Forums

RS3 While Guthix Sleeps Q?

Quick find code: 98-99-272-66279580

Superfury
Nov Member 2022

Superfury

Posts: 169 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When doing the boss fight of While Guthix Sleeps (after the dolmens, at the Stone of Jas), what are the effects of an Overload potion there?

Do Overloads protect against the Balance Elemental's stat changes?

Does the stat boosting to 255/(whateverlvlyouareinthatskill) in all combat skills during the Tormented Demons fight still apply when a overload effect is still active?
Or should you wait for the effect of the overload to expire before touching the Stone of Jas for a second time?

Hopefully some good info for ppl trying the quest after me.

04-May-2023 21:29:38 - Last edited on 05-May-2023 19:26:06 by Superfury

Superfury
Nov Member 2022

Superfury

Posts: 169 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just tried the approach using full armadyl (initial setup (with gloves/boots/helm), dual wielding armadyl crossbow), hooded magic cape, farsight sniper necklace, ring of fortune, 10k royal bolts equipped.
Then for alternate style (magic): full subjugation(+gloves/boots/helm), dragonfire ward(charged to full def) and arcane stream necklace. (8 inv spaces in total for this swap setup)
The rest of the inventory:
strange teleorb, sapphire lantern, 2k blood runes and 10k water runes (more than enough at least!)
2 super restore potions (fully unused) ,games necklace for tele to tears of guthix, overload(3) (only 1 dose used), 12 rocktails(4 used).

With 99 magic, 80 ranged, 80/85/81 atk/str/def, 86 pray (recharged at temple of sentissten for a boost) and deflect curses (no tier 92 yet unfortunately). 754/860 prayer points left.

Those bosses went down really fast. As in both fights lasted less than a minute, barely noticed then going down (as in clicking to fight, only about 2 or 3 swaps, maybe 4, just a few prayer swaps to different styles). Before I knew it, they were all taken down. XD

Did expect a lot more hassle on those fights, but all the boosts went fine.

The overload was still in effect during the demon fights, it might have lowered the stats from the Stone of Jas, but I'm not sure.
They went down pretty easily anyways (over in a flash).

05-May-2023 19:14:40

Quick find code: 98-99-272-66279580 Back to Top