Forums

Thoughts

Quick find code: 49-50-875-65604950

Bacon Christ

Bacon Christ

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Weeping Tree
The tears fall upon the seed of life, the seed takes in the tears without a word. The tears continue to fall, day in and day out, still the seed continues to stay, it continues to listen to the sorrow, and it continues to accept the tears no matter the amount. Slowly but surely, the seed begins to learn, it learns from sadness, it learns from the sorrow it has known so well. The seed learns as the tears fall upon its smooth surface. Knowing nothing but sadness. The seed listens intently, waiting for the perfect opportunity to grow into a magnificent tree, but it waits for happiness to sprout. It waits for that heartwarming smile. It waits for the quiet yet content sound of laughter. As it waits it begins to feel sad. The seed is unaware, that the happiness it’s been waiting for, may never happen. It may never happen because the sadness is all the person knows. The seed then becomes sad. More sad than the person themselves. Slowly, the person realized that the seed no longer took in the tears, the seed quickly became rough around the edges, quickly became darker and harder. Desperately wanting the seed to feel better, the person begins to sing a sad song; ‘Will you love me? Will you love me? Love me tomorrow...’ The seed, listening as always, begins to see the beauty in the voice itself, begins to feel warm again, begins to brighten up. The seed slowly became smoother the more it listened to that sad, yet beautiful voice. After some time, the seed began to grow, desperately wanting to get out of that prison of a shell, and so the sprouting began. The more it grew, the more it could sense the happiness growing in the person themselves. The tree grew even faster with this knowledge, and the person smiled even more. Finally the tree reaches its peak in height, however it wanted to match the person’s beauty, and so it began to grow the most beautiful flowers the person has ever seen....
"Whenever I hear 'It can't be done.' I know I'm close to success." -Michael Flatley

10-Apr-2015 04:18:35

Bacon Christ

Bacon Christ

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
...Naturally, the person began to cry with happiness, watching in awe as the tree became even more beautiful than anything the person had ever seen. When the singing stopped, so did the growing of the tree. The tree waited, the person was now staring at the tree with the face of sadness, yet the eyes of happiness. Then the person says ‘Finally, I’ve waited 60 years for you to grow, now you will remind everyone of who I was, you will be my memory, you will be my legacy, and you will always be my weeping tree.’ After those words, the person took one final look at the tree while walking up to it, then the person sat on the ground beside the tree and laid down, humming another song that the tree yearned to hear with words. However that could never happen, because even now, while the tree yearned for the words, it felt the person’s life fading away into nothingness…
END
"Whenever I hear 'It can't be done.' I know I'm close to success." -Michael Flatley

10-Apr-2015 04:19:28

Azigarath

Azigarath

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Very nice. The seed growing into a tree reflecting sadness and happiness was quite the allegory (?). Though, what kind of tree is it? I could not help but imagine a willow tree, as they tend to be associated to weeping. Thank-you for making this, and I suppose a thank-you to the mod Tuffty for moving your thread here which allowed me to see it.

11-Apr-2015 23:07:32

Arkkataka

Arkkataka

Posts: 4,327 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Very nice story, I like how this story is like the beginnings of a tree in a village where everyone comes to express their woes to the tree and look for guidance, also like a legend. Might you write more about this tree and the stories of what happens around it?

12-Apr-2015 02:44:24

Quick find code: 49-50-875-65604950 Back to Top