Forums

F2P Graphical Updates List

Quick find code: 74-75-544-66284237

Anroy

Anroy

Posts: 970 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
*Note: This is a partial repost of a reddit thread about this same topic several months ago, with permission from OP.

The free game is the version of the game most news players will come across when trying out Runescape. Some places like Tolna’s Rift are so horribly out of date it’s downright hideous. Of course, with the actual refresh much of it was lighting, which was a big improvement in itself, Jagex also mentioned they’d be significantly reworking some underground areas to bring them up to date with other graphics.

While I think that underground area updates are more necessary, I do think that updating other places in the game would be worthwhile, especially in F2P. Deliberately unincluded are places like Musa Point or Barbarian Village, where the lighting and other details do a good job in my opinion.

The following places in F2P Game world left to update are:

Underground:

-Asgarnian Ice Dungeon

-Draynor Sewers

-Dwarven Mine

-Edgeville Dungeon

-Karamja Volcano Dungeon

-Tolna's Rift

-Varrock Sewers

Above Ground:

-Crafting Guild

-Dark Wizards’ Tower

-Edgveille Monastery

-Makeover Mage hut

-Melzar’s Maze

Leave a comment letting me know your thoughts/suggestions.

27-Jul-2023 21:16:39 - Last edited on 27-Jul-2023 21:48:52 by Anroy

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,169 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The most recent game jam had had a mod digging a graphical rework for the varrock sewers and the edgeville dungeon from 2013, that just was never released for some reason. It certainly isn't fully state of the art, but it still looks fairly gorgeous - and much better than the early RSHD graphics we currently have in there.

https://runescape.wiki/w/Game_Jam_(June_2023)

Otherwise it seems they're done with free areas for now and they're moving on to their first p2p locations like ardougne or the necromancer's tower (albeit that one possibly due to its involvement in said skill).
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

27-Jul-2023 21:26:30 - Last edited on 27-Jul-2023 21:29:05 by Rikornak

Quick find code: 74-75-544-66284237 Back to Top