Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

D E L A Y

D E L A Y

Posts: 4,235 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Back home from class! Some poor guy passed out and hit his head on the concrete outside of my classroom right now, paramedics were taking him away as I left. O_o _.•´¯`•._.•´¯`•.* D E L A Y *.•´¯`•._.•´¯`•._

04-Oct-2017 05:46:21

D i Bs alt

D i Bs alt

Posts: 334 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

this is funny.
Thank You, dear Jagex you are great, GUTHIX will praise you one day, i cried a little when Guthix died he was and still could be my favorite god in all of rs. it broke my <3 that day i sorta resorted to skipping thru the lore nowadays =/

04-Oct-2017 08:26:42

Mamma518
Feb Member 2023

Mamma518

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello,

I am doing my thesis about RuneScape, yes that is possible :) . My research is focusing on what the players' motivations are to play the game based on the theory of Yee. The founder of RuneScape mentioned in the RuneScape documentary that the social aspect is the success factor. With the aid of the theory I would like to determine whether this statement was true or false. Currently I am looking for options to collect my data and since this community is quite active and consists of a sufficient sample size I thought it would be suitable for my data gathering.

The question is if I could use the forum to post my questionnaire and if not what other suitable options there are. Also it might be the case that the members of this forum are curious about the end result, which can be shared after I finished my thesis. I am looking forward to your responses.

PS: I did not know where to put this message elsewhere.

Regards,
Mamma518 - Gerson Spronk - Stenden University Leeuwarden (The Netherlands)

04-Oct-2017 11:43:01

Sagzee
Jan Member 2006

Sagzee

Posts: 48,694 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I believe you can post a questionnaire in a forum thread format here in the General Forum.

Links to outside sources or questionnaires tho I'm not so sure of - that's usually prohibited but they've changed some of the rules to be a bit more lax with some links and content.

I would like to think that you would get an overall good amount of feedback from people here, albeit it might take longer perhaps than expected to get a decent sample size due to the slow and inactive nature of these forums nowadays. You also have the unfortunately high chance of redundant posts and feedback by many of the community nowadays that find it amusing to post irrelevent comments, troll or attempt to argue and derail your thread's initial intentions increasing its chances of getting locked.

I would still suggest you give it a go however, or alternatively, you might get a better response if you make something like a Google Docs questionnaire and submit it on the RS Reddit page? If done right, you should be able to get a decent bit of feedback and if you keep the format so that those participating are left anonymous, you lessen the chances of peeps arguing or choosing pointless answers if you limit their choices.

Good luck in your thesis, wouldn't mind giving you my own opinion or thoughts as a 10+ year player if they could help in any way.

04-Oct-2017 13:15:31

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top