Forums

Yak Track Completion

Quick find code: 74-75-916-66263452

X-NJ-Remix-X
Feb Member 2022

X-NJ-Remix-X

Posts: 27 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Recently for the past two yak tracks the time interval requests have been hefty. The task for earning experience in the specific skilling task is usually pretty close with the time interval for the skill/kill task.

Altogether the fifty tasks require 3,400 time intervals which is equal to 10,200 minutes; 170 hours; >7 days. To complete this yak track within the 54 days given, is to use 7 of those days straight screen time, and that is without any time lapses in between intervals.

Amounts similar to the Path of Curators: Part 2 tasks would be much less overwhelming for the community.

30-Sep-2022 06:18:32

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,647 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
yeah this is tough even though I spend hours doing things to get s/k done I get so tired of skill and kill and it sucks when the other task is bad so I have to mindlessly grind for hours. Would like a return to the less grindy tasks but I doubt it's happening now with jagex's greedy mindset.
They really want players to buy bonds to skip.

30-Sep-2022 09:06:47

X-NJ-Remix-X
Feb Member 2022

X-NJ-Remix-X

Exactly, I was withholding myself to be kind but it's true. They thought from switching the focus from keys to bonds would be better. Since instead of doing a short promotion and demanding people act fast, they require investment of time over a longer period of time. Which has worked actually causing me to put money into it for both skips and the premier pass since they have also been adding favored items such as the two transmogrification rings.

This is the twelfth yak track within three years and are almost two months long each. That means the for these past three years approximately 50-66% (year and half to two years) have been the yak track event. UGH my head is spinning I think I'm going to YAK! O_o

30-Sep-2022 12:39:07

Sylvanheart
Oct Member 2023

Sylvanheart

Posts: 222 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, it's definitely grindy. Though honestly I haven't been having that much trouble. Then again, I'm not really focused on it. I just grab the rewards when the message pops up and that's about it. I've made it to 34/50 so far, and I wasn't around for the first bit of the release.

But yeah, I guess they're indexing more heavily on bonds. Which makes some sense, when you think about it. Keys are more of a whaling thing. They don't appeal to the wider playerbase. Not to mention focusing on keys completely misses out on the Ironman market.

Having this many Yak Tracks is pretty standard for MMO marketing, really. It puts pressure on players to play constantly and to pay to make up for anything they miss. I do still think it's a bit toxic, but I've seen a lot worse.

The best thing you can do is just not worry about it. How many of these rewards are you actually going to care about a month from now? A year? Two? If there's a cosmetic reward I really want and which I will use a lot, then I kind of grind for it. But most of the time it's just not worth it. Besides, you can always buy stuff you didn't manage to get from the Oddments store later, so it's not that big a deal.

Personally I'd like to get those interesting capes, but if I do I do and if I don't I don't. I already have an outfit I stick to anyways.

30-Sep-2022 13:29:13

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Try not to do the skilling and killing tasks then. It is actually very fast to complete the skill specific task. Most of the time we can complete each of them in an hour or less with proteans, dummies or other activities like Dream of Iaia and Herby Werby, or even much faster with Archaeology as we can save up damaged artefacts in advance and repair 1 mil xp worth of them in just a couple of minutes.

30-Sep-2022 15:34:24

Pachuli714
Mar Member 2008

Pachuli714

Posts: 4,549 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
X-NJ-Remix-X said :
Recently for the past two yak tracks the time interval requests have been hefty. The task for earning experience in the specific skilling task is usually pretty close with the time interval for the skill/kill task.

Altogether the fifty tasks require 3,400 time intervals which is equal to 10,200 minutes; 170 hours; >7 days. To complete this yak track within the 54 days given, is to use 7 of those days straight screen time, and that is without any time lapses in between intervals.

Amounts similar to the Path of Curators: Part 2 tasks would be much less overwhelming for the community.

Actually no. I completed the 50 tasks in around the first 5 days of the event and I didn't no-life it either. Off and on, mostly at Accidental Fletching and Firemaking in Anachronia because I was after those sharp shards for money. I ended up getting 120 Farming out of it, along with daily runs at Manor Farm and Ranch out of Time. Eventually got 120 Herblore and Slayer from some of the lamps from daily THs and Yak Track.

People micromanage too much shit these days, calculating every damn action versus every damn second of time in the game. If they'd just pick something and work toward a small goal, they'd accomplish so much more rather than plotting and scheming for whatever they think is the optimal way of doing anything. You waste an enormous amount of energy and time that way. Just get on with it. ANYTHING. And especially where Yak Track is concerned, you end up completing tasks without even noticing it.

I haven't opened a single Yak Sack yet. You get 11 from the 50 tasks alone and I've accumulated another 36 since completing it from the 51st repeatable task. And there are still 23 damn days left to this thing.

30-Sep-2022 17:04:39

X-NJ-Remix-X
Feb Member 2022

X-NJ-Remix-X

Sorry but math does not lie, time intervals in runescape has always been three minutes. I have both classes and a full time job so micromanaging is the only thing to do. I have tried the skill tasks while keeping up with the level list and it really is not far off.

A whole 30 days have passed since the start of this yak track, I said it only takes 7 days straight screen time. I wouldn't even want to acknowledge the time you think you have spent since then.

30-Sep-2022 18:49:18

X-NJ-Remix-X
Feb Member 2022

X-NJ-Remix-X

I had actually just realized them those shoulder capes look awesome. Truthfully, I am still upset that on a valentine's event when the pictures of event items weren't the greatest, I chose something because of the name.

I bought bulwark of revenge rather than aegis of devotion, it was nearing my HS graduation and I had no time to earn the rose pedals I believe. Take a look and notice that the shield is literally broken in half while looking up the counter parts I notice the other item I was about to pick is golden and glowing .

I feel as if I have been swindled by a bunch of hoodlums crooks and hooligans in a evil plot. I still have yet to complain about that though. Hehe :P

01-Oct-2022 22:41:32

X-NJ-Remix-X
Feb Member 2022

X-NJ-Remix-X

Unfortunately, I level everything diversely at a slower pace and keep up with things like quests and area tasks. For an example I am level 60 in summoning with 290K exp, the task was asking me to earn 330K exp. Regardless of the skill that's kinda much to ask considering where I am at. As well as newer, less experienced players not knowing the best places to keep up with their skill and level range.

01-Oct-2022 22:47:53 - Last edited on 02-Oct-2022 01:40:04 by X-NJ-Remix-X

Quick find code: 74-75-916-66263452 Back to Top