Forums

Pest Queen: Unbalanced?

Quick find code: 74-75-437-66264903

Sylvanheart
Oct Member 2023

Sylvanheart

Posts: 222 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nevermind. I figured it out but I think Korasi's Sword or the Pest Queen might be slightly bugged.

I didn't realize I could only hurt her with Korasi's Sword because the wiki guides listed other gear, so I just assumed I only needed the sword for the special. But whenever I switched to the sword and instantly used the special, it would always miss. It's probably bugged so that it doesn't undo the damage immunity quick enough. I guess her damage immunity was still registering me as using Vanquish when I used the special attack as a swap-in.

Just tried to fight the Pest Queen. I don't recall her being all that difficult back when I did her on my old non-Iron character. My levels are a bit lower this time around (117 combat, rather than more or less maxed like last time), but it's basically impossible for me to hit her (using T70 Vanquish). My main weapon aside, though, I have an almost 0% hit rate with Korasi Sword's special attack . Hitting the queen with the special is mandatory in the fight. If she lands it, she wipes all of the Void Knights and the fight basically resets.

I've tried a few times now and almost every time, she gets to land her special attack and the fight resets. It's making the fight seem impossible at the moment. Even with maxed stats, if Korasi's Sword doesn't have high enough accuracy to reliably hit the boss with the special, it would effectively make the fight impossible even for maxed players, no?

Has anyone done this recently? Is there a way around this or is it just broken?

I was really hoping to get the sword for Invention training...

22-Oct-2022 11:00:45 - Last edited on 22-Oct-2022 13:37:54 by Sylvanheart

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,169 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That's probably more an issue of how the special attack works. It uses your strength value in order to calculate the damage it deals, but it uses your magic level for accuracy - of which you naturally won't have much in melee equipment. It's basically just an awful amount of luck needed.

https://runescape.wiki/w/Pest_Queen/Strategies

Looking at the ranged setup it doesn't look like you would need korasi at all, as much as I understand you just can bring her down as soon as the archers killed the first wave of drones.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

23-Oct-2022 06:00:31

Quick find code: 74-75-437-66264903 Back to Top