Forums

+=+ Vanyar 4th Age Events +=+

Quick find code: 90-91-88-57138370

Alch Primal
Jan Member 2007

Alch Primal

Posts: 5,073 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vanyar has usually had two tiers of players, with an Upper and Lower Council, and I would like to suggest a distinction between "General Elves" and what we will call "Warrior Elves", who would meet out in Elf Camp amongst other things.

Besides a distinction between upper and lower divisions, Godless Elves will be those amongst us teaming at GWD, while Clue Scroll Hunts will be under the guise of Clueless Elves.

Vanyer does pick up a new player now and then from the main Recruit Forum thread, but that forum is soooo crazy, so we need to have some other approaches and one I would like to suggest again is to use an event here to promote ourselves.

09-Jul-2008 01:01:16 - Last edited on 29-Sep-2008 14:19:03 by Alch Primal

Alch Primal
Jan Member 2007

Alch Primal

Other recruiting areas / teams of Elves we need to re-establish include God Wars teams, various minigame teams (Barbarian Assault, Trouble Brewing, Mort'ton Temple Building etc) with an Event thread posted in the Events forum welcoming players to join with Vanyar for an event when that is appropriate. Careful use of Event Posts - pointing to the clan chat and recruit threads but not trying to "recruit" in a diferent forum, could help with our membership, too. (I see this as a "key" thing, actually, but it must be done right.)

09-Jul-2008 01:01:52

Alch Primal
Jan Member 2007

Alch Primal

Introduction from the previous Event threads:

A Vanyar Event Month begins on a Monday at noon GMT with event #1, and then every 5th hour with 33 events over the following 'seven real world days', with a "complete vanyar month" being five such weeks of course, bringing an event back to initial noon (GMT) time five weeks later. Vanyar used to use EST times, but by using GMT the forum time stamps will help anyone not sure of their time zones.

Event duration varies - some events can be just 20 minutes long, while others can last for a couple of hours. World selection will also vary according to need but the default world for Vanyar is World 77.

Many suggested events will *go unattended* so don't fret if you fail to find others (try to indicate interest by posting such in the Vanyar Chat thread of Clan Discussion Forum). While Vanyar is rebuilding our membership base, there will be only selected events listed however the template for a complete month of events is given below so Council members in months to come can easily edit in events to suit.

The Event timetable is listed below, and I have left it blank at the moment except for Week 5, which I will use as an example and as a lead-in to starting Week 1 next Monday. I have also removed the "Weekly Clan Meeting" time until I have returned from our upcoming holiday and visit from my folks.

09-Jul-2008 01:03:06

Alch Primal
Jan Member 2007

Alch Primal

COPY of Vanyar invitation.... see main recruit thread for application...

Vanyar, the Elf Clan, is now open for applications and I invite you to read our history and to consider becoming an Elf today.

The Recruit Thread is: Quick find code: ...tba
(Application is in three parts!)

The Chat Thread is: Quick find code: ...tba
The Events Thread - Quick find code: ...tba

We list events on a 5-hourly rotation (making a 25-hour "Vanyar Day" and five week "Month of Vanyar&quot ;) . Our events cover the full range of RuneScape activities - and then some!

09-Jul-2008 01:05:06 - Last edited on 03-Feb-2010 02:13:17 by Alch Primal

Quick find code: 90-91-88-57138370 Back to Top