Forums

Star Find - Ver. 21 Thread is locked

Quick find code: 75-76-443-65869985

MaxMouse

MaxMouse

Posts: 1,325 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aisaka Ta1ga said :
Please be super careful of this clans fc. It's hyper toxic, just seen some new guy say to someone that he already called a star, he wasnt being horrible, and several of the senior members bullied the poor guy into leaving the clan, even after seeing the guy help out with star reports. Very toxic community, I have officialy left the FC also as i dont condone such toxic behaviour in a game that is supposed to be fun.

Yea I can see that things haven't changed since my last post for this FC. The admins of the FC are super toxic and power-mad. I gave up doing stars because of it. I came back looking at the forum post seeing if anything was different since, but nah. It's the same toxicity it was when I left it, and unlikely will ever change.
The mining rework, however, made shooting stars mostly just a fun little side thing now (if you can call it fun anymore). Even if you were F2P, mining is more profitable than shooting stars, the XP per hour is better, and if you're an iron-man or artisan, you will gain materials for other skills. Best part is, you can do it without dealing with the same toxicity you find in this FC. What makes things worse about it, is whoever runs this FC is probably fully aware of its state and just lets it happen, but I digress.
That being said, if you aren't happy with this FC's way of running, you most likely never will be. Your pleas and feedback will be heard, but not answered, and you will likely benefit more from just doing them with a few friends if you really want to do stars. Otherwise, if it's just for mining training, just hit some rocks.

17-May-2020 10:11:45 - Last edited on 17-May-2020 10:13:00 by MaxMouse

Ceecs
Mar Member 2010

Ceecs

Posts: 16,166 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yea Page 83! :)

Reminder: to always report world/location/size in FC when u arrive at a star! :)

The following posts are most useful during the wave in Star Find!
Landing Sites and Abbreviations Star Find Reporting Policy Quick Chat Guide Wilderness Guide Scouting Guide Star Find Rules and Guidelines
Ceecs - leader of Ceecs Clan
Rank in Star Find, Harmed Ore, Beach FC | Ex-Rank in Fast SC

Ceecs Clan: DUTCH ONLY RS3 clan & Winner of the Iron Skilled Cup 2015!

23-May-2020 09:10:32

Aeromech
Oct Member 2005

Aeromech

Posts: 2,973 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In the FC in game, when someone ask about an abbreviation, they are often told that the abbreviations can all be found on starfind.net. And that is true. But it is not organized in a way to make it easy to find a specific abbreviation. In addition to your list nicely organized by region, skill level, free versus pay, etc. it would be really nice to have a list that is simply in alphabetical order by abbreviation. I expect someone on here has the database in a form that can be manipulated more effectively than I can. But since I'm making a suggestion, I at least did what I could do by copying, editing and pasting into Excel. I sorted alphabetically by the names as they are listed already. In many cases, but not all, the abbreviations follow the same alphabetization. This would be even more useful for looking up abbreviations if it were sorted by abbreviation.

Here's a start. This will take maybe three posts.

Al Kharid Bank – North of the bank; near the palace cart. Abbreviation: ''akb''
Al Kharid Chasm/Scorpions Mine – Lands in the center of the mine. Abbreviation: ''scorps''
Asgarnia – Falador, Rimmington region. Abbreviation: ''asg''
Brimhaven Dungeon – Mining area south of the entrance to Brimhaven Dungeon. Abbreviation: ''brim''; ''brimmy''
Burgh de Rott – Near the Burgh de Rott bank. Abbreviation: ''burg(h),'' ''bdr''
Canifis – Near the Canifis bank. Abbreviation: ''can'', ''canifis''
Champion’s Guild – Mining area near the Champion’s Guild. This location does not require entrance to the Champion’s Guild. Abbreviation: ''champs'' (not cg/wv)
Coal Trucks – Located within the Coal Trucks mining area. Abbreviation: ''ct''
Crafting Guild – Inside the guild, lands in the mine area. Abbreviation: ''cg''
Crandor - on the southeast corner of the island; requires partial completion of Dragon Slayer. Abbreviation: "cran", "crandor"
Crandor/Karamja – Western Karamja mainland, Crandor region. Abbreviation: ''c/k''

