Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Life is full of Rules. Even more strong and enforceable are the raft of actual Laws that govern life.

One can either choose to accept them and work within them and thrive - or chose to ignore them, believing that everyone should do just exactly whatever they want to do. In which case you will not thrive, in the long run.

Of course, an individual can object to Rules and Laws and actively seek to have them removed or varied but the kicker is - one must do this whilst remaining within the Rules and Laws applicable at the time.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

27-May-2019 13:24:30

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Posts: 2,592 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
There's always a reason.
One would assume so. And perhaps there might be.

But unless someone explains why the ban was issued, it stands to reason that the person receiving the ban isn't going to know what the reason is, and will most likely view it as "without reason".

It's funny... years ago every forum ban included a message stating why the ban was issued. These days, bans are issued without any explanation, and the user is supposed to somehow know what the reason is.

There isn't even a place to inquire about bans (as far as I know).

The system seems to be broken.
I'm better than you, but that doesn't mean you're not great! :)

27-May-2019 17:51:29

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NexOrigin said :
FiFi LaFeles said :
There's always a reason.
One would assume so. And perhaps there might be.

But unless someone explains why the ban was issued, it stands to reason that the person receiving the ban isn't going to know what the reason is, and will most likely view it as "without reason".

It's funny... years ago every forum ban included a message stating why the ban was issued. These days, bans are issued without any explanation, and the user is supposed to somehow know what the reason is.

There isn't even a place to inquire about bans (as far as I know).

The system seems to be broken.

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/c=BIBuV2uRmps/player-support-blog---upgrading-systems?allcat=false&gsi=ewri9m

You might be right and it could take upto 5 months or more before it would be fixed.

27-May-2019 18:00:35

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Posts: 2,592 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bilbo Baggie said :
Why are they so hard?
Because no one has bothered to properly maintain the forums, the code of conduct, or specific threads about the rules for years, so, they're all contradictory, and not even the CM team knows what rules actually take precedence in the forums:
Original message details are unavailable.
It's not up to me to officially state which one, if one takes precedence. So it's very unlikely you will get an answer to your question.

Both apply and you should adhere to both, that is the most important.

That answer was in response to a question about which rules take precedence when contradictory rules are stated.

They make it hard to follow the rules because Tuffty like entertainment with his tea and crumpets in the morning. ;)
I'm better than you, but that doesn't mean you're not great! :)

27-May-2019 19:49:57

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top