Forums

Some Necromancy Feedback!

Quick find code: 74-75-471-66284971

MaraDerkholm

MaraDerkholm

Posts: 92 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As someone with visual and auditory processing issues, the ritual site is painful and not fun. Since other players (and it is cool to see the different outfits, sparkles, and styles) are constantly moving around it is really hard to see the events and since my computer is decent but not amazing - it is harder to click on them. It is really frustrating to see the correct click show up on my screen but it somehow doesn't translate to wandering souls being caught or shambling horrors being stopped.
To be honest, I am both a bit awed by what Jagex has done with necromancy and a bit disappointed. I understand not wanting players to speed through the skill (although it does seem pretty pay for play since players with billions of GP pretty much can pay for all mats and it is very grindy for normal players) but it seems like the bottleneck is more how much time you are willing to do repetitive tasks in the same place vs. exploration - Archaeology was cool because you were learning more lore, uncovering mysteries, going to different places (and the visual processing was so much easier which probably does impact my opinion).
I love how you have rolled out Fort Forinthrys and I am hoping that Necromancy will have additional depth but right now I am facing hours of ritual site for souls and I think I am pretty much throwing in the towel because of how difficult it is. I am just not finding it fun. It might not be so bad for someone without visual (and auditory so I can't play with sound on) processing issues but I will say that complaints about Shambling Horrors are so frequent - and the XP is so dependent on the events that I am mostly not able to participate in. (BTW good decision not to have a punitive factor on these events)

12-Aug-2023 06:54:44

MaraDerkholm

MaraDerkholm

Posts: 92 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As someone with visual and auditory processing issues, the ritual site is painful and not fun. Since other players (and it is cool to see the different outfits, sparkles, and styles) are constantly moving around it is really hard to see the events and since my computer is decent but not amazing - it is harder to click on them. It is really frustrating to see the correct click show up on my screen but it somehow doesn't translate to wandering souls being caught or shambling horrors being stopped.
To be honest, I am both a bit awed by what Jagex has done with necromancy and a bit disappointed. I understand not wanting players to speed through the skill (although it does seem pretty pay for play since players with billions of GP pretty much can pay for all mats and it is very grindy for normal players) but it seems like the bottleneck is more how much time you are willing to do repetitive tasks in the same place vs. exploration - Archaeology was cool because you were learning more lore, uncovering mysteries, going to different places (and the visual processing was so much easier which probably does impact my opinion).
I love how you have rolled out Fort Forinthrys and I am hoping that Necromancy will have additional depth but right now I am facing hours of ritual site for souls and I think I am pretty much throwing in the towel because of how difficult it is. I am just not finding it fun. It might not be so bad for someone without visual (and auditory so I can't play with sound on) processing issues but I will say that complaints about Shambling Horrors are so frequent - and the XP is so dependent on the events that I am mostly not able to participate in. (BTW good decision not to have a punitive factor on these events)

12-Aug-2023 06:54:46

emotions
Jun Member 2019

emotions

Posts: 14,413 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
XP rates are slow(rituals) at low levels..but supposedly it speeds up past 90......will see

I would like to know what's the best monsters to kill besides trial and error xp rates per hour for necro.

According to the wiki '' The abyss- Combat XP ranges from 75k/hr on AOE Revo++ to 150k/hr full Manual. ''.. Okay there seems to be a few other locations.

I would like a warning(text in red) when I am about to run out of the input on the pedestal.
“We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one”

12-Aug-2023 14:08:27 - Last edited on 12-Aug-2023 14:11:05 by emotions

Ketsujo
Nov Member 2022

Ketsujo

Posts: 1,980 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The city of Um is too complex in terms of moving around.
This should be addressed as well, given that some of the stuff we need to get access to, is literally locked behind a 1 minute+ run across the city. Its not open enough and can causes a bit of confusion.

