Forums

What does your RSN mean?

Quick find code: 14-15-441-66274170

SlR

SlR

Posts: 4,381 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
SLR: single lens reflex - I'm a photographer
it also happens to look like 'sir' with a small L, lol.
Bob says:
A bank PIN will keep your items secure.
Always check the second trade screen.
Never trade in the Wilderness!
Keep your computer keylogger-free and virus scanned.
Never give your password out to anyone.

14-Mar-2023 15:07:48 - Last edited on 14-Mar-2023 15:08:05 by SlR

Igerna

Igerna

Posts: 7,885 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Igerna" (pronounced I-yer-na ) is the latin term of "Igraine", also known as "Igerne", "Eigyr", "Ygraine", "Arnive" and so on.

She is Uther Pendragon's wife and mother of King Arthur, inside the literary universe of the Matter of Britain which includes the "Arthurian Cycle", also known as "Holy Grail Cycle."

When I created this account years ago, I was hooked to Jean Markale's arthurian books.
Name choice came in a matter of seconds. It was one epic nerdy moment.

I like it to this very day. Let's say I could be a distant cousin of Isaura, fellow zamorakian.
Leveling +110 all skills and completing stuff here and there

22-Mar-2023 21:14:06

Shifu
Dec Member 2010

Shifu

Posts: 3,595 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Back in the day, I used to do a lot of martial arts. Largely just because I didn't want to be hanging around on the streets and I didn't want to spend all my spare time in the house either. Helped that many of the classes were free (I lived in a very low income area).

I was never really any good at any of them, no matter how hard I tried. My teachers (more or less) said that my enthusiasm was to be admired but the natural skill was clearly lacking. Didn't matter how many times I went down, I'd get up and keep going. Very much a "I can do this all day" or "I didn't hear no bell" attitude. In hindsight, a foolish attitude that probably got me a lot more bruises than I would've otherwise got. Not that I always lost, but I suspect my record would have considerably more losses than victories.

But sometimes one daydreams about becoming that martial arts master, especially when I was younger. My original name certainly linked to that dream, and over the years it evolved (often keeping the theme) until I landed with Shifu which, broadly speaking, is the Chinese equivalent of "Sensei".
I later found out that it's actually the anglicised version, a more direct translation is "Sifu" - like the attack pet. I have always pronounced it the "proper" way - like "Seafood" but dropping the "d" rather than the "She-fu" most people go for.

So far as I know both "Sensei" and "Sifu" are still taken, so I'm Shifu. Truth be told, I've had this name so long, I don't think I'd change even if I could.

Plus it's also spelled the same way as Master Shifu (From the Kung Fu Panda franchise), which is pretty cool. :P
If you only do what you can do, you will never be more than you are now.

25-Mar-2023 12:44:46

Taeryu
Nov Member 2023

Taeryu

Posts: 100 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My runescape name was made way back when.

It is a shortened phrase for Tae Kwon and Ryuu or Martial Dragon.
Back when I made the account, until about level 70ish combat; I was specialized in fists and unarmed combat. I would do magic and ranged of course if only to raise the levels; but in actual combat excluding two quests I did exclusively this fighting style.

27-Mar-2023 01:24:47

Fireclan
Jan Member 2017

Fireclan

Posts: 1,311 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My RSN comes from a book series called Warriors. There are different clans within the Warriors series like the Thunderclan, Riverclan, etc.. I thought it would be neat if there was a Fireclan. So came into existence my RSN. ;)
“I must ride with my Knights to defend what was, and the dream of what could be. "

28-Mar-2023 23:37:56

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 25,052 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
YtHaar-Mej is TzHaar for Sacred-Ice Mage.

My Char is Zarosian, and I enjoy the Ice spells....so there we go.
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

28-Mar-2023 23:43:54

Quick find code: 14-15-441-66274170 Back to Top