Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I wish my dogs would stop barking.
Actually, I wish the bloke over the road who is pratting about with his shitheap of a car with a boombox going full blast would suddenly be vapourised by a passing aggressive alien space craft since it is his infernal clattering and piss-poor taste in music that is aggravating them.

I'm building up a head of steam now. I think I may have to go over there and engage in some frank discourse with him.,
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

25-Jun-2019 14:51:22

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,207 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Poor FiFi.

I had that issue with a neighbour few doors away with loud music. She had a cd player outside full blast playing some shit I never heard before. The neighbough next door to her gave them a warning to turn it down and she said no. He went in the garden and threw it about 15 feet in the air and forgot the catch it. Nothing was ever done and the police never arrived lol.

Not saying you should do that as it's bad.

Remember you can ring 101 and ask for advice on disruptive neighbours. If often helps as they send a police car to see if they can hear the music.
Comprehensive Account Security
Live long and Prosper...... :P

25-Jun-2019 15:16:17

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Well, I strolled over and asked him if he would be kind enough to turn the volume down as I didn't appreciate his musical choice and it was something of a nuisance. He told me to piss off.

The guy doesn't live there, he's house-sitting for the bloke who owns it (said bloke being a perfectly fine neighbour).

I smiled very sweetly and said I hoped he'd remember to lock his car tonight, and shut all his doors and windows even though it's very hot and muggy since this is a very high crime neighbourhood with lots of violent housebreaking activity (pure lies).

He vanished indoors a few minutes later and I haven't heard a peep out of him since. Hopefully he thinks I'm the Granny to one of the local hooligan crews heh heh :P
Le Chat Guerrier

25-Jun-2019 17:18:10

Tranq
Nov
fmod Member

Tranq

Forum Moderator Posts: 61,832 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh I had a neighbor who lived directly behind me that was like that. They set up an omni-directional sound system up on their pool deck and was blasting the tunes. It was keeping us up and we had to work in the morning. So we needed sleep. Called the police 6 times and each time they'd go over there and they would turn it down one the police left they'd turn it back up.

We have a noise ordinance in our city of no loud noises after 10pm. It was 2 am by the time I told the cops either break up the party or I'd break it up for them by lobbing a few m-80's into their pool flooding their back yard.

To make matters worse if you looked at the party from my bed room you could see everyone cloistered next to the house screaming at each other so they could hear each other over the music. It was like put the effing speaker system in your house and close all the windows and doors. Y'all can still hear the music as our windows were closed. Then your guests can speak normally instead of screaming at the person standing 2' away.
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

25-Jun-2019 17:34:54

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

I don't understand people, really I don't. I like a bit of music while I work in the garden but I wouldn't dream of belting out my Glen Miller and annoying anyone else. I'm sure they'd hate it and yet seem to think it's fine for them to deafen and irritate others with their noise of choice :|

Oh wow! I think I've just officially graduated as a Grumpy Old Woman :D

Splendid! I can now, with a clear conscience, write irate letters of complaint on various matters to my MP, the newspapers and leave stroppy notes attached to peoples' windscreens.
Le Chat Guerrier

25-Jun-2019 18:57:30

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,207 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
lol go FiFi go. You can do it.

As for the notes I love leaving them. Especially when people can't park in super market between the white lines. Taking up 2 or 4 spaces.

I parked my motorbike next to a car taking up 2 bays and no way could he get into the driver door. Sat watching about 15-20 feet away just waiting. He tried to move my bike so I jumped up and had words. He wasn't too happy but did I care nope not a jot. Was funny to see. I didn't move the bike. I just sat back down watching him struggle. I bet he won't do it again. Have to teach people to park within the lines. :P
Comprehensive Account Security
Live long and Prosper...... :P

25-Jun-2019 19:03:57

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top