Forums

Shattered Worlds: Average Joe

Quick find code: 74-75-92-66265961

Sylvanheart
Oct Member 2023

Sylvanheart

Posts: 222 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I recently suffered myself to go back and try to work towards unlocking Bladed Dive again...

...but ughhhh gods this minigame is so bad for average players.

I'm sure it feels great to play with high-end gear and all sorts of abilities unlocked. Most importantly: Soul Split and various AoE abilities like Corruption Shot/Blast . But holy hell it is an absolute horror show of a slog without those things, to the point that it feels kind of unplayable and certainly grinding towards the rewards is basically impossible considering the amount of anima they cost. Getting a single reward is not too bad on account of the bonuses we get for reaching a new highest world. But because the entry requirements to AoEing are so high in RuneScape and Shattered Worlds is made specifically to cater to mass AoEing, the game effectively becomes unplayable for the average mid-level player. I shouldn't have to be slogging slowly through mobs on a one-by-one basis and kiting the melee mobs out of their attention zones to avoid damage just to get through a 5-world set without dying.

05-Nov-2022 13:08:56

Sylvanheart
Oct Member 2023

Sylvanheart

Of course, for those who put their own resources into it at a high level with things like Soul Split, Overloads, high-end food, etc, they should be rewarded with higher anima payouts. And as far as I know, they are.

But something needs to be done to either reduce the minigame's focus on AoE or to power up average players' AoE potential, both offensively and defensively. The easiest solution would probably be to rebalance the reward system to be more about speed and mutations than base survivability against groups of mobs. High-end players can already speed through worlds super quickly and as far as I know the only major threats are the special debuff effects. The AoE damage output with Soul Split and other lifesteal mechanics is more than enough healing to keep them alive while being piled on by tons of mobs. So reward maximum AoE efficiency and its resulting speed, rather than trying to split it between speed and survivability. If high-end players are not under threat from the basic mob damage due to life steal, then just nerf the basic mob damage into the ground and put all the threat into the mutations.

05-Nov-2022 13:09:06 - Last edited on 05-Nov-2022 13:12:05 by Sylvanheart

Sylvanheart
Oct Member 2023

Sylvanheart

Oh also, they could improve the Travelling Merchant's anima stock, and possibly the reward from dailies as well. Compared to other stock, it's a pretty pathetic amount. The merchant sells a random amount between 500k~2m for 750k coins. It should probably be something like a random amount between 3m and 8m, maybe for a higher price if they must. And the anima from dailies is a mere 200k. That won't even buy a teleport to the minigame :@ . Meanwhile, they give us Gift for the Reaper which is a whopping 20 Reaper Points -- enough that a patient player can actually afford a hydrix just off daily challenges alone. Or pay for faster build up by buying from the Travelling Merchant.

05-Nov-2022 13:18:42

Jack Flac
Feb Member 2022

Jack Flac

Posts: 6,207 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh a shattered Worlds thread. I've actually been bouncing an idea in my head for multiplayer Shattered Worlds. Cause honestly it is a slog doing it solo, it's more fun messing around with these kinds of things with friends by your side. Shattered Worlds really just feels incomplete as a whole. Leader of The Enemy ||
The opposite of Justice is simply another Justice. What is Evil is subjective to each person.
YOU
are their evil

05-Nov-2022 14:00:58

Daddy Roshi
Jan Member 2018

Daddy Roshi

Posts: 3,348 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jack Flac said :
Oh a shattered Worlds thread. I've actually been bouncing an idea in my head for multiplayer Shattered Worlds. Cause honestly it is a slog doing it solo, it's more fun messing around with these kinds of things with friends by your side. Shattered Worlds really just feels incomplete as a whole.
nah should stay solo otherwise people will pay just to get carried to bd
200m defence 08-10-2021

comp cape 12-19-2021

05-Nov-2022 14:57:00

Jack Flac
Feb Member 2022

Jack Flac

Daddy Roshi said :
Jack Flac said :
Oh a shattered Worlds thread. I've actually been bouncing an idea in my head for multiplayer Shattered Worlds. Cause honestly it is a slog doing it solo, it's more fun messing around with these kinds of things with friends by your side. Shattered Worlds really just feels incomplete as a whole.
nah should stay solo otherwise people will pay just to get carried to bd
Who cares if they do? Why should we be locking abilities behind ridiculously hard grinds? Whats wrong with making grinds for abilities and such easier? Making it easier to get into high level content? Why the fuck must this community be so elitist about these kinds of things?
Leader of The Enemy ||
The opposite of Justice is simply another Justice. What is Evil is subjective to each person.
YOU
are their evil

05-Nov-2022 17:13:58

Daddy Roshi
Jan Member 2018

Daddy Roshi

Posts: 3,348 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
U act like shattered worlds are hard? They arent who cares if u have to grind stuff out? Y should the game be made easyscape for babies who don't wanna actually earn their stuff?

Who cares if people with ss and aoe attacks can grind it out faster? They earned the right to get it faster because they earned the abilities I do agree shattered worlds are tedious I don't think people should be spoon-fed abilities by buying runs from high tier players
200m defence 08-10-2021

comp cape 12-19-2021

05-Nov-2022 17:43:33

Jack Flac
Feb Member 2022

Jack Flac

Daddy Roshi said :
U act like shattered worlds are hard? They arent who cares if u have to grind stuff out? Y should the game be made easyscape for babies who don't wanna actually earn their stuff?

Who cares if people with ss and aoe attacks can grind it out faster? They earned the right to get it faster because they earned the abilities I do agree shattered worlds are tedious I don't think people should be spoon-fed abilities by buying runs from high tier players
It seems your problem is with boosting. Selling floors and whatnot for GP and other such stuff. That should just be banned tbh.

But that's beside the point. Why should people being scummy as fuck and barely skirting the rules make it so I can't do fun content with friends? Tower climb modes are always more fun in groups than as solo grinds. Everything in an MMO is more fun in groups than solo. The whole reason we are playing an MMO is because we can play with other players. Why don't Runescape players get this simple fact?
Leader of The Enemy ||
YOU
are their evil

05-Nov-2022 18:31:42

Quick find code: 74-75-92-66265961 Back to Top