Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ah! I wondered when you would be striding around your demesne, mattock in hand.

Today and tomorrow are set fair and I am on the brink of downing the last of my midmorning tea before embarking on the next stage of my war of attrition against the dreaded Taraxacum hordes.

Happy pottering :D
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

29-Mar-2019 11:49:49

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,207 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My Crocuses, Daffodils and Tuplips were rubbish this year. Even the neighbours had no shows for the first time in 17 years I've lived here.

I had 1 Crocus yes 1.

2 daffodils.

1 double tulip. Dog crushed it lol.

Very poor show from me this year. Not sure why. I did ask some experts and they said a mild Winter. Which to be fair it was a poor show too with 3mm of snow. I hope for a better show next year.

Also by the sounds of it you need a Rabbit lol. You can get a weed killer you paint onto the leaves. It's supposed to be good. I just spray the whole lot as I have a coshh licence lol. I have a few of them but I pick them for my parrots.
Comprehensive Account Security
Live long and Prosper...... :P

29-Mar-2019 12:23:18

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My early Spring bulbs were pretty mediocre, rather a lot of blind growths, but the later ones (hyacinths & narcissus mainly) are looking promising. The Paperwhites are in gorgeous full bloom, idk why some people say they are difficult.

I've been using chlorine on the weeds in paved areas, we stumbled across this evil substance via the Net as a recommended way to get rid of excessive moss growth on our roof. It was amusing watching the Ole Man shambling about on the roof wearing a backback full of chlorine, like some demented Ghost Buster.

Not sure if it's legal to use it as a weedkiller so don't tell anyone :P
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

29-Mar-2019 14:17:39

The contents of this message have been hidden

29-Mar-2019 14:26:39

29-Mar-2019 14:30:18

29-Mar-2019 14:31:13

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top