Forums

Champion Scrolls

Quick find code: 74-75-988-66266714

Peekabuwolf

Peekabuwolf

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am simply curious what the meaning of 1/5000 means? Does it mean that You will get a scroll between 1 and 5000 kills or does it mean you could get one between 1/5000?

I have noticed that some scrolls drop after only a few hundred kills of said monster drops. An i noticed others it takes a few thousands of kills.

However what I don't understand is if the game says you have 1/5000 chance at getting a drop for said champion scroll and your already 5,000 kills being now 10,000 kills past the 1/5000 drop why someone hasn't gotten the scroll.

I also have noticed once I started slaying a said monster that drops the scroll i got loads of tertiary drops including spirit gems. After i pass the 1/5000 mark and now over 8500 kills i've noticed more an more i stop receiving any more rare drops an spirit gems. Sometimes going almost 1-2000 kills and no rare table or tertiary drops.

Is there a way to have champion scrolls give a increased drop rate once passed the 1/5000 chance.

like,

1/5000 kills for champion scroll
2/5000 kills for champion scroll (after you pass the 1/5k count.
4/5000 kills for champion scroll (after you pass the 1/10k count.

I feel like the chances of getting it within the said 1/5000 drop doesn't make any sense if you dont get one. It would make more since to me if jagex removes the 1/5000 chance and states its a very rare drop. At this time i'm 40,000 kills and still dry. only have jogres and lesser demons left. and both are over the 1/5000 chance. I just think either i have really bad RNG for these last two monsters or they simply dont drop the scroll.

Either way i think there needs to be either a 5% or increased chance added for every 5000 kills past the 1/5000 chance drop rate. because this is getting stupid. Spending almost 1 week on one creature burning over 20k cannonballs and still nothing. :( :(

15-Nov-2022 03:32:50

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,169 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It means every kill has a 1/5000 chance (or 0.0002 %) to grant you that scroll - can be the first, can be 25417th kill, can never happen. But it certainly doesn't mean you'll have one after 5k kills - that's not like how probabilities work. The only thing you could do is using champion scroll enhancers, which improve your odds to 1/4k for a couple of kills.

The issue is - this piece of content is a proof of absolutely insane design - less so for that extremely rare chance, moreso for it involving creatures you wouldn't even consider fighting normally (with the a few exception where those things were included in relevant content - like imps in the slayer tower resource dungeon, where they just die along the way or skeletons and zombies in the shadow reef).

Thing is - any idea, that might ease this thing for a bit (and even if it's something like a threshold mechanic, that would solely help with extremely bad luck) can and will trigger players of the kind 'they had a bad time with this stuff - so everybody else is obliged to have that as well'.

So I generally would rather propose to give all those things a more relevant alternative - OS for instance allows to kill any giant (while fire giants may still not be relevant to high levelled players, they at least are to medium levelled ones), adding some dedicated drops you might want to farm from those (like beginner clues or untradable boss keys from hill and moss giants). Granted - OS has it a bit easier in that aspect, since they never had the idea of extending this steaming pile. But generally - this is probably the route, that might work the best.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

15-Nov-2022 06:44:32 - Last edited on 15-Nov-2022 07:11:02 by Rikornak

DrauDaedolon
Aug Member 2006

DrauDaedolon

Posts: 10,120 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fixut Maris said :
It is very annoying, waiting for a scroll. After killing more than 10k hill giants, still no scroll.
Am i doing something wrong?

The chance of NOT getting a scroll after 10,000 kills is 13.53%. So you're not doing anything wrong, you're just not very lucky. I suggest using champion scroll drop enhancers if you have them.

Also, please check the date of a thread before you bump it. This bump is ten months old.

11-Sep-2023 17:58:34 - Last edited on 11-Sep-2023 17:59:11 by DrauDaedolon

Quick find code: 74-75-988-66266714 Back to Top