Forums

Kindred Spirits Bugged

Quick find code: 98-99-915-66185547

Wilheim Kur

Wilheim Kur

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Not sure if you managed to get past this yet but I had the same issue when using area loot to collect the western 2 books. This only logged as a single secret found. In the end to fix it I had to destroy all 4 books, relog, turn off area loot from the Settings > Gameplay > Item Drops > Loot System menu and collect the 4 books again, it then showed the 5/5 secrets found message in the chat box, you can then proceed by interacting with the shadow focus, job done. I also submitted a bug report explaining the above.

29-Nov-2020 11:39:50 - Last edited on 29-Nov-2020 11:41:55 by Wilheim Kur

ManaMath
May Member 2020

ManaMath

Posts: 12 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I tried what Wilheim Kur suggested, but it didn't work. I really want this quest done and out of the way because it is blocking me from completing higher level quests. I am frustrated. I've submitted a bug report, but I'm stuck and unable to progress through the quests.

10-Feb-2021 17:47:13

Trewavas
Jun Member 2014

Trewavas

Posts: 28,499 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
First things first, I would encourage you to backtrack a little, to make sure you have completed each step correctly. It might be that you have missed something along the way.

There's a helpful guide here:
https://runescape.wiki/w/Kindred_Spirits

If you're still experiencing problems, I would also recommend submitting a bug report in-game. It looks like a few people behave experienced this over the past few months, and it could be an issue that has gone unresolved.

10-Feb-2021 18:19:47

ManaMath
May Member 2020

ManaMath

Posts: 12 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I did follow the wiki 100% (several times over) and I followed the suggestion on how to redo that part of the quest. The orb stays broken and unclickable/unfindable, thus leaving the quest unfinishable. I need it done to move forward.

Please help.

11-Feb-2021 13:15:27

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Posts: 27,892 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Good to know!
It might help to send a bug report.
Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

05-Apr-2021 16:05:56

Velhoan

Velhoan

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Was a solution found around this in the end? I've finally buckled down to doing quests, spent all afternoon doing this quest for it to glitch in exactly the same way. I'd completed every step, used the orory to watch the cut scene, but can't do anything with the Shadow Focus. It just keeps telling me to look around. Perpetually Confused

01-Jun-2022 17:33:00

Velhoan

Velhoan

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The crystal in the orory is also shattered and can't be used again.
Perhaps I need to other quests and come back to it later. I'll submit a bug report, but it doesn't look as though it did much good last time.
Perpetually Confused

01-Jun-2022 17:35:50

Quick find code: 98-99-915-66185547 Back to Top