Forums

vault of shadows problem

Quick find code: 98-99-697-66185632

Lady Volanko
Nov Member 2006

Lady Volanko

Posts: 176 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I activated animate dead scroll on shadow button, not realizing I had not completed the third puzzle. I went ahead and did the third puzzle and got the page, but the fourth puzzle will not appear. Tried casting the spell again, but nothing happens. Any advice on how I can get the fourth puzzle to appear so I can finish mystery?

23-Oct-2020 18:36:34

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Posts: 27,892 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Have you looked through the Wiki guide for this puzzle?

They tend to help me out. Usually it's just a step that I've missed, so the checkboxes help me track what I've yet to complete.
https://runescape.wiki/w/The_Vault_of_Shadows#Fourth_side
Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

23-Oct-2020 18:52:17

Lady Volanko
Nov Member 2006

Lady Volanko

Thanks for moving this to correct forum. I have consulted the wiki, but the problem is that I have completed three of the puzzles and gotten all four of the pages, but despite trying everything I can think of, the fourth puzzle does not appear.

23-Oct-2020 19:39:56

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Ok thank you , I will try to do the mystery so hopefully I can cater some better help :)

In the meantime please see Bibzuda's guide. I like to say if Wiki can't help, then Bib sure can! :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2yfv-nZlSs

---------------------------

To summarize

You need to activate all shadow anchors to gain access to the Praetorian war table which is required to do puzzle 4. You can also access it if the giant pylon is active.
I found contributing artefacts to Soran gives a lot of pylon batteries.
https://runescape.wiki/w/Soran,_Emissary_of_Zaros#Archaeology_collections

https://runescape.wiki/w/Shadow_anchor
Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

23-Oct-2020 19:58:10 - Last edited on 23-Oct-2020 20:56:43 by Corder

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Ok, I've added a summary of what you're supposed to do in the previous post.

I've now done the steps outlined in the Wiki and have to fill the engrameter with 500 memories, so that should have cleared any confusion in here.

Happy scaping

23-Oct-2020 21:03:21

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

I agree sending a bug report was a great idea.

Are you able to send some screenshots of where you go from when pressing the button, where you arrive, and how the vault looks? Pasting image links is fine, you don't need to use the imgur button.

I'd just like some personal assurance that this isn't a user error but an actual game bug, as then I would have to cater different advice for you to try resolve the issue.

24-Oct-2020 02:25:01

Lady Volanko
Nov Member 2006

Lady Volanko

lol no I don't know how to do screenshots. I am old and not great with technology. When I hit the shadow button and tele to vault there are no circles on the floor to do puzzle the big door is open and all the lights are lit up on the walls. I have all four pages and finished 3 puzzles. Talked to site manager and he says I still need to finish mystery as it also says the same thing in my arch book. So, I am at a loss, but hope I can get some help from bug report.

I realize I activated the animate dead scroll before I had finished 3rd puzzle. I am thinking that caused my glitch, but it did give me the fourth page.
Thanks for trying to help.

24-Oct-2020 02:46:46

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

The thing is with bug reports, they will take anything from until next patch notes (usually Monday) to weeks or even months, so relying on a sucessful bug report will block you out of game progression for potentially months. :(

You can take screenshots pressing
Windows
+
Print Screen
. It will save to your clipboard as well as your Pictures folder on your computer. It should be under This PC -> Pictures -> Screenshots.

You can also search for 'snip' in windows search and use the snipping tool. Then create a marque selection of your target area on screen. This saves to clipboard, not to computer unless a location is specified. Then head to
https://imgur.com/
and press CTRL V. It will upload the image and let you copy the link.

Screenshots aside
You mention that the big door is open. Wouldn't this mean that the puzzle is done with? Are you able to enter the center ?
If there isn't any item on the ground, please search your bank for 'engra' or speak to the site manager and see if he holds it for you.

I'll also put a short step guide with pictures.
1) Enter the Praetorian war table

2) Press the shadow button and head to the Vault

3) You should be at the marked location

4) If it looks as such, it means you've done all puzzles and need to use the engrammeter that your bank or site manager has. Or your client just won't load the entities, in which case refer to the bottom part of my post

Assuming the above doesn't apply
It would likely be a client issue or bug.

Please try clearing your client cache. It's possible that some game assets or code doesn't load because of a corrupted cache. This happens rarely but it is possible.
How to clear your cache

24-Oct-2020 03:07:15 - Last edited on 24-Oct-2020 03:10:30 by Corder

Quick find code: 98-99-697-66185632 Back to Top