Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Twillow
Aug
fmod Member

Twillow

Forum Moderator Posts: 49,500 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
welcome to the forums, Reazohs =)

You might find more conversations about those two topics in the Treasure Hunter and Existing Game Content subforums. Have a read their and join those conversations, too!

I hope you're enjoying the last week of classic penguin disguises! =)
@Twillow_RS

For W71 Penguin locations starting January 24, 2024: www.reddit.***/r/W71PenguinWhisperers or @pengwhisper

09-Sep-2020 17:55:52

mr togue
Sep Member 2020

mr togue

Posts: 6,957 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
which forum do you use to report a problem here on the forums?

if you look left at my picture you will see i have already went to the tent and took a picture. how ever it looks like that over there <------- how can i fix it ?

09-Sep-2020 20:17:50

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Posts: 27,893 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey good looking! What's you got cooking! :P Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

09-Sep-2020 22:45:55

mr togue
Sep Member 2020

mr togue

so not to change the mood.. but i just realized that some how a thread got bumped with out some one posting in it,,

is this new on the forums?

because i dont recall that possibility 6 years ago

edited to add: in my personal opinion the ability to bump a thread has always been a negative to any active forum . it moves current threads down the list and to me its a form of censorship because you are taking some one thread out of the "sweet spot " for peer review

i am not talking about some one posting a new reply in a thread, I mean the ability to move it back to the top with out posting any comment or new information

10-Sep-2020 00:09:08 - Last edited on 10-Sep-2020 00:15:45 by mr togue

CM Nick

CM Nick

Local Moderator Posts: 9,140 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
mr togue said :
so not to change the mood.. but i just realized that some how a thread got bumped with out some one posting in it,,

is this new on the forums?

because i dont recall that possibility 6 years ago

Nope, not new! It's just a bit of Moderation housekeeping.

Sometimes when a lot of threads get locked at once, Moderation staff will use the "Bump" feature that they have access to in order to bump active threads up to displace some of the locked threads.

It's a fairly routine exercise and a handy tool in the Mod kit :)
Community Manager for Jagex

| Forum Help | Account Security |

10-Sep-2020 00:16:39 - Last edited on 10-Sep-2020 00:17:02 by CM Nick

mr togue
Sep Member 2020

mr togue

interesting and i am not disagreeing with a mod having tools i defiantly think mods should have the ability to maintain the clean look of a forum,,, how ever ,
i hope that tool doesn't get used often because of what i said in my edit of my post

ps,,i only noticed it because a thread i commented in was moved up and i was the last one to post in it yesterday

edited to fix a typo

10-Sep-2020 00:24:01 - Last edited on 10-Sep-2020 00:25:02 by mr togue

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 9,010 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
mr togue said :
i hope that tool doesn't get used often because of what i said in my edit of my post
It's only carried out whenever there are a lot of locked/hidden/moved threads in order to restore order in that specific sub-forum. For example, I believe that you are referring to the first page of Website and Forums sub-forum. Thread owners also have the ability to use the Bump button, but not the same way as Moderators.

10-Sep-2020 14:29:19 - Last edited on 10-Sep-2020 14:33:46 by Mrs Ana

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top