Forums

Using a cannon...

Quick find code: 98-99-46-66230000

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Posts: 2,630 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello,
I will be working my slayer skill hard soon. It is presently lvl 111. I have pretty good combat skills and some fair armour/weapons. I'm specifically interested in using the cannon in this wherever possible. I have all 3 types of cannons and all have been upgraded as much as they each can be. I also have plenty of cannonballs.

What I've been looking for is a "list" of which slayer monsters the cannon could be most useful with. I do know cannons are situational; and it would need to be "allowed" in that particular fighting arena; and I do know "many" monsters (like dagganoths) that can be killed easily in groups would be good to use a cannon with. I also know I can "test" each assignment I get to find out if one of the cannons I have would be helpful there...maybe like the Karamja dungeon (except for addy dragons). This is about my limit on understanding what to use the cannon with during slayer tasks.

I'm posting here to see if anyone can help:
1. Maybe you've had experiences and know where to use one of the 3 types of cannons with particular monsters and in particular arenas.
2. Maybe you know where on wiki I might find a "list" identifying what monsters it would be good to use cannons with.

Any help/information/suggestions would be welcomed. Even can contact me in game if you want.
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
II Cor. 5:7 "We walk by faith! Not by sight!"

23-Sep-2021 07:28:00

Ten Ten Men
Jun Member 2011

Ten Ten Men

Posts: 25 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I personally haven't used a cannon in many years though out of hope that it does help, perhaps just stick with whatever that monster is weak to?

I just looked on the wikipedia and sure enough there are 3 different types so if you are to use them in any way I'd probably do it like this:

Oldak Coil (magic) - use on melee enemies
Kinetic Cyclone (melee) - use on range enemies
Dwarf Multicannon (range) - use on mage enemies.

This is just following the combat triangle:
Mage is strong to melee, weak to range.
Melee is strong to range, weak to mage.
Range is strong to Mage, weak to melee.

As you're level 111 slayer I fear that I've just mansplained (sorry!) but I think that's really it, I've seen setups like that on slayer tasks though never tried it myself.

Good luck slaying!

12-Oct-2021 17:58:39

Quick find code: 98-99-46-66230000 Back to Top