A Legendary Legend's Guild?

Quick find code: 74-75-251-66263296

Sylvanheart
Oct Member 2023

Sylvanheart

Posts: 222 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hiya.

Kind of a silly suggestion but...

I just finished Legends Quest (for the first time in like 16 years). The quest has not aged well, of course, but I was really pleasantly surprised by the epic and possibly brand new (or at least nicely remastered) track that unlocks upon entering the guild following the quest. It's called Arise Legend ... and it actually honest to gods sounds fitting as a track to play upon "completing" the game (or at least all its quests) and entering a guild that represents that.

So, given how utterly outdated the Legends' Guild actually is, I don't suppose you could like... update it to make it feel genuinely legendary? Something deserving of this epic music. And somewhere high level quest cape owners might actually find useful as a hub.

Just a thought. I'm sure there are a lot of other priorities right now, but yeah. Thought I'd throw it out there. And just wanted to compliment whoever wrote the music :)

28-Sep-2022 11:03:42 - Last edited on 29-Sep-2022 13:10:42 by Sylvanheart

Jack Flac
Feb Member 2022

Jack Flac

Posts: 6,207 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Post here to get the title changed Forum help

And honestly yeah, The Legends guild does feel kindof lacking when you think about it. Would love to someday see more QP requirement quests again, but Jagex seems hell bent on constantly resetting requirements every 6 months to a year anymore. No more multiple seemingly random questlines being brought together at a great climax with insanely high quest requirements anymore like back on While Guthix Sleeps, ROTM and SLiskes Endgame were released.
Leader of The Enemy ||
The opposite of Justice is simply another Justice. What is Evil is subjective to each person.
YOU
are their evil

28-Sep-2022 11:19:05

Sylvanheart
Oct Member 2023

Sylvanheart

Jack Flac said :
Post here to get the title changed Forum help

And honestly yeah, The Legends guild does feel kindof lacking when you think about it. Would love to someday see more QP requirement quests again, but Jagex seems hell bent on constantly resetting requirements every 6 months to a year anymore. No more multiple seemingly random questlines being brought together at a great climax with insanely high quest requirements anymore like back on While Guthix Sleeps, ROTM and SLiskes Endgame were released.

I much prefer the old approach. RuneScape used to be (and still is, for the Fifth Age stuff, of course) a story web , not a story line . There were various storylines within that web, of course. Like the Gnome series, Vampyre series, etc. But various individual quests and each of those series all added something smaller to the overarching world story and because it was spread out it didn't feel like a treadmill. Now, though, they just keep releasing these super linear and overly "epic" storylines about the fate of the world and stuff. That has created a real problem for new players especially. These big and important linear quests keep popping up in the news and since it feels linear now, it's like they have to "catch" up. It's starting to cause RuneScape to have the same problem as every other annoyingly linear MMO: You buy the game and then have to grind through 500+ hours of old story to get to where everyone else is.

I'm certainly feeling that way, at least. I refuse to move into the Sixth Age until I actually finish the Fifth Age. But I have 957 hours of play time now and I'm still not even close. Moving a bit faster now that I'm focusing heavily on quests but even so...

28-Sep-2022 11:52:15

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,169 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The quest guilds all are a bit lacklustre. I guess champion still would be the the most useful, since you easily can grab a lot of t50 items, which might helpful for ironmen, but following fixing smithing, that also had become more niche. Totally open for cool ideas, that might help any of them, I wouldn't just restrict this to Legends. Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

28-Sep-2022 12:30:56

Sylvanheart
Oct Member 2023

Sylvanheart

Yeah, they all need work :P .

But at least Champions has Champion's Challenge and decent shops for that level. And Heroes' has the fountain for recharging.

Maybe if they ever release some sort of quest re-run thing they could make the guilds a hub for it? Like some sort of Memoria thing where we enter a dream state and have to re-run quests. It'd be pretty interesting to have a sort of dream-state and/or nightmare-like quest minigame or D&D. Stuff that tests your memory for quest stuff and warps the actual continuity of it all like the way real dreams work. Like having twists that change things about how the quest works or having us suddenly jumping from one quest to another. Like having King Arthur randomly show up in the Vampyre quest line and we have to go find Excalibur in order to defeat the Vampyres. Nonsensical but also continuous. Nothing actually needs to be changed about how those quests work. They just get... spliced together in a weird way. That's just like a dream.

Of course there can be speedrunning rewards and stuff too. Made better if we have to adapt to sort of randomly-generated quest amalgamations.

28-Sep-2022 13:14:40

Quick find code: 74-75-251-66263296 Back to Top