Melee special attacks

Quick find code: 74-75-513-66272667

Sheepman
Dec Member 2021

Sheepman

Posts: 92 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
(edited: 8/15/2023)

Suggestions for some melee special attacks:

Annihilation - Remove the cancellation if the weapon is changed; also keep the effect going if there is a missed attack; lower the Adrenaline cost to 35%.

EkZekkil - Instaskill most monsters under 50k - anything over becomes a bleed that instead of 30-105% does 60-105% damage. This becomes 120-210% with chaos roar. A lot more manageable special attack.

Abyssal Vine whip - Make this a melee bleed. Initial hit the same damage range same for the bleeds; but make it hit double the hits. Would work better with MSOA and Abyssal scourge, JAWS. Make the Adrenaline cost around 35%-50%.

Saradomin God sword - Increase the minimum damage by double (around 175% ability), have the prayer points restore 10% and Adrenaline cost 35%. 175%-275% damage..

Armadyl godsword - Have the AGS create a tornado, that does initial damage of 150-240% damage, similar to the god book and does 1/8th less the initial damage each hit inside the tornado which is 1 square on the opponent thats it hits. Not affected by berserk or choas roar. Adrenaline cost 75%

Bandos godsword - Add an effect that based on damage dealt and players boosted strength level would add a boost to the strength; Capping around 130-140. Using potion extension such a berserker prayer would prolong the affect. Increase the minimum damage by double and adrenaline cost 50%.

Vestas Spear - Increase the damage range to 100-200% and extend the effect to 10 seconds. Adrenaline cost 35%. Cool down of 30 seconds

Saradomin Sword - Make the damage based on Melee only; but make it a typeless damage that rolls only against defense level. Would not benefit from healing like soul split. 1 hit at 150-300 damage and 20 adrenaline cost. Could also do less at 75-150% at 10%.

Numbers are estimated but signify a seeable improvement for damage output and adrenaline usage.
<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<<><<
>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>><>>>

21-Jan-2023 00:11:33 - Last edited on 15-Aug-2023 19:38:28 by Sheepman

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,647 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Interesting suggestions. Most sound good except for the sara sword change. If it was the new spec like you described but you get healed by ss it'd be perfect. Ags spec in eof could be quite useful for dumping adrenaline. Zuk sword buff would be awesome for edimmu. Annihilation definitely needs this change and the new spec would be a good use of adrenaline. Vine whip change would be good in eof. Vestas would be good in eof as well especially for 1 defence pures.

21-Jan-2023 12:03:49

Sheepman
Dec Member 2021

Sheepman

Most ideas I think are basic; doubling the minimum damage, increasing some damage and lowering adrenaline. Altering attacks/effects are more complicated.

I only put what it does for Saradomin sword and Soul split because it would more be an non player sourced damage; I based the idea of aftershock/crackling and how its a typeless damage from lightning and so I could see the SS lightning being a typeless damage that could affect a variety of creatures. Those being with high affinity/mechanics against melee. So why I figured it wouldent heal as it would be more of a damage not from the player; but from the lightning.

Recently edited the AGS as I just felt that the dragon claws and Dragon long really work as a direct damage burst; so having another would just be pointless. And I would want to make it a channeled ability; but between the adrenaline; using g barge and the difficulty of channeled ability themselves. So I came up with something similar to ZGS but more like a camel warrior tornado.

BGS spec is kind of just something to not only keep an opponents defense down but also buff you to do more damage. So for each strike it rewards you with increased damage and lowering your oppoents defense. I have a statius warhammer (EOF) I use when I PVM against somethings that are pesky; and something that would help my accuracy/damage when I hit the spec aside from its Affinity and lowering defense would be awesome. Just havent come up with a proper Idea for statius warhammer.

SGS spec should be good; currently almost perfect except for its adrenaline cost and damage, the prayer point increase would make it worthwhile to compensate for t99 prayer + t92 soul split cost at the least.

Iv used Vesta spear EOF and where I made the base off; More damage and time on the effect would help alot.

also used Vine whip in EOF. Loved it but its not considered a bleed; so it does not work with Ekzekkil, Jaws, or Scourge bleed. That, less adrenaline and more damage Very good.

23-Jan-2023 20:47:16 - Last edited on 27-Apr-2023 04:12:12 by Sheepman

Sheepman
Dec Member 2021

Sheepman

Ezekkil - Needs a bit of a rework; just something more utilizable. Simple adjust special to instakill most monsters under 50k hp, and if they are above 50k apply the bleed which would be a damage range of 60%-105% vs current 30%-105%

Annihilation I feel like could be used without an EOF as EOFs better for specials that do damage. It would also help its demand and overall usefulness. Why the changes mentioned are useful and would reinvigorate the weapons spec.

23-Jan-2023 21:00:34 - Last edited on 15-Aug-2023 11:08:24 by Sheepman

Sheepman
Dec Member 2021

Sheepman

Some other suggestions:

Statius Warhammer: Have the effect be similar; but a defense rating sap like the BGS has. That way each hit lowers the defense based on rating; and not just a stat drain that boss stat refresh can ignore. Keep the Affinity buff 5. Also add an 5% hit chance buff effect to the user for 60 seconds. Same cost and damage. Different name; something more like Defining Judgment .

Zaros Godsword: Extend duration to 30 seconds, increase damage area to 9x9

Lava Whip: Simply reduce the adrenaline cost; to more like 25% so it works better for PvP scenarios. Longer distance would help; within 11x11 would be a good range.

Granite Maul: Lower the adrenaline cost to around 15%; maybe 10%. current damage range is decent. Would help with damage burst helping get in extra damage.

Ancient mace: Simply lower the adrenaline cost to 25%; and gain 20% prayer points off the hit.

26-Apr-2023 19:15:01 - Last edited on 15-Aug-2023 11:45:46 by Sheepman

Quick find code: 74-75-513-66272667 Back to Top