22-Jun-2020 07:21:32

Aeromech
Oct Member 2005

Aeromech

Desert – Al Kharid, Kharidian Desert region. Travel light and bring water. Abbreviation: ''des''
Duel Arena – Just south of the Mage Training Arena; slightly north of Duel Arena complex. Abbreviation: ''duel''; ''da''
Fremennik Lands – Fremennik Islands region. Abbreviation: ''f/l''
Gnome Stronghold – Near the northern stairs of the ground bank. Abbreviation: ''gnome''; ''gs''; unofficially: "tgs" (gs is preferred)
Hobgoblin’s Mine – Level 35 wilderness; south of the Lava Maze in the mine with hobgoblins. Abbreviation: ''hobs''
Horseshoe Mine – Northwestern Karamja peninsula near the town of Brimhaven. Abbreviation: ''hs''
Jatizso – Near the entrance to the underground Jatizso mine. Abbreviation: ''jatz''
Kandarin – Ardougne, Yanille, Seers Village region. Abbreviation: ''kand''
Keldagrim – Mining area near the Keldagrim entrance. Lands on the Runescape surface. Hati can attack miners at this star. Abbreviation: ''keld''; ''kelda''
Legend’s Guild – Mining area southwest of the Legend’s Guild. Abbreviation: ''leg''; ''legends''
Lletya – Near the archery shop. Abbreviation: ''lletya''; ''elf''
Lumbridge Swamp – Located near the mine with the tin and copper (not the coal and iron mine); the beginner’s mine. Abbrevation: ''lumb''
Lunar Isle - near the mine entrance. Abbreviation: ''lun''; ''lunar"
Mage Arena – Level 56 wilderness; north of lever to Mage Arena bank. Abbreviation: ''mb''
Mining Guild – Northeast of the mining guild; on the surface. Abbreviation: ''mg'' "art" "artesian" "artisian"
Miscellania - in the mine. Abbreviation: ''misc''
Misthalin – Lumbridge, Varrock region. Abbreviation: ''mist''
Monastery – Small mining area near the monastery south of Ardougne zoo. Abbreviation: ''mon''
Morytania/Mos Le’Harmless – Morytania region. Abbreviation: ''m/m''
Mos Le’Harmless – Northeast of the docks from Port Phasmatys; south of the clothing shop. Abbreviation: ''mos''
Nardah – Near the Nardah bank. Abbreviation: ''nard''; ''nardah''

22-Jun-2020 07:22:12

Aeromech
Oct Member 2005

Aeromech

Neitiznot – Eastern side of middle, green island on Neitiznot. Abbreviation: ''neitz''
North of Shilo Village – Near the nature altar; mining area containing adamantite and mithril, among other ore. Abbreviation: ''nats''; ''nat mine''
Pirate’s Mine – Level 53 wilderness; west of the Mage Arena. Abbreviation: ''pm''
Piscatoris – Mining area south of the Piscatoris Fishing Colony. Abbreviation: ''pisc''
Piscatoris/Gnome Stronghold/Tirannwn – Gnome and elf lands region. Abbreviation: ''pgt'', "p/g/t"
Quarry – Near the Bandit and Bedabin Camps. Abbreviation: ''quarry''; ''granite''
Rellekka – Mining area within the town. Abbreviation: ''rel(l)''
Rimmington – In the center of the town mine. Abbreviation: ''rim''; ''rimmy''
Runite Rocks – Level 47 wilderness; next to the runite ore spawn north of the Lava Maze. Abbreviation: ''rr''
Shilo Village – Gem mining area. Abbreviation: ''shilo''; ''gem mine''
Skeleton Mine – Level 9 wilderness; near Dark Knight’s Fortress. Abbreviation: ''sm''
South West Khazard – Mining area north of Yanille, just east of the Fight Arena. Abbreviation: ''swk''
Southeast Varrock – Mining area southeast of Varrock. Abbreviation: ''sev''
The Rune Shop – Between Aubury’s rune store and the Varrock east bank. Abbreviation: ''aubury''; ''aub''
Uzer – Mining area northwest of Uzer. Abbreviation: ''uzer''
Vultures Mine – Gold mining area far west of Nardah. Abbreviation: ''vult''
West Falador – Mining area west of Falador; climb over the low wall. Abbreviation: ''wf''
Wilderness Abbreviation: ''wildy''
Wilderness Volcano – Level 22 wilderness; near the old Bounty Hunter bank. Abbreviation: "vol" "volcano"
Yanille – West of Yanille bank, near the Magic Guild. Abbrevation: ''yb''; ''yan'' (not ''mg'')
Zamorak Mage/Steel Mine – Level 7 wilderness; near the entrance to the abyss. Abbreviation: ''zm'' (not ''sm'')

22-Jun-2020 07:22:32

Ceecs
Mar Member 2010

Ceecs

Posts: 16,166 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thank you for the alphabatic order, Aeromech! I'll point it out to the persons in charge of the forum topic and perhaps it can be implemented when we make v22. We can refer to your posts for now I guess. :) Ceecs - leader of Ceecs Clan
Rank in Star Find, Harmed Ore, Beach FC | Ex-Rank in Fast SC

Ceecs Clan: DUTCH ONLY RS3 clan & Winner of the Iron Skilled Cup 2015!

28-Jun-2020 08:10:40

Quick find code: 75-76-443-65869985 Back to Top