Forums

Treasure Hunter reward convert

Quick find code: 15-16-352-66274294

Red Talia

Red Talia

Posts: 33 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Seriously? Jagex still hasn't fixed this bug?

I recall this was a problem affecting some players last year.

It's bad enough there is no way to earn oddments to exchange for keys. Come on, Jagex. Do you really need to cheat these players out of 50 heartments with every key?

Enough stalling. Let's have a hotfix already.

A compensation package wouldn't be unreasonable either.

11-Feb-2023 21:06:31

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Posts: 10,543 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mel 624 said :
Heads up to F2p. If you get a heartments prize and are experiencing this issue, you won't be able to claim it and your key will go to waste. Given f2P can pay IRL money for keys, I'm surprised this issue isn't getting them into legal trouble. Don't forget to report the bug if you haven't already.

This is not true for all free players. It is not true in my case.

Before this TH promo started, I had a few extra keys saved up. When I had my choice of three bonuses for filling the progress bar, I was able to successfully claim the 250 heartment bonus.

This evening, my daily reward for catching the devotion sprite was 70 heartments, which appeared in my inventory. I was able to add these to my money pouch with no problem.

To be clear, I am one of the F2P pures who is being cheated out of 50 heartments with every key, because this bugged promo will not permit me to convert any prize to 50 additional heartments. My bank capacity is 670 free slots and 500 member slots. Combining F2P and P2P items, I have 812 slots filled. Both sides of my bank have well over two available slots.

Penalizing players half our heartments for a bogus reason is absolutely idiotic. Bank space should not be a factor at all when attempting to convert unwanted prizes into heartments, which would go straight into the currency pouch. Nothing would even be going into the bank! A hotfix would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

People really shouldn't drink and develop.
Aslon Dak: Still 'Scaping after 19 years!
You can buy XP. You can't buy experience.
"...From The 'Scape" is very nearly here.

12-Feb-2023 02:06:20

Mel 624
Dec Member 2021

Mel 624

Posts: 744 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I wasn't talking about the heartment parcel bonuses or the devotion sprite. I meant when you use a key and the prize you roll is heartments. They can't be converted for heartments, can't be banked but the bug about needing bankspace for active parcel bonus rewards still applies, in which case your heartment prize will be unclaimable until bankspace is cleared for it.

If your F2P capacity is 670 then you'll have to bring your total items stored down to 670 - however many spaces it's asking you to clear. For you, that'd be 142. It's doable but pretty miserable, annoying and it shouldn't be necessary. It defeats the whole point of splitting F2P and P2P bankspace to stop the old issue of bank storage becoming nigh unusable for lapsed members until they dropped all their old stuff.

A related issue is the unclaimable P2P prizes in the advent calendar that happened 2 years in a row. Some of those items are claimable by F2P in TH and same day claims are important to get one of the rewards. People talked about that too but it didn't get fixed and is likely to be an issue again next time.
How to block a forum user

Death And Taxes: An Analysis

12-Feb-2023 20:35:07

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Mel 624 said :
I wasn't talking about the heartment parcel bonuses or the devotion sprite. I meant when you use a key and the prize you roll is heartments. They can't be converted for heartments, can't be banked but the bug about needing bankspace for active parcel bonus rewards still applies, in which case your heartment prize will be unclaimable until bankspace is cleared for it.

Thanks for clarifying. Your previous post gave the impression you had discovered an additional way F2P were being cheated out of heartments, aside from the conversion bug which was the original topic of this thread. I have found no other bugs with this promo/event, and wanted to share my observations.
Original message details are unavailable.
If your F2P capacity is 670 then you'll have to bring your total items stored down to 670 - however many spaces it's asking you to clear. For you, that'd be 142. It's doable but pretty miserable, annoying and it shouldn't be necessary. It defeats the whole point of splitting F2P and P2P bankspace to stop the old issue of bank storage becoming nigh unusable for lapsed members until they dropped all their old stuff.

Yes I know. I had already done the math. It's just not worth gutting my bank for another 100 heartments at this stage. It would make no difference. Fortunately, I already own pretty much everything I wanted from the store.
Original message details are unavailable.
A related issue is the unclaimable P2P prizes in the advent calendar that happened 2 years in a row. Some of those items are claimable by F2P in TH and same day claims are important to get one of the rewards. People talked about that too but it didn't get fixed and is likely to be an issue again next time.

It wouldn't be a holiday in RS if Jagex didn't find a way to screw over free players.

14-Feb-2023 00:59:57

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

It appears this issue has now been resolved!

Players can now convert unwanted prizes to heartments, regardless of whether or not their total bank could fit inside the F2P portion of their bank.

Thanks Jagex, and well done to everyone who filed a bug report about this matter. :)

15-Feb-2023 01:15:30

Quick find code: 15-16-352-66274294 Back to Top