Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Norne
Jan
fmod Member

Norne

Forum Moderator Posts: 76,250 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm on playthrough 2. Trying to get all the named Aces and avoid damage. The first parts easy, game is vastly easier then I remember the other games. On the other hand, avoiding damage is becoming a chore since every AA gun seems to have seeker bullets. I don't even want to know how exactly I am meant to machine gun the UAV's down. EVIL LITTLE TWERPS!

Story was good, better then the last few games (cough cough) but still feels a little lame compared to the 4, 5, 6 and Zero games. Lot of character death, and a lot of unnecessary wastage there as well. This game racks up the kill count big time. Good characters though, haven't feel this real since Alvin Davinport died, although I actually cared when he died - I really wasn't feeling to bad when 90% of the characters in 7 bit the dust. Only the anarchist made a point.

COMPLETE WASTE OF TALENT WITH PILGRIM! Grr.
"When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero"

13-Feb-2019 07:28:25 - Last edited on 13-Feb-2019 07:28:47 by Norne

Raldrineorth
Aug Member 2008

Raldrineorth

Posts: 10,411 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
To be honest I was hoping there would be another AC4 reference to the Ribbon Fighter like there was in AC6’s Chandalier mission. But I think the timeline progression is a bit much and the fabled pilot is probably dead already by the time the events of AC7 happen. Harling was a surprise to me to see return, kind of pretentious for him to have that crazy idea of having an OSEA building of such magnitude built on foreign land (although his true intentions were brought to light by the painting later on in the story, but still he should’ve known better with that country’s bitter history). Shame that they tricked his death by spoofing the IFF tags.

Also did you catch that “built a wall” gag in the mission Transfer Orders? Thought that was funny. Lol

I still think four was best with six a very close second while five was okay... if they remake four for the current consoles I’ll probably flip a chicken. I’d go off hinge crazy at that, they did it for six! C’mon! Lol

edit- I actually haven’t played the revamped AC6 yet that came with the AC7 download but if the graphics were overhauled to match then it’d be tops for now. Can’t beat that mission where you take on the Aigiaon, that was amazing.

13-Feb-2019 08:33:50 - Last edited on 13-Feb-2019 08:37:53 by Raldrineorth

Norne
Jan
fmod Member

Norne

Forum Moderator Posts: 76,250 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Spoiler

you play as Mobius 1 in VR mode, where you fly against the free Eurusean forces just prior to the game. Skyeye is your awacs naturally. References are made that Omega and Viper squad also exist. Apparently you fail since FE are behind the main plot.

Yes I caught the wall. It's an actual Chinese wall too. I have no idea how that helps but I amuaed.
"When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero"

13-Feb-2019 16:24:50

Norne
Jan
fmod Member

Norne

Pretty sure it's like ac5, just short arcade like shoot'm downs. not much story. But ya, ace combat 4 ia still the single best seller for the series, at 20% of sales. Mobius isn't going anywhere. "When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero"

13-Feb-2019 16:56:59

Norne
Jan
fmod Member

Norne

Butterfingers. "When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero"

13-Feb-2019 16:57:03 - Last edited on 13-Feb-2019 16:57:37 by Norne

Norne
Jan
fmod Member

Norne

Give me a break, kit Kat. "When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero"

13-Feb-2019 16:57:07 - Last edited on 13-Feb-2019 16:58:13 by Norne

Norne
Jan
fmod Member

Norne

Pretty sure it's like ac5, just short arcade like shoot'm downs. not much story. But ya, ace combat 4 ia still the single best seller for the series, at 20% of sales. Mobius isn't going anywhere. "When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero"

13-Feb-2019 16:57:08

Raldrineorth
Aug Member 2008

Raldrineorth

Posts: 10,411 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Still though, since most of the modern consoles now have DLCs that come with or later after release I hope there are some new storylines that could come in to play that might involve more of the old game character involvement.

Just found out that it was AC5 not six that came with AC7, sorely disappointed now. I wanted to fight the Aigiaon on the PS4. I don't even remember much from five, only that the team was Wardog Squadron.

13-Feb-2019 17:21:19

Norne
Jan
fmod Member

Norne

AC6 is still Xbox exclusive, ya. "When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero"

13-Feb-2019 17:55:24

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top