Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Shouted us a roast beef meal as it was down to $13 from $20 :D When I opened the meat though I was not impressed - there was a huge gap right down the middle hanging on by fat or gristle <- you don't see Gorden Ramsay's meat with huge gaps in the middle.

Anyway as I was heating the oven I though Yorkshire puddings, so went on the net for a recipe and they all took 4 eggs - so I couldn't make Yorkshire puddings :( the meal was beautiful though, I roast potato, orange kumara, carrot and parsnip (I forgot to do pumpkin which the boys were pleased about) and steamed broccoli and peas. The gravey was the best gravy I had ever made, just full of flavour :)

I think the last time I did a roast red meat was last Christmas - so it was a nice treat meal :)
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

03-Oct-2019 11:04:37

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mine was medium rare, I would have prefered medium - the trick is not to overcook it. It's like the texture of steak when testing the stages of how well the meat is cooked. take it out of the oven wrap in tinfoil, then teatowel for a good 20 minutes before severing <- that when you cook your Yorkshire puddings.

I would usually cook my red meat roasts in a slow cooker as Tuffty said it's yummy and tender. This time I did it in the oven @250C for approximately 30 minutes after searing it on all sides - my oven turned itself off at some stage of the cooking, so I just guessed it was in the oven for 30 minutes, next time I would leave it a bit longer - bigger piece of meat definitely for an hour. I would never leave it in the oven more than an hour unless it was done on very low heat.

And yes I love my veggies.

Should get 3 meals out of it if we don't eat too many beef sandwiches.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

03-Oct-2019 16:47:22 - Last edited on 03-Oct-2019 16:47:58 by Dong U Dead

The contents of this message have been hidden

03-Oct-2019 21:25:06

The contents of this message have been hidden

03-Oct-2019 21:38:41

Jakey Boy
Sep Member 2022

Jakey Boy

Posts: 8,238 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wynd said :
What happened?
I saw someone criticising TH/MTX and rather than have their post moved to the TH section their post was moved to the hidden Rants section. I believe the OP was annoyed that their thread was moved to a section hidden from public eye rather than left on display. Obviously it makes sense why he's upset. It also makes sense why the f mod did what they did - we definitely don't want the public seeing this type of thread.

Not sure about the other ones though.
200M all skills, Trimmed comp Cape, MQC
White knighting"female" forum users is cringey
Always protect "certain community minded people" no matter what!

04-Oct-2019 00:13:19

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top