Forums

±‡± The Dark Confederation ±‡± Thread is locked

Quick find code: 90-91-890-62801336

The Gud Kang

The Gud Kang

Posts: 14,154 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I saw TDC's thread on it's first day of opening. I did not join it until a few months after it opened, but I always admired Ryan/Magic. I at the time was trying to save a sinking ship of a union, and I looked up to them, and TDC, as what a union SHOULD be like.
When the union I was in died, TDC was my first and only choice. I thought every other union had their formula wrong, and I was right. Upon joining TDC I experienced a community like no other. Just about every clan and staff member knew each other, people went to events, and enjoyed each other's company. About the same time I got co-leader, we started warring, and quickly established that we were better than everyone at community, and warring. But, all of that political bull **** wasn't quite as important as what I got to experience, I made real friends here.
It's not everyday that one gets to have a true union experience, and I experienced the greatest of them all. As Matt said, TDC was a REAL union, we didn't just war every now and then, we didn't pretend like we knew and liked each other, we DID like each other. Every single on of you (yeah even you Shola) were amazing friends during my time in TDC.
This was truly a great union, one that will never be repeated. While I'm sad to see it go, I'm glad that when I look back on my time in TDC, it's all I can do not to smile. We had some great times, and I look forward to talking to those of you who are left on a daily basis.
Though this union may be gone, the people I met and experiences I had will be there forever. I hope every one of you remembers just how much fun you had in TDC, and to keep in contact. You don't always make true friends on RuneScape, but, through this union, I certainly did.

14-Jul-2011 20:48:58

Hihihihi730

Hihihihi730

Posts: 25,694 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
To whomever cares,
I founded TDC, alongside Xageian and Jetstream300, but I'll be quite honest and I don't like to take credit, but I opened it really all on my own.
We subtly grew for the first bit, we had semi-active forums, but no real warring clans. Magicfinpro, whom I'd had the pleasure of leading with in my only other union, The Dark Cross Alliance, but yeah he was around every so often just giving tips.
Later, he came back to Scape, not to clanning, but was a union leader. Honestly he cared for TDC probably as much if not more than anyone, including me. I loved this union to death too.
After Magic came along we really got things rolling. Not to discredit anyone else, but he and I basically made TDC the warring level it stood for for quite some time. We got clans like The Resistance to join, and after that everything came easier. Misty was also leader at this time and did a great job on her part.
We kept building, never looking back. A VIP by the name of Sound5leader closed his union and was convinced to join TDC. This guy was an amazing help. He became Co Leader/Leader rather quickly. Our staff became better. I became less active, preoccupied in building my own clans, nonetheless overseeing the union.
With the help of Aurorashines, we made a pretty decent offsite forum that unfortunately never really got active enough. She also made us a Ventrilo. Can't thank her enough for her help.
Reberlrbl and Dylan Cage were also major parts of our core. Really active and good people who built us up even further.
We kept on growing, this was the biggest things I liked about TDC. Even when we slumped, we were still getting better. We warred more out of any union than any other union had for a long time. And we won almost every single one.
There were some epic wars that got down to 1v1 and 4v4. Some we just straight up annihilated, and few which we lost. It couldn't have been done without the rest of the staff, along with the help of clan leaders.

14-Jul-2011 21:14:33 - Last edited on 14-Jul-2011 21:19:53 by Hihihihi730

Hihihihi730

Hihihihi730

Posts: 25,694 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fusion was probably the best clan we had. Originally recruited by a great guy of The Steelz. Maybe not as talented in warring, but the biggest help by far. Panda and Sapphire were the main people for awhile. Always active and friendly, and part of our leadership. They recruited a lot of Fusion and more and more Fusion kept becoming part of the staff and we honestly could not have progressed without them.
I'm sorry if I left someone out, but we had a great run. We did things no other union had done before. We were the most longest-lasting warring union with consistent activity.
Thanks to all the clans who were ever apart of us. I hope you enjoyed your stay.
Lastly, I'm sorry that I wasn't always here to keep us up. I wish I contributed more after the first year. But it's not about me. I'm not the reason why we were so great. It was all the staff and the clans. I'll always remember TDC, probably even 30 years from now, though I probably won't still be playing RS, but I will still remember it for everyone who was there and how special it was to me. Perhaps we'll reopen in the future, but nothing on that is certain and it wouldn't be anytime soon.
What else can I say, but it was one helluva ride boys.
P.S. #tdc_union will stay open and I encourage you all to idle there!

Love,
FearlessRyan
- Founder and Leader of the Great Union, The Dark Confederation -

14-Jul-2011 21:14:42

Mikestrike3
Feb Member 2023

Mikestrike3

Posts: 11,205 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
sorry to hear of the unions departure from the RS community, used to be in a clan called final evolution for around 8months ending up as a co-leader in the clan, and a clan official for TDC.
good luck to every clan in wherever you may turn to.
Mikestrike03
Clan Veteran
Phoenix Kismet
The Forgotten Army

15-Jul-2011 01:44:49 - Last edited on 15-Jul-2011 01:45:25 by Mikestrike3

Harposgirl
Aug Member 2005

Harposgirl

Posts: 26,371 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sorry to See TDC close after all this time. Was Elite Warriors union they stood by us when we needed at the time. I enjoyed my stay with this Union.
Best of Luck to you all.

Harpos Leader of Enyo.
My Goals : 120 all skills first 4/9
:
Attack: 94.4m/104m
necromancy37.6m/120m
summoning 73.1m/104m
smithing 78.9n/120m

15-Jul-2011 03:38:47

Quick find code: 90-91-890-62801336 Back to Top