Forums

need help .. necromancer

Quick find code: 98-99-825-66284894

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Posts: 2,630 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm a skiller; not a killer! Thus, I want to work necromancer via skills....for the most part!

I've already checked out the quests involved with this new skill and will be playing around with them soon. I've also done the initial quest and have done some "rituals". The rituals have unlocked some abilities, shot me up a few levels and shown me some incantations.

The reason I'm posting here is to clarify what friends have told me that I cannot confirm at Wiki. It is in the area of making money from this necromancer skill.

1. I was told to make some "lesser" necroplasm to sell at GE, i.e. buy some "weak' necroplasm at the shop along with some other items to create this. What I found is that this "lesser necroplasm" turns out to be a "ritual". How does one sell a ritual at GE?

2. I was told to gather materials, craft them into items to sell at GE. (I'm hoping some of the associated quests will clarify this because I have no idea what materials to gather nor what to do with them.)

I have discovered the "storage box" will hold all my bones and different wools; but that is all. I apparently need to carry the candles, ink, etc in my backpack so as to...I think...do the rituals.

I've spent literally hours studying wiki about this new skill and did find out about the associated quests but nothing about how to make runes for profit and/or rituals for profit and/or armour for profit. Am I confused??? I sure would appreciate some help in getting all this sorted out. I am such a "concrete" thinker that it has been difficult for me to understand the processes associated with this new skill....even though so far I'm enjoying it.
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
II Cor. 5:7 "We walk by faith! Not by sight!"

08-Aug-2023 17:21:16

DrauDaedolon
Aug Member 2006

DrauDaedolon

Posts: 10,120 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
To make lesser necroplasm, you'll need to perform a "Lesser Necroplasm" ritual at the ritual site; make sure you buy lots of weak necroplasm and basic ghostly ink from Lupe in the City of Um so you can do many of these rituals. At first you can turn this lesser necroplasm into regular ghostly ink, but once you hit 60 Necromancy you'll need to turn some of it into greater necroplasm instead.

For now, work towards unlocking and completing the "Kili Row" and "Rune Mythos" quests. Once you've done these you can make ensouled materials (which aren't tradeable) and impure essence.

09-Aug-2023 00:15:38 - Last edited on 09-Aug-2023 00:21:40 by DrauDaedolon

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Thank you so much for responding. I now understand how to get the "lesser necroplasm" as it shows up in my output box after the rituals are completed. And since Lupe sells the "weak" daily and for cheap, I can continue this for awhile. I am now lvl 36...if I recall correctly. :)

I have also found a guide for both the Kili Row quest and the Rune Mythos quest; and will be doing those soon.

I'm still having problems understanding what wiki is saying about developing this skill; but am still trying hard to do so. I sure appreciate the help and please feel free to contact me in game if you are so inclined and have the time for questions.
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!

09-Aug-2023 01:09:56

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Updating...
Have completed both quests (Kili and Mythos); and have upgraded both the dual weapons as well as the set of armour...called guard something or other.

Now am stuck as to how to proceed. Have started looking at achievements associated with the City of Um; yet am more interested in using rituals to continue developing this skill. Have not been able to find a wiki guide to this that I can understand. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I might get a step-by-step guide to developing this skill (without combat)? I've been looking at videos and so many are fast moving with fast words; thus it is very hard to know what they are saying....

09-Aug-2023 21:31:00

DrauDaedolon
Aug Member 2006

DrauDaedolon

Posts: 10,120 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you don't want to train Necromancy through combat, then rituals are really your only option. Focus on necroplasm and essence rituals to get necroplasm (for ghostly ink) and essence (for runes).

Communion and ensoul rituals are more for the combat side of Necromancy, so they won't help as much unless you plan to embrace that side in the future.

09-Aug-2023 22:26:09 - Last edited on 09-Aug-2023 23:26:14 by DrauDaedolon

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Thank you Draudaedolon. I do think I might go into the combat side a little later on. Thus, I've upgraded by ummm I think it is called deathguard armour with the dual weapons Necromany puts out. Since my necro lvl is now 46 I've upgraded all to lvl 40 via rituals.

Yes I've been focusing heavily on rituals. Still unsure as to what to do exactly so as to make any money off this; but am trying to learn. In this regard I have been exploring the necroplasm to get ghostly ink and essence rituals to get impure essence for creating runes.

The only problem I've run into thus far continues to be "understanding" wiki. I'm simply not auditory but need a visual interpretation for understanding words; so this has made learning very hard...always has (I'm still amazed I actually got thru university programs with this condition!) So I continue to try and turn wiki's verbage into "concrete step-by-step" processes I can understand. [I know this probably sounds silly to some people; but example: Closing a door. First you put hand on door knob, then turn knob, then push or pull open door and step through.] It has also caused a hardship on my in-game friends, though they never complain. And I have no doubt it is asking people in this forum to be patient with me, which most have always been; and for which I am quite grateful.

10-Aug-2023 15:09:52

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Updating .....

Just spent literally hours going over the "upgrading" required for the necromancy combat set & weapons. Have upgraded to lvl 50 already! Am realizing to go much further up tiers in this regard is rather futile for me as combat is not something I enjoy.

Sure wish there was a way to make money with the ritual side of this skill; but not being wise in marketing, this seems out of my reach. Still I'm glad Jagex gave us a way to advance the skill without a lot of combat. :)

12-Aug-2023 00:04:55

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Updating....
Ran out of the higher lvl bones (and meme thingies) getting souls for the Well of Souls, which I understand makes the talent tree grow. So went over to the Taverly dungeon with necro armour/weapons (ability bar set up with a couple of healing abilities on it as well) and a bit of food and some anti-dragonfire potion made years ago. Stayed about half an hour to collect "baby dragon bones". (They give 3 souls per ritual.) Was not a bad fight; so may do a bit more combat as time goes. I am now lvl 53 necromancy!

Heading back to the ritual site to continue creating "lesser necroplasm". Saving this as am planning on placing it in focus storage to use to create "regular ghostly ink" until am lvl 60 necromancy; then will continue using this lesser necro to create "greater necroplasm". Not sure what to have in focus storage to create this "greater" unless it is the "lesser" necroplasm. Is this correct?

Thanks for helping...

12-Aug-2023 14:48:14

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Also trying to understand the Talent Tree. I've apparently unlocked #2 but don't know how I did! Wiki is no help as to what it takes to unlock each level of this tree...unless I'm missing it somewhere. Is there an URL that will explain this to me?

12-Aug-2023 17:32:02

Quick find code: 98-99-825-66284894 Back to Top