Forums

Inactive Clan Owners Thread is locked

Quick find code: 135-136-684-65507718

DairyPr0duct

DairyPr0duct

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Clan: Letter From Oblivion

I have been deputy owner of this clan acting as owner for a few months. The owner "Mr Frisky" left the clan to try and give me Owner position and the game automatically assigned it to another inactive member. "Smokeydaboss" . He publicly announced he was making me leader to the entire clan, all of which agreed. This all happened 10-15 mins ago, in our clan chat. WE have no way to contact Smokey and we would like the ownership to become mine. Others may be posting on the same issue.
Clan Owner of Emissaries of Seren

19-Mar-2017 20:56:02

Mr Frisky
Mar Member 2022

Mr Frisky

Posts: 44 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey mods, I have an issue and didn't know where else to turn

CLAN: Letter from Oblivion
OWNER: Smokeydaboss (accidental owner)
DEPUTY OWNER: DairyPr0duct (meant to give ownership to him)

3/19 - Sunday - I decided to hand over ownership to my deputy owner, DairyPr0duct, due to me not being able to fulfill my duties. I was under the assumption that by leaving I would be given the option of picking my replacement. This was not the case. Please can you look into this, please check our clan chat around 20:30 game time to see that my intention was for Dairy to receive it. Smokeydaboss is currently inactive and cannot give up permissions. PLEASE HELP MY CLAN NEEDS IT!!! Should I tweet this info to someone else instead? Unsure how to fix my poorly executed exit! Response appreciated!!!

19-Mar-2017 20:59:16

Sicariu
Feb Member 2011

Sicariu

Posts: 9,648 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi DairyPr0duct & Mr Frisky,

I'm sorry to hear that this happened, but there is nothing Jagex can do to correct this mistake. According to RuneMetrics, Smokeydaboss was last actively gaining XP in February and is therefore not inactive. (See here:
https://apps.runescape.com/runemetrics/app/overview/player/smokeydaboss
)
Jagex will only remove an inactive clan leader if they meet the criteria posted in the OP:
Mod Matthe said :

Criteria:

1) Your Clan Leader must have been inactive (ie not logged in) for over 12 months.
2) One of the existing Clan deputies must have been active in the last 7 days.
3) The request for change of ownership must be made by an existing clan deputy.

In order to choose who becomes the new clan owner, you should temporarily demote all current deputy owners until there is only one (the person you want to become owner). Then, demote yourself to Admin. Changing your own rank will automatically shift the deputy's rank to owner, who can then correct the ranks of anyone who was demoted in the process. You do not need to leave your clan as owner in order to execute such a change.

Jagex's systems also do not store information about past clan owners. The change you made was final, and your clan unfortunately doesn't meet the criteria to have your mistake corrected. :(

EDIT: Interesting. The [link url=][/link] BBCode doesn't allow us to link to other player's RuneMetrics Profiles.
~ Sicariu
Leader of
No Sigil No Sleep
- founded 1 April 2013
Need Clan Help ?

19-Mar-2017 21:34:16 - Last edited on 19-Mar-2017 21:41:36 by Sicariu

Krak monkey

Krak monkey

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1) Your Clan Leader must have been inactive (ie not logged in) for over 12 months. - Yes, since january last year.

2) One of the existing Clan deputies must have been active in the last 7 days. - Both me and the other deputy has been active

3) The request for change of ownership must be made by an existing clan deputy. - I am a deputy

23-Mar-2017 15:32:17

Arezek
Apr Member 2014

Arezek

Posts: 125 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Curious on how often this is looked at/updated, or when we can expect an answer? My clan and I have been waiting almost a month now for any news on change of ownership. Starting to get a bit anxious.

04-Apr-2017 01:08:39

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Lexipoo said :
Clan: Soaring legends
Owner: Osleepr
Deputy Owner: Lexipoo
Leader has been inactive for about 13 months now.

I have approved your transfer of Clan Ownership and will be passing that to the relevant team for processing.
Mod MattHe | Former Community Manager, now in Events & occasional Lore Monkey

04-Apr-2017 15:21:31

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

Morbidslayer said :
Clan: Highcouncil
Owner: hc rayden
Deputy Owner: morbidslayer
Leader has been inactive for 12 months

I have approved your transfer of Clan Ownership and will be passing that to the relevant team for processing.

04-Apr-2017 15:22:21

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

icey creamey said :
clan: Court of Camelot
Clan owner: [#7YB2J3Z19]
Deputy owner: Icey Creamey

the leader has been in active for like 2 or so years

04-Apr-2017 15:23:02

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

Mark e said :
Hi Mod Matthe

clan name - gods of warr

clan leader - warrgoddess - who is no longer with us

deputy owner - m a r k i e - new clan leader plz

deputy owner - sancara

It has been agreed between sancara and myself that I should take over the clan as owner.

I have posted previously but i think it was overlooked

04-Apr-2017 15:23:51

Quick find code: 135-136-684-65507718 Back to Top