The ambience of the city itself causes a HUGE fps drop. Everywhere else I go in this game, no fps issues...excluding Draynor, Heart, and Arch...the Bloom settings also being turned off really don't help. Consider this perhaps? I go from a standard 42 - 60 fps no issue...soon as I go to Um, i drop to 28 or lower with players present. This is a smidge irritating.

Ritual Site
Pets, Familiars, Emotes, and a few other...things...are SERIOUSLY annoying. Having all players shift into their "ghost form" while at the ritual site will help prevent Particle Confusion for those players that have stated their visual issues.
Butterflies, Ghosts, Sparkling tiles, and Skeletons need a larger click box and Colored chat notification that Bypasses our filter...as these are important aspects towards the skill and ending their distraction and disturbances to our grind...properly.

Ghostly NPC's critical to the Skill and "gameplay"

They need to be largely more identifiable in terms of being able to locate them.
It's really hard to actually click on the NPC with 10s or 100's of players moving around and their pet(s) or familiars are lurking around...because the amount of times I have MISCLICKED on something just to watch my character run around in a Diamond...lmfao

Rune Crafting alters...these should have a more significant appeal.
Sure we know they're in the four corners, but that's beyond the point I am trying to make. All the other RC alters in the game are easily identified, so why not allow these to be more easily noticed?

Fishing Spot
Only one? Honestly...there could be more.

I could go on and on, but you all get where I'm coming from...right?
Runescape Player since 2007

Ultimate Construction Update! - QFC: 74-75-76-65876528
- Go Read It and Comment Away!
Player Owned Kingdoms Update! - QFC: 74-75-440-66076908
- Opinions Needed!

12-Aug-2023 15:54:15

emotions
Jun Member 2019

emotions

Nice to see Quick Guide: Necromancy Level Milestones on the main page , will be very helpful :)

Would be nice to know what is the best action bar setup for necromancy, in which order.

The inks are very over priced now but I expect it'll drop in due time after the race is over.

Nothing from my wardrobe is compatible/with the 2 main /offhand sadly..I guess that's to be expected.

12-Aug-2023 16:43:46 - Last edited on 12-Aug-2023 17:41:25 by emotions

emotions
Jun Member 2019

emotions

About the new necromancy quest,spirit of war. Maybe could you make the obols easier to find.
For example, hot or cold if you are near. Also it could be a
yellow dot
simiilar to Deano and Sammy. I had trouble finding the last one and they just aren't clear. I was circling the island many times till I found the last one. In the ''corner'' isn't enough I think.

13-Aug-2023 10:28:52 - Last edited on 13-Aug-2023 10:31:11 by emotions

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Good to see we have the "Sailing" mechanics in RS3 with the Spirt of War quest already. Personally, the navigation is not very cool, but the good thing is we can use mobile abilities in RS3.

I think all the souls to be resurrected are near the 4 corners of the "sea". So I just went to one corner of the map and surge around the perimeter without too much tedious paddling.

13-Aug-2023 21:01:40

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
More on the boat ride... While it is nice to see Jagex has shown us we have Sailing in RS3 already, clearly with the Spirit of War quest and then boat ride tour offered in the game, I'll rather see Swimming in lieu of Sailing.

We actually had the Sailing mechanics in RS3 long since The Deathly Catch quest and then the hunts for Thalassus following it. However, I really don't feel like much immersion and exploration being sea sickening on a boat. Personally, I will rather be able to swim like and dive into the ocean, much like how we fly across Stormguard.

14-Aug-2023 18:10:05

Mel 624
Dec Member 2021

Mel 624

Posts: 744 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Now that ashes are actually useful due to necromancy, we really need some fire spamming mitigation. The permanent bonfires set up in various locations having the ability to collect ashes from spent logs in a manner similar to the compost bin could help reduce the need to spam and wait on fires all over the place, which would reduce clutter. It'd also help with the recurring need to block fire spamming as a griefing/visual clutter issue in places. How to block a forum user

Death And Taxes: An Analysis

19-Aug-2023 16:15:45

Quick find code: 74-75-471-66284971 Back to Top