Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CM Brandon said :
Emberwind said :
I'm looking to get a puppy next year. I want a husky but they are too active and may tear up the house. Any suggestions for a dog breed that's protective of owners but not too wild?

Golden retrievers are a great breed! They're very gentle and love to play, but aren't too rowdy! They aren't aggressive unless they're provoked with hostility. 100% would recommend!

This is what I would love to have <3

We've had a golden cocker spaniel to a very old age and she was beautiful, lovely natured, she actually didn't mind me and my sister dressing her up :P A little while later we got a German Shepherd Labrador mix and she also was a beautiful natured dog.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

16-Oct-2019 09:10:34

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Emberwind said :
I'm looking to get a puppy next year. I want a husky but they are too active and may tear up the house. Any suggestions for a dog breed that's protective of owners but not too wild?

Mastiff.

They are watchdogs - not guard dogs. They'll warn (very loudly) and attempt to knock down/entrap 'the bad guy' or intruder but are not renowned for actually biting. Given their size, they are very good at the knock-downs.

They're also very lazy and laid-back.

But pretty much any dog you get will be high energy until it's about 3 years old and leaves it's puppy and adolescent stage behind and will probably wreck your house if you leave it alone for hours on end with no company and nothing to do. Dogs are pack animals and need both mental and physical stimulation, and companionship.

Leaving a dog home alone all day while you're out at work with just the radio and a view of the garden for company just won't cut it.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

16-Oct-2019 11:51:43

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,207 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you get a dog and leave it in the house for an extended time leave the radio on and give it a deck of cards. At least let it play solitaire while it pines away waiting for attention.... :(

Serious note. Dogs want attention and not left on their own for hours on end.

My dog before I got her was locked in a cage 23 hours per day. When I got her she had no clue what to do as she had the freedom of the house. She still pines for company while I'm out as she digs up the carpet by the front door. In recent weeks (touch wood) shes not done it so I know shes happy. :D

On another note.

I've just planted over 150 ish spring bulbs Snow drops and Crocuses. That brings the number to over 1,200 and counting. I just hope these grow or what hair I have left will be gone for good.

I still need 1 more tub planted up once I buy it lol.
Comprehensive Account Security
Live long and Prosper...... :P

16-Oct-2019 14:00:30

Tranq
Nov
fmod Member

Tranq

Forum Moderator Posts: 61,832 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My sister in law has a mastif. Think is huge when it gets up on it's hind legs and sets it's paw on her husbands shoulders the dog is 6'3" + along with 250+ lbs. if it gets a full head of steam get out of the way. it's like a mini truck and will bowl you over.
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

16-Oct-2019 15:39:09

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tranq said :
My sister in law has a mastif. Think is huge when it gets up on it's hind legs and sets it's paw on her husbands shoulders the dog is 6'3" + along with 250+ lbs. if it gets a full head of steam get out of the way. it's like a mini truck and will bowl you over.

Yeah, they are beautiful dogs - the food bill would be high :P
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

16-Oct-2019 20:41:04

The contents of this message have been hidden

16-Oct-2019 21:25:18

The contents of this message have been hidden

16-Oct-2019 21:25:23

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top