Forums

bugged drop rate (seriously)

Quick find code: 98-99-634-66288193

Hoshiko x
Jan Member 2020

Hoshiko x

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
hi, I'm hoping somebody here can help me out, I've been camping solak now for quite a while and I'm still dry on the grimoire, normally i wouldn't post something about this because drop rates are drop rates, however I'm getting close to 1000 kills without getting the item, here's the log for reference.

I don't know how to get the account checked incase there is some form of bug causing this - I'm assuming not but I've done the boss on 3 accounts of mine now and each one had grim by 360 at the latest (sometimes two or three by then), I am triple this now without a singular one for the iron

if the account is not bugged would be a good thing to know before I invest countless more hours trying to get an item if it's impossible?

thank you again for taking the time to read and hopefully give a helping hand!

https://prnt.sc/oRj50tbo4uLo

02-Oct-2023 20:20:39

Terian
Jul Member 2022

Terian

Posts: 411 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello Hoshiko, it looks like the Grimoire has a drop rate of about 1/200, granted going close to 1000 and not getting it is seriously unlucky, I don't think there's any "bug" in regards to your account, and unfortunately the people who are active on these forums cannot check something to do with your account. If you still think there's a bug, report it as an in-game bug and you will get in contact with a JMod that can investigate further. Hope this helps!
Here to help <3
Still confused?Heres some great resources:
Runescape Support | Game Suggestions

03-Oct-2023 00:50:07

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,603 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As this is an issue with game content, rather than an account issue (registered email, security, bans), this thread has been moved to the RuneScape Guides and Help Forum.

Terian's advice is correct. It's likely just a stretch of bad luck. Drops are random and drop rates are not a guarantee of a drop. For example, if you are trying for an item that has a 1 in 200 drop rate and you kill 1 of the NPC/monster that drops it, that does not reduce the odds on the next monster to 1 in 199. Each kill after that also has the same 1 in 200 chance.
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

03-Oct-2023 04:11:22

Quick find code: 98-99-634-66288193 Back to Top