Forums

Balance Gathering Skillcapes

Quick find code: 74-75-910-66279725

Blank 91
Dec Member 2018

Blank 91

Posts: 7,474 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
EDIT: With the Woodcutting update, this may have actually resolved itself another way as now the bird's nest perk on Woodcutting cape is desirable.

-------
ORIGINAL:

This is a pretty simple and straightforward suggestion.

Current Skillcape perks:
Woodcutting: Increased chance of bird's nests.
Fishing: 5% chance of double catch, NO xp.
Mining: 5% chance of double ores, bonus xp.

Suggested:
Woodcutting: 5% chance of double logs, bonus xp.
Fishing: 5% chance of double catch, bonus xp.
Mining: 5% chance of double ores, bonus xp.

07-May-2023 20:17:19 - Last edited on 22-Jun-2023 22:04:47 by Blank 91

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,169 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They basically do not want direct replications from one another, that's why those capes were designed in a more distinct fashion - albeit they obviously changed the mining cape to something similar to the fishing cape (yeah obviously better) with the m&s rework, since the previously increased chance to mine something didn't worked with that system anymore. They could change the fishing cape to provide an universally increased chance to fish something instead (which for itself would come with increased xp rates).

With bird nests having become worthless due to the arch glacor, that perk certainly deserves something though. Maybe that woodcutting grove will have some random events of its own, so the cape could be changed to universally increase the chance of triggering those?

But yeah there are many skill cape perks broken to be fair and would deserve some lookup - ideally without making them all into basically the same.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

08-May-2023 06:33:00

Mesek
Aug Member 2022

Mesek

Posts: 210 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I wouldn't mind if the perks were the same as long as they're good like the suggestion here. No need to make them unique if they aren't valuable. But if they were unique AND valuable then great but low effort fix to make them valuable seems like the easiest path forward :)

Support!

08-May-2023 07:09:13

Daddy Roshi
Jan Member 2018

Daddy Roshi

Posts: 3,348 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mesek said :
I wouldn't mind if the perks were the same as long as they're good like the suggestion here. No need to make them unique if they aren't valuable. But if they were unique AND valuable then great but low effort fix to make them valuable seems like the easiest path forward :)

Support!
agreed having a wc cape that gives an extra chance at logs would be great help at croesus doesn't really need the extra xp IOM but either way I'd be happy with a better perk for wc
200m defence 08-10-2021

comp cape 12-19-2021

08-May-2023 17:13:01

Bertel62
Aug Member 2023

Bertel62

Posts: 1,017 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't see why we need bonus xp when we are level 99. We only need xp before level 99.

I do support getting logs instead of birds nests though, because that is what the skill is used for.

10-May-2023 14:35:28 - Last edited on 10-May-2023 14:37:04 by Bertel62

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,169 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bertel62 said :
I don't see why we need bonus xp when we are level 99. We only need xp before level 99.

I do support getting logs instead of birds nests though, because that is what the skill is used for.

For 120 skills.

If it comes as an extra, it's not really an issue. If the perk's sole purpose is helping to gain experience, it is.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

21-May-2023 05:20:26

Blank 91
Dec Member 2018

Blank 91

Posts: 7,474 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rikornak said :
Bertel62 said :

For 120 skills.

If it comes as an extra, it's not really an issue. If the perk's sole purpose is helping to gain experience, it is.

That, and it really doesn't make sense to me that despite having basically the same primary perk, Mining gives the bonus xp, but Fishing doesn't.

21-May-2023 21:38:28

PiraBob

PiraBob

Posts: 37,493 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Support. I don't really care about the exp, it's kind of pointless when none of these skills go beyond 99 anyway (virtual levels are a lie), but it'd be nice to have something better than more bird nests when even with the rabbit necklace and the skillcape they're still very rare. Bob

27-May-2023 20:03:31

Quick find code: 74-75-910-66279725 Back to Top