Forums

Traveller's Tale

Quick find code: 49-50-578-65908829

Wild Bill63

Wild Bill63

Posts: 2,947 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As the bitter wind blew across the northern plains I heard a barely audible voice call out from the wind and the snow "David!" I stopped and looked around,
completely forgetting I could hardly see. "I'm here!" I responded unsure of if I was heard, suddenly out of the blizzard I saw a faint glow of a lamp
as someone approached, who this was I had no idea as I couldn't yet see him, so I walked toward this light, when I got closer this voice was that of man was in a
thick fur coat and he was bearing a sword. "Follow me" the stranger said to me. "Who are you?" "My name is Aaron, I come from the east." I didn't really have
an idea as to where I was, I'm not from here. So I followed him, "What are you doing out here?" Aaron asked. "Hunting." "In this weather? You're likely to not see
anything, how long have you been out here?" "Since sunrise" I replied. "Well it's late in the day now, look the town of Norsk isn't too far away and there are a lot of
bears in these parts. I'm surprised you haven't already been eaten! Ha!" I didn't respond to that as I didn't have much to say, it had been a tiring, cold, and
miserable day.

We made our way to town and getting there it wasn't much of a sight, just a wooden wall with a few sentries. From the tower I heard a voice calling
"Stop and identify yourself." "I am Aaron and this is David we come from the plains hunting, David here needs a place to stay for the night and my home is too far."
"Come in" guard said. We entered in and it was a quite, town by the sea shore, I could make out a few fishing boats in the dock and hear people talking, at the top of
the hill just across from what looked to be the long hall I could see smoke rising out of a chimney and lights glowing in the frosted window.

06-May-2017 23:53:48 - Last edited on 06-May-2017 23:55:04 by Wild Bill63

Wild Bill63

Wild Bill63

Posts: 2,947 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We trudged through the
snowy streets to a rather warm looking inn. "Welcome, welcome!" Was the greeting. "Can I get you anything, or do you need a room?" "Food and a room please."
"Alright, what will it be? We have chicken, steak, sou--" "I will have soup." "Okay so uhhhh.... What's your name again?" "I didn't say it but my name is David."
"Right, right, where do you come from?" I was a bit reluctant but responded anyway "I'm from Cashire." "Never heard of it." "It's nothing special."
"Ah.... Well sir, your soup." I quickly ate it by the fire, the bard was playing a song, rather slow and gentle, I couldn't understand what the bard was saying as
it was a foriegn language. The more she sang the more tired I felt. I placed the bowl back on the counter and paid threw some coins out for the inn keeper before
going to my room, as I open the door and take a breath before putting my stuff away I could still hear the song as though it were following me, I was just ready to
be done with this day. It was cold outside and I had come a long way, carrying with me what I had, I finally found a place to rest for the night, blowing out the
candle on the night stand, lying down I closed my eyes to sleep.

06-May-2017 23:55:56

Quick find code: 49-50-578-65908829 Back to Top