Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Applejuiceaj
Nov
fmod Member

Applejuiceaj

Forum Moderator Posts: 45,000 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Before I retired my iPhone 6 at the end of last year, I had to make sure the battery stayed above 60%. If it didn't, it was dead minutes later. (Rae Rae might be able confirm witnessing this if she happens to read this post; it definitely did happen at least once when she was visiting last year). I've contemplated putting the latest iOS update on there which has the battery health stuff in it just to see how bad it really was, but would have to dig the phone out of the drawer its currently in. :P

I know I've seen others wander around with portable battery banks so they can have their phone "plugged in" while on the go. Its not my favorite solution, but it might be able to get you through. The one I have is pretty tiny and can easily fit in a pocket or bag, and has gotten me through a few full charges of my phone before I need to charge it back up again.

I can't say I've seen any battery drain that is out of the ordinary coming from my current phone while on the RSOF. Perhaps there are other apps also running in the background eating up some battery too?

10-Apr-2018 04:32:33

Raldrineorth
Aug Member 2008

Raldrineorth

Posts: 10,411 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yea... The iPhone batteries suck once their cells start to go, usually will go from 100% to some random percentage than drop to 0% instantly. The last two I had did this, had to keep them plugged in all the time. Tried battery replacement a couple times and usually the devices flatout died a couple months later, so I opt for trade in once mine starts to act up if factory resets don't work. The iPhone 6S I got now has lasted for nearly two years so far and the new battery monitoring setting that their most recent update implemented says my battery is down to 87% capacity at a full charge.

I usually run it in Low Power mode all the time, even when it shows 100% just so I don't run the battery too much.

Try to carry a charger cable with you everywhere you go just in case until you find a solution.

10-Apr-2018 05:02:33 - Last edited on 10-Apr-2018 05:06:55 by Raldrineorth

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,500 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
RSOF seems to suck my battery life, it always has, but today at 50% dead phone - means battery is not powerful enough for RSOF any more. But it seems fine on Google and such. So I'll just have to make sure I'm plugged in within RSOF. I'm trying to come in less anyhow which isn't easy ^_^ Going a day without RSOF is tough - I'll try and knock my time down.

Well, the more power you demand from your phone, the quicker the battery will drain. A healthy battery will be able to hold a decent amount of charge before depleting to zero for a reasonable amount of time. However, batteries aren't ever-lasting which means as time goes by, your battery will start to degrade as it uses up its charge cycles. It will continue degrading until one day it won't stay on for even a minute, or worse, won't come on at all.

Continuously charging your phone only further adds to the drain.

I've read that to get the most out of a battery and make it last longer, you should avoid doing long charges constantly (aka 0-100). It's better to do shorter charges as this results in less charge cycles being used up (the less that get used up, the longer the battery will stay at healthy levels). I.e. I remember when I was using an S6 Edge (dead now). Charging it to 100% would result in more charge cycles than charging to 80% (the difference was quite massive - a difference of 0.40 compared to 1+ for example).

With your current battery health though, it's probably not worth taking measures to prolong its life as it's already pretty much considered dead/bad.

10-Apr-2018 05:02:40 - Last edited on 10-Apr-2018 05:04:48 by Singularity

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,207 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't have a phone. Waste of cash. :P

I'm the only 1 in our family that does not have a mobile phone. I hate them with a passion. I should have 1 though as I drive a car and ride a motorbike (not at the same time) :P I could break down in the middle on nowhere..... :(

Also people spend far too much time on their phones when they should be playing RS. :P
Comprehensive Account Security
Live long and Prosper...... :P

10-Apr-2018 14:18:56

Twillow
Aug
fmod Member

Twillow

Forum Moderator Posts: 49,500 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
wow
I just had to enter my bank pin to enter the wilderness
has that always been a thing
and I just didn't know it because I've never gone into the wild first thing upon logging in?

also, I'm wearing my pajamas only and have 216k....
it can't be because of wealth lol
@Twillow_RS

For W71 Penguin locations starting January 24, 2024: www.reddit.***/r/W71PenguinWhisperers or @pengwhisper

10-Apr-2018 15:00:49

Twillow
Aug
fmod Member

Twillow

Forum Moderator Posts: 49,500 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have to admit that it is très unusual for me to enter the wild immediately after log in lol

thanks, Sauce =)
@Twillow_RS

For W71 Penguin locations starting January 24, 2024: www.reddit.***/r/W71PenguinWhisperers or @pengwhisper

10-Apr-2018 16:50:24

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top