Forums

•¤†¤ Church oƒ Saradomin ¤†¤•

Quick find code: 93-94-471-62621879

The contents of this message have been hidden.

19-Jun-2011 23:16:03

19-Jun-2011 23:17:18

20-Jun-2011 02:07:39

Rogen80

Rogen80

Posts: 464 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Many Greetings everyone!
I am writing today with the unfortunate news that I must resign from the COS. I realize that I never made an official resignation, and for that I'm sorry. To my very good friends, you know who you are! I will always cherish the good times we've had! :) If I ever have time to play RS again, we can always chat. But I simply have very little time anymore.
While searching for the correct way to resign, I found on the internet the official resignation! It seems eloquent enough, I hope this is the one we're supposed to use. Anyway, here it goes:
I, [Father Rogen, former Head of Recruitment on the Elder Council], regret to inform his Holiness the Supreme Pontiff JJ “the Sage” DCCLXII (May He live forever!) and fellow members of Saradomin’s Holy Church of Light, that with careful consideration and spiritual discernment have decided to resign from this noble organization. Let it be known that this action is not out of spite nor of ill-humour; rather, as the High Priestess Herself has said “I just don’t want to be hampered by my own limitations.” (Barbra Streisand) Indeed, "I don't enjoy public performances and being up on a stage. I don't enjoy the glamour. Like tonight, I am up on stage and my feet hurt.” (Barbra Streisand) Thus, it causes me great anguish and pain to make this announcement.
To be frank, the political intrigue and squabbles that have ripped this clan, this Holy Church of Saradomin, have left me disillusioned. Further, the Church has been the victim of far too many heresies and heathens that its own purity is compromised. For instance, I note with grim disappointment the number of Guthixians and followers of other “gods* that has plagued this Most Holy Church since I was first appointed Acolyte! I understand that the leadership of His Holiness Pope JJ “the Sage” DCCLXII (May He live forever!) has allowed these “members” to stay and even hold positions of power, including Deputy Owner!...

20-Jun-2011 02:31:58 - Last edited on 20-Jun-2011 02:35:29 by Rogen80

Rogen80

Rogen80

Posts: 464 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This being said, I do not fault His Holiness (May He live forever!). We have only to blame ourselves. As the High Priestess of the Light wisely states: “My biggest nightmare is I'm driving home and get sick and go to hospital; I say: ‘Please help me.’ And the people say: ‘Hey, you look like...’ And I’m dying while they’re wondering whether I’m Barbra Streisand.” (Barbra Streisand) Wise words Indeed! Words that speak to the soul and heart of every man!
With my parting, I will not forget the memories and good times that we’ve shared. I recall with fond bliss how His Holiness the Great, Just, and Virtuous JJ “the Sage” DCCLXII (May He live forever!) proctored a quiz show in His most holy Mansion. Our team Asgarnia was in the lead; however, His Holiness Pope JJ “the Sage” DCCLXII (May He live forever!) both proctor and leader of Misthalin wisely and justly inserted a few bonus questions to ensure righteous victory. How Noble! How Wise was this act! This supreme act of Justice warms my very core! Good times indeed!
Again, I thank you all for your kindness. Though I am leaving, I shall always remember each and every one of you! I will end my resignation with more wisdom from our very own High Priestess: “What does it mean when people applaud? Should I give ‘em money? Say thank you? Lift my dress? The lack of applause - that I can respond to.” (Barbra Streisand)
Regards,
Father Rogen
Diocese of Asgarnia

20-Jun-2011 02:32:11

Quick find code: 93-94-471-62621879 Back to Top