Forums

Do you keep it a secret?

Quick find code: 14-15-932-66272886

Magic Pengel
Sep Member 2022

Magic Pengel

Posts: 1,915 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Growing up with the game, I kept it to myself that I played RuneScape. Back then, videogames were debatably more classified as nerd territory. Therefore, I kept it a secret and almost felt embarassed and ashamed when my biggest hobby, essentially RuneScape/videogames, got brought up in conversation.

Decades later, it's quite the contrary -- rather-now a talking point with the social circle I do interact with! I have almost now become an advocate for it; yet mostly failing to have it grab my circle's attention :P .

What about you - do you keep playing RuneScape as a secret?
- (Owner) Ornery Onions -
Prioritizing inclusion, friendliness and offering a helping hand to those that need it.

23-Jan-2023 18:51:37

Shifu
Dec Member 2010

Shifu

Posts: 3,595 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I do, but I'm a naturally secretive person. I keep my business to myself, and in return, I don't ask any prying questions of others. Makes me tremendously dull of course, but I'm fine with that. :P

If someone asked directly, I'd probably be honest & say I did. I'm not ashamed of being an RS player, but equally, it doesn't provide me with any sense of achievement/pride, or rather I don't need to "brag" about an RS achievement & get positive reinforcement from others. I'm quietly proud of what goals I've achieved in game over the years.

So, it's more a secret because no-one has ever asked directly, and I feel no need to bring it up.
If you only do what you can do, you will never be more than you are now.

23-Jan-2023 22:14:37

Daddy Roshi
Jan Member 2018

Daddy Roshi

Posts: 3,348 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
I do, but I'm a naturally secretive person. I keep my business to myself, and in return, I don't ask any prying questions of others. Makes me tremendously dull of course, but I'm fine with that. :P
same lmao
200m defence 08-10-2021

comp cape 12-19-2021

23-Jan-2023 23:58:45

Prikauro
Nov Member 2018

Prikauro

Posts: 550 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You know, I'm glad someone brought up this thread. Apparently for me, I have to keep RuneScape a secret from my real life due to people getting extremely annoyed by any form of video game / esport topic.

My real life is depressing (not my family though, my Father is a super gaming nerd), but my virtual life is soooo fun and worth while. Since my life was built around technology, I guess I steered in that direction.

If you ever get a friend group of RuneScapians, I would envy you severely.
The one with too much
Determination
and
Pride
Prikauro's Safehouse
: Forums to Discord.
Current Clan
: Jas

24-Jan-2023 00:11:55 - Last edited on 24-Jan-2023 00:12:17 by Prikauro

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

Posts: 20,266 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
never have it began with a few freinds that introduced me to the game many moons ago and would frequently sit in the kitchen for hours playing runescape

Now i have a three monitor pc in the middle of my livingroom with the runescape logo splashed across it and an old runescape 2 mug that you cant get anymore :P
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
Beware the Wolves Howl, This will be your final sound
•*º*•›•*º*•

24-Jan-2023 00:18:27

Ladyolake
Jan Member 2008

Ladyolake

Posts: 7,111 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My husband introduced me to this game long ago.
then our 6 kids played.
Then the neighbors and their kids got into it.
Then my cousins from another state.

However.. my Mother calls this RUINSCAPE says it has ruined the whole family.

But i must say now days me hubby and 1 child play consistantly.

Although my oldest daughter has begun playing again.

We used to go on vacation in Catherby.. fishing. with all 6 kids getting their own computers and rs membership(before bonds) we rarely had money for real vacations. We asked the children which they wanted. Week long vacations or rs membership. We did go on vacations occasionally and we always did real life picnics and parks. We were all happy and the kids now say they wouldnt have changed it.
The richest person is not who has the most. It is who Needs the least.

24-Jan-2023 01:02:03

Daddy Roshi
Jan Member 2018

Daddy Roshi

Posts: 3,348 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
My husband introduced me to this game long ago.
then our 6 kids played.
Then the neighbors and their kids got into it.
Then my cousins from another state.

However.. my Mother calls this RUINSCAPE says it has ruined the whole family.

But i must say now days me hubby and 1 child play consistantly.

Although my oldest daughter has begun playing again.

We used to go on vacation in Catherby.. fishing. with all 6 kids getting their own computers and rs membership(before bonds) we rarely had money for real vacations. We asked the children which they wanted. Week long vacations or rs membership. We did go on vacations occasionally and we always did real life picnics and parks. We were all happy and the kids now say they wouldnt have changed it.
thats awesome tbh i hope my kid wants to play when hes old enough thatd be really fun to do together
200m defence 08-10-2021

comp cape 12-19-2021

24-Jan-2023 02:16:14

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 32,700 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes, i do keep it secret.

I don't deny having had gaming addictions since i was young.

I refuse to look at the total time played because while only playing since 2007, I'm qware of how,much time I've spent on it. I just don't want to put an actual number to it.
It is depressing.

I had figured i would have more important things going on in my life at this stage. Luckily,main is 120d across the board and trying to do more outside tge game instead of just working 40 hrs a week as a QE.

24-Jan-2023 18:54:57

Quick find code: 14-15-932-66272886 Back to Top