Forums

need help .. necromancer

Quick find code: 98-99-825-66284894

DrauDaedolon
Aug Member 2006

DrauDaedolon

Posts: 10,120 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Each tier of the Talent Tree is unlocked by having the correct Necromancy level, and by gathering souls.

Communion rituals are the main source of souls, but helping the inhabitants of Um and completing the First Necromancer quests will generate some too.

12-Aug-2023 19:03:54

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Posts: 2,630 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think I'm better understanding this new skill; and it is fun. I'm necro lvl 71 and have already upgraded my armour/weapons to T60

Now I'm stuck as I don't know which route to take for continuing the armour/weapons upgrades...either power route or tank. Friends are all trying so hard to be helpful; yet are in disagreement as to which route is best (and easiest as for as getting materials needed for the upgrades). Since I don't enjoy combat and have no interest in learning how to kill bosses, all I want is some good necro armour for quests and slayer tasks.

I understand tank armour increases hitpoints and power armour does not; yet power armour increases the amount of damage you can deal whereas tank armour does not do this as well. (I have no real understanding about any of this.)

Some of my friends tell me going the power route means having to kill lower-lvl bosses; whereas the tank route means having to kill higher-lvl bosses. Example: for T70 I would need to gather 20 something or other from each of only the 6 original barrows brothers; then the last chest of the last brother would turn all this accumulated stuff into the item needed for the T70 upgrade. Another friend is telling me I need to kill all 8 barrows brothers and use some type of flask on their coffins to get what is needed for this T70 upgrade. (I keep reading wiki over and over trying to understand what it says about both the power and tank routs. As ever I'm having problems putting wiki words into visual format for my understanding.)

Can anyone in here understand my situation and make some suggestions?
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
II Cor. 5:7 "We walk by faith! Not by sight!"

20-Aug-2023 02:42:57

DrauDaedolon
Aug Member 2006

DrauDaedolon

Posts: 10,120 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As you say, the tank robes give extra lifepoints and a chance to dodge incoming attacks, while the power robes increase your damage output and have a chance to apply Death Mark to enemies (marked enemies die instantly if their health drops below 20%).

Both sets of tasks involve a mixture of low-level and high-level bosses; there are some special requirements that Kili will explain, but killing them using necromancy is a must.

Tank
- T70 - Six original Barrows Brothers
- T80 - Four original GWD generals
- T90 - Four original Heart of Gielinor generals and TzTok-Jad

Power
- T70 - Giant Mole and Kalphite Queen
- T80 - QBD and Nex
- T90 - Araxxi, The Ambassador and Telos/Vorago/Solak

20-Aug-2023 09:58:45 - Last edited on 20-Aug-2023 12:45:28 by DrauDaedolon

Iorn Stone77
Aug Member 2009

Iorn Stone77

Posts: 27 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Compleeting comunion rituals will fill the well of souls with souls.
More souls=higher teirs unlocked.
Once you have unlocked a teir you will need to use points aquired from gaining xp through combat with necromancy to unlock more abilities+incantations.

20-Aug-2023 16:33:51

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Posts: 2,630 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
OMG Thank you all so much. Your information was right on target with what I needed and clear/concrete enough for me to follow. I'm so grateful.

I doubt I will ever get my necro gear past T70 as I'm just no good at slaying high lvl monsters; however, T70 will work fine for me in going up the Talent Tree using low-lvl monsters (even some high lvl slayer monsters). :) ) Feeling good about this now.
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
II Cor. 5:7 "We walk by faith! Not by sight!"

21-Aug-2023 03:47:00

Quick find code: 98-99-825-66284894 Back to Top