Forums

RuneSpace

Quick find code: 49-50-663-31620033

[#Y8KGXVLOW]

[#Y8KGXVLOW]

Posts: 779 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There's already going to be a sequel? aw, it was so write-about-able.
how about a side story about a group of The Warriors Of legend?

"The warriors of legend brought about a new goledn age to the server.
It was not just a game, but a civilization. New technology and science were brought to practice, and the economy flourished.

Peace treatys formed between planets and moons, and the Warriors of Legend integrated with the Faladian security core on a level deeper than even the Temple knights.

The Base moon of the Warriors of legend became more of a small city, containing this new technology, weaponry, the the people responsible for the innerworkings of this small galaxy.

But the W.O.L and their counterparts began to grow arrogant, peace was not to last.

The warriors of legend, behind the backs of the politicains and leaders of the planetary systems, began growing in power. the W.O.L leaders remained true-sighted and began creating squads of their best military personel to combat these power-hungry tyrants and their tratorous servants.

Someone pulled this behind the scenes, were the "dragons of RuneSpace" just the first step? Who could have done this, and why?

we are a squad of thirteen mishapen teenagers, that have come into the world of RuneSpace at this breaking point, they are the only ones that can bring about an end to this. Its aramagendon all over.

Meanwhile in real life, a terror organization is trying to overcome all else. they have targeted the minds of millions, no, trillions of citizens minds in these computers.

And they started with one server: US"

...______________________________________________...

How'd it go? it's only a side story, or what couyld have happened. I'm too sad to come up with an entire universe on my own anyways.

The squad (led my a guy named Kent) will have to use their skills in -Real Life- to stop this threat. Why not the military you ask? what happened to the RuneSpace military?
yay or nay?

25-Feb-2007 00:43:03

[#PPAFSZV0N]

[#PPAFSZV0N]

Posts: 6,744 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ok theres 1 problem with this story.

Just because it's in the future doesn't mean the in-game features have to be! In fact, it would be less amusing to Josh and Tyler, scince RuneSpace takes place in the future, while the time is the future.

25-Feb-2007 03:06:01

[#Z4I81DBPJ]

[#Z4I81DBPJ]

Posts: 2,173 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wishfish, I've heard this criticism before and here's my response-

First, I made the game futuristic because I just wanted to write a science-fiction story. I made the reality futuristic so that virtual reality exists. Otherwise I would have to keep saying stuff like "Josh clicked on the planet and his ship flew there." So really I set both story-worlds in the future for a good reason.

Also, I don't think Josh and Tyler would find a game from their own time period boring. We play sports games, racing games, FPS'* like Counterstrike and Battlefield. All those games are set in the current time period, but they are still interesting because the average person never gets to play professional football, race in Nascar, or drive around in a tank blowing up terrorists. Similarly, I doubt that in 2035 the average person will be able to walk out to the general store, buy a spaceship, and fly off to the other side of the solar system to fight dragons.

27-Feb-2007 02:36:36

Quick find code: 49-50-663-31620033 Back to Top