Forums

Some Necromancy Feedback!

Quick find code: 74-75-471-66284971

Abby Taylor
Nov Member 2019

Abby Taylor

Posts: 2,206 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So I've gotten my necromancy to level 68 now, I know I'm a pro.
and I think I got enough of a handle to drop some constructive and solid feedback for jagex.

There are a couple nitpicks and a couple solid improvements that I think should be looked at.

1. Blood Siphon getting cancelled when clicking an enemy, this is kind of annoying and wastes the ability. I think making it so clicking enemies doesn't cancel Blood Siphon (but moving still does). or simply reduce the cooldown to like 2 seconds if you cancel it.

2. Pets, Emotes and summons at the ritual area. I'm not the first one to notice players intentionally summoning ghosts and using emotes to trick other players into thinking they see a wandering spirit. It is disruptive and annoying.
Maybe some limitations of conjuring and summoning pets in that specific location.

3. Wandering spirit is bugged and your character will run up to it and not collect it.

Lastly I wanted to say that I think there should be alternative ways to gain souls for the well.. Necromancy is a combat skill, and I think it's kind of lame locking many core abilities behind the talent trees.
I think the talent tree itself is fine, but doing hundreds of communion rituals sucks real bad. There should be combat alternatives to earning souls in my opinion.
200m Woodcutting: 08/08/2021

Completionist: 09/10/2021

10-Aug-2023 00:33:55

erfahren
Dec Member 2014

erfahren

Posts: 20 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think there should be a way to have Conjured ally wield an off-hand (weapon), but my reasoning is that the Harpie Bug Swarm requires a Lit bug lantern that's carried off-hand from what I understand. To impede communication is to reduce men to the status of "things"—and this is a job for oppressors, not for revolutionaries. ~ Paulo Freire

' There is much pleasure to be gained in useless knowledge .' ~ Bertrand Russell

10-Aug-2023 03:52:45

Lalindala
Jun Member 2013

Lalindala

Posts: 150 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A bit more feedback:
It would be so much better if other players dont show in the ritual area. It is so cluttered that it is often impossible to see the random events over there. Thats realy sad becorse they give such good xp and items when you can reach them in time.

10-Aug-2023 19:23:06

DrauDaedolon
Aug Member 2006

DrauDaedolon

Posts: 10,120 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I agree that pets/familiars/summons need to be banished from the ritual site. Then we just need to banish all the other players as well.

I'd also support a different method of gaining souls. Between the necroplasm and adding souls, Necromancy is too ritual-heavy as it stands.

10-Aug-2023 21:16:30 - Last edited on 10-Aug-2023 21:17:14 by DrauDaedolon

Jeperoni
Jun Member 2023

Jeperoni

Posts: 50 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sounds are important in necromancy rituals for identifying a special event (i.e. ghosts and sparkles) but there is so much noise pollution with "ambient" sound on, especially with all the people casting incantations for extra XP. I would like to have the sparkle event sound as a sound effect rather than ambient noise. As someone with ADHD, it's terribly overstimulating and makes working on the skill very stressful. I've tried muting, but the visual cues are so understated or camouflaged, I altogether miss most events. A chat cue at the time the events spawn, and not just after they're missed, would also be an alternative solution to fixing the sound issue.

12-Aug-2023 00:14:25

Gma Pam
Mar Member 2007

Gma Pam

Posts: 323 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I agree. no sparkles from capes, no fires (not sure if this is allowed but some people like to be annoying when they are allowed. No followers, there is enough activity and no conjuring. I would like to be able to change from the bluish color that it is to a lighter crisper picture. No the board we are playing on, just the surrounding area, but I can deal with the background color if all those other things were addressed. I have miss so many of my random events, not for lack of trying either. Wandering monsters, when you do see them, sometimes you click on them and stop partially away from them, even stopped next to them and still missed them.

12-Aug-2023 01:50:35 - Last edited on 12-Aug-2023 01:55:17 by Gma Pam

Quick find code: 74-75-471-66284971 Back to Top