to me at all.

this abbys? sorry but it just again looks wierd to me.

Once again for you're logic it is all a opinion!!!
No facts or anything just MY personal opinion!!!

You can post and discuses the things, but stop claiming I make facts I never do its all a personal opinion.
Sometimes people do disagree with Jagex and we discuses them here on the forums.

21-Nov-2023 18:27:53

Kat Stryke

Kat Stryke

Posts: 2,058 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Now that free players are allowed to access Edgeville Dungeon and Varrock sewers again...

I have to say the graphics are not bad, for the most part. I like that they removed those doors in Edgeville Dungeon. I was disappointed to see the hill giants had their combat level reduced.

In the Varrock sewers, which look damn cool, I would prefer to see better separation between the moss giants and the deadly reds. It is also too bad the mossies had their CL lowered.

My review: Mostly harmless.
I've been putting out fire with gasoline! ^_^

Kat's Diary

21-Nov-2023 19:04:15

Quick find code: 15-16-99-66290385 Back to Top