Forums

Mute Zombie Walk Sound Please

Quick find code: 74-75-635-66234360

Evillioness
Apr Member 2017

Evillioness

Posts: 379 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would like to 2nd this.. This is easily the most annoying sound in the game, and I cant just turn off other peoples vocals. If I add a person to ignore, this should stop any sound from being heard. I've played this game for over 17 years and Its the most annoying sound ever.. Let us turn off other peoples skins/walk sounds (why thats even a thing is beyond me) I shouldnt have to mute other sounds in the game because of your skin. Make it so just the person using it can hear the sound. I enjoy the sounds of the game, albeit that one.

16-Dec-2021 22:09:36

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Evillioness said :
I would like to 2nd this.. This is easily the most annoying sound in the game, and I cant just turn off other peoples vocals. If I add a person to ignore, this should stop any sound from being heard. I've played this game for over 17 years and Its the most annoying sound ever.. Let us turn off other peoples skins/walk sounds (why thats even a thing is beyond me) I shouldnt have to mute other sounds in the game because of your skin. Make it so just the person using it can hear the sound. I enjoy the sounds of the game, albeit that one.

I fail to see how adding someone to ignore, which only effects the speaking, should be expanded to anything else?

Being able to pick and choose what sounds you want to hear would make the settings tab even more of an nightmare than it already is.

Yet no one here seems to care about that.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

16-Dec-2021 23:53:10

iBreeder
Feb Member 2022

iBreeder

Posts: 10 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I also request that zombie walk moan only be heard by the one with it equipped. I have a disability and hearing moaning in the background severely degrades gameplay. I shouldn't have to lose out on other sound effects and ambient noise just because of someone else's cosmetic choice. Frankly, this is an accessibility issue.

13-Jul-2022 11:39:08

Serendipidus
Jan Member 2023

Serendipidus

Posts: 51 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Necro'ing this thread (it's a skill now) because I'm experiencing it myself now.

Someone else's walk animation is affecting MY gameplay experience? That's a horrendous agency fault. I didn't choose that person's audio. I do not need to be assaulted with zombie ASMR because I want to hear other in game noises.

I timed with with a stopwatch. Every 12 seconds. I've got neural-based tinnitus. It means my left ear's got a shoddy nerve who thinks there's always a high pitch sound going. All mental. I don't think about it, I don't hear it. (years of wearing headphones most likely)

Every 12 seconds, I get this random low-pitch hum from SOME RANDOM GUY. Bloke keeps whispering in my ear 5 times every minute while I try to sit at the GE and get core bonuses. The disjointed noise activates my tinnitus, it's the best.

You can't develop a system which condones all globbing together in one place for maximum returns and then give people an annoy-o-tron button. Bull roarer was muted for this exact reason.

I know why it was done - it would have been a jolly fun thing to go moaning as a parade through a city and have everyone perk up to see what was going on.

Party's over though, and now I've just got one odd fellow in 1,000 giving me tinnitus. No thanks. Let me mute sounds I did not choose to engage with. Guild Wars 2 mute player instruments type situation (though I love those).

12-Sep-2023 20:01:42 - Last edited on 12-Sep-2023 20:03:05 by Serendipidus

Quick find code: 74-75-635-66234360 Back to Top