Forums

Steel Series Complaint

Quick find code: 15-16-193-66279120

U z z a
Oct Member 2021

U z z a

Posts: 30 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello,

I would like to make a complaint about the promotion which started today.

No where did it say that is was limited to the first X amount of registers and upon giving their company my email address and allowing them to contact me for advertising there is no keys. I'm quite disappointed and I'm sure there is a lot of other players who are also disappointed. Also I would like to point out that your new partnership with them is also advertising that they are giving away more that what was advertised on your website. No a great start for which is suppose to be a professional company.

Imagine advertising that everyone who comes to the bakery today will receive a free cream cake and after getting there they are all sold out? That's damaging for both parties.

Your advertisement stated

Head to the SteelSeries website when the promotion starts on April 27th to get your hands on the magnificent Battleworn Steel Unicorn, plus the following:

15 Treasure Hunter Keys*
200 RuneCoins
5 Knowledge Bombs*
Here's what to do:

Login or register on the SteelSeries site.
Click 'Get Key'.
Copy the key.
Follow redemption instructions on RuneScape.com.
Promotion is available from April 27th. *Ironman accounts are ineligible.

It's that simple! We hope to see you strutting around with your shiny new pets soon

Further more I conclude my complaint with a request that all account who did in fact do the required steps to be credited with said rewards.

I look forward to seeing how others respond and how the management team respond also.

U z z a.

27-Apr-2023 12:24:57

Psycho Nerd
Oct Member 2010

Psycho Nerd

Posts: 47 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
literally just did the new promo, followed the steps installing stuff from steele and boom says ive had the max amount of these promos and is refusing to let me have it :L(and no its not the old promo it is 100% the new one)

27-Apr-2023 18:33:42

Derrik Wolf
Aug Member 2004

Derrik Wolf

Posts: 234 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Same disappointment.

It is most definitely the NEW promo, for the steel unicorn thing....

You have to install some 3rd party software to claim this key....

Yet, when you install their software ( which you'll never use ) and, claim the key...

You go back to Runescape and, redeem that key....

Only to be told, By Runescape....

"Your account has already redeemed the maximum number of codes in this promotion. "

What a scam....

A total scam...

I will save the key in an email to myself but, that software is getting uninstalled, like....immediately.

Total, total, scam.....
~Wolf

27-Apr-2023 18:46:55

Silkride
Sep Member 2011

Silkride

Posts: 38 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I followed the steps, downloaded their app thing, got the key, applied the key, got a receipt saying my account was credited the rune coins, keys, etc. but the receipt shows "null" for display name and I got nothing. I tried all of my accounts and none of them got the coins keys or horse. I'm so lost!

27-Apr-2023 19:50:19

Silkride
Sep Member 2011

Silkride

Posts: 38 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is the only promo I've ever tried claiming. What is the unicorn's name? Maybe I'm just missing it? Do I have to log into RS using the steel series app to get these promos or something?

27-Apr-2023 20:11:05 - Last edited on 27-Apr-2023 20:13:40 by Silkride

Quick find code: 15-16-193-66279120 Back to Top