Forums

Need suggestions...

Quick find code: 98-99-788-66286313

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Posts: 2,630 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm working necromancy for the most part and have run up against a snag in upgrading my armour/weapons. I've decided I want to take the power route to lvl 70, which I did (with the help of a really nice player); then I decided to continue upgrading the "weapons" past 70.

The hardest part of all this upgrading is getting Kili what she wants; and this has lead to a snag in my upgrades. What I'm needing now is the lvl 80 payment to her. I have everything except the charged hammer; and for this I need to kill each of the 4 generals in GWD. I found if I have the "Shard of Zaros" I can get into the GWD and get to each general without an extra amount of fighting; so this is what I'm working on now. I do not have the shard; thus, am attempting to complete the "Fate of the Gods" quest in order to get it.

I have read the quick & long guides on this quest; and my son and I have both started it. (His stats are as good as mine...pretty high...and he enjoys combat much more than I; also is great at puzzles; so he is a great help to me. And since we have our individual computers in the same play room, it is fun.) We are both stuck in this quest at the point where we need to kill the 4 nihils. We have not been able to kill all 4 before having to tele out; and sure would appreciate any suggestions in this regard that can be given. Thank you
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
II Cor. 5:7 "We walk by faith! Not by sight!"

02-Sep-2023 00:55:19

DrauDaedolon
Aug Member 2006

DrauDaedolon

Posts: 10,120 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Before we get to the nihil, I want to clarify a couple of things:
1) The four factions in the GWD can be pacified by wearing an item that belongs to that faction. So, for example, if you wore a holy symbol then the Saradominists would stop attacking you. (This doesn't work on the Zarosians, though - you will need the shard of Zaros for them.)
2) If you have the Totem of Intimidation, it allows you to enter the generals' rooms without needing to kill 40 of their followers.

For the nihil you face during the quest, it's best to fight them one at a time - stay near the centre so you have time to dodge any nihil that charge towards you. My preferred order is this, but it's up to you.
1) Personally I'd get rid of the ice nihil first because it drains prayer points. If it hisses, use the Freedom ability to escape its stun, then use super restore potions to get the prayer points back.
2) Kill the shadow nihil next - if it hisses, move to avoid its shadow bomb. Because the ice and shadow nihils always charge north and south, this will create some safe areas in the arena.
3) The smoke nihil is probably the easiest to beat, but get rid of it now because it can drain combat stats.
4) Finally, kill the blood nihil. If it hisses, stop attacking and wait for it to fight you again.

02-Sep-2023 09:27:32

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Posts: 2,630 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
OMG that helps so much. Thank you.

I will see if I have the "totem of intimidation". Will need to wiki it if I don't have it in bank because I've never heard of it before.

A friend in game said if I wear "one" item of "Pernex" (like my range armour) then I would be able to get around in the GWD without being attacked. Have not tried this yet; and it has been many years since I've been in that dungeon; so really don't know how to get around in there. Keeping the npc off me while I find what I need to find would help.
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
II Cor. 5:7 "We walk by faith! Not by sight!"

02-Sep-2023 11:04:10

Quick find code: 98-99-788-66286313 Back to Top