Forums

In Search of a New Order

Quick find code: 49-50-501-65322192

Bigfish502

Bigfish502

Posts: 825 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello everyone! This is going to be a revised version of "Search for the New Order" since it was not quite finished and it had some flaws this time I will be applying some of Azigarath's pointers to make the story better. Remember, please save all comments and pointers until I post that you can do so. Thank you! :)
There's ALWAYS a bigger fish.

12-Mar-2014 21:14:59

Bigfish502

Bigfish502

Three quiet knocks echoed through the trunk of an old oak tree, only to be met by dead silence. This is crazy . The Adventurer had grown restless and impatient in his attempts to follow the mysterious druid’s instructions. "Knock three times on the great oak. Humph! Which oak did you say to knock at, oh, I'm sorry, you didn't bother to tell me which oak in the whole forest to knock at!" The Adventurer threw his hands up in the air in frustration before bringing them down on the trunk with a hollow thud. The Adventurer blushed as two passing farmers gave him an odd look. "I'm not crazy! I'm just, um, testing the hollowness of this tree." the Adventurer snapped defensively. The two farmers gave a snicker and walked on by. The Adventurer walked away, his head drooping with humilation. "Perhaps they're right, perhaps I have lost it." the Adventurer mused. "Or perhaps you still have something to learn about being perceptive. You should know which oak the druid spoke of." a familiar voice whispered. The adventurer turned around, only to see nothing.

12-Mar-2014 21:27:21

Bigfish502

Bigfish502

I must be crazy, hearing that druid in my head. Should I give up on this quest before it costs me my sanity? But if I give up, that means that I have failed, I CAN'T FAIL! The Adventurer stopped, and took a moment to collect his thoughts. What did the druid mean when he said a "greak oak"? Does he mean its a good oak? No, it doesn't quite sound right if it was "good" oak, old folks don't usually tend to refer to trees as being "great" in terms of popularity. Perhaps, he meant an "old" oak. Yes, that sounds right. But most oaks don't live to be very old because people cut them down. What oak in Gielnor has lived to be of old age?

A flash-back played through the Adventurer's mind. "Stop Adventurer! Keep your axe at bay!" a woman cried. The Adventurer gave the woman a confused look and put his axe back in his pack, "Why vouch for this oak tree? There's a hundred other oaks to take its place if I where to cut it down." The woman came up to the oak and gently stroked its trunk, "Yes, but this oak is special to me and to everyone here in Taverley, we could not bear to see such a tree meet its end at the face of an axe." "What makes this oak tree more special than the rest?" the Adventurer asked. "I don't know," the woman replied "it just is." Yes, that has to be the oak of which the Druid spoke of. "Its time to go to Taverly." the Adventurer declared and made preparations for the teleportation incantations.

12-Mar-2014 21:34:27

Bigfish502

Bigfish502

The Adventurer landed firmly on the Taverley Lodestone and took a moment to take in his surroundings. The peaceful surroundings of the humble town where a relief to his eyes. It was nice to see someplace where people could still live in peace away from the carnage and chaos that was still unfolding in Lumbridge. "I remember when Lumbridge was this peaceful." the Adventurer mused. "Don't panick! We have everything under control!" A nearby soldier of Taverly was shouting to keep the calm, but the Adventurer could tell that not even the soldier beilieved his own words. "Will you quit shouting like that, its not doing anything to help the calm around here!" a man shouted back at the soldier. But the soldier continued to shout, as if the shock of the events happening in Lumbridge had caused his mind to grind to a halt so that he could not think of anything else to say.

The Adventurer continued his way to the lake and the old oak that stood at its shore. "Hello Adventurer!" a little girl shouted with glee. "Hey Sophie!" the Adventurer greeted the little girl warmly. "Let's go swim in Lake!" The little girl giggled, splashing around in the murky shallows. "Oh no you don't, this brave Adventurer already had to save you once the last time you went swimming in the lake." the girl's mother, Olga, gently grasped Sophie's wrist and led her back to dry land. The little girl let out a disappointed sigh and followed her mother back to shore. Olga, satified that her daughter wasn't going to get into any more trouble, turned to the Adventurer. "So, what brings you here to Taverley?" "I've come to find a druid." the Adventurer replied.

12-Mar-2014 21:38:26

Bigfish502

Bigfish502

"A druid? Well, you've certainly come to the right place. Any druid in particular?" Olga asked, curiousity edging her voice. "I'm looking for a druid who saved a mother and child from a demon down in Lumbridge." the Adventurer replied, wondering if the druid's reputation had proceeded him. "Haven't heard of any druids down in Lumbridge except for the ones who volunteered to help provide magical protection to the castle, risky business if you ask me." the woman protectively cupped Sophie into her arms. "What do you mean 'risky'?" the Adventurer asked. Olga leaned foreward and spoke softly, "Well, if you haven't noticed, the people here in Taverley have their own problems to worry about, what with the trolls and all. We're survivors Adventurer, not because we decided to stick around in Burthorpe for the trolls to kill us in our homes. But maraurding trolls are nothing compared to the brawl Saradomin and Zamorak are having Lumbridge. We shouldn't be encouraging the people of Lumbridge to stay where they are as long those two are at it on their front doorstep. Our druids are best kept here where their magic can be used to fend off those trolls, instead of risking their necks in Lumbridge because the people there are too stubborn to evacuate." The Adventurer looked at Olga in shock, "How can you say such a thing, I thought the refugees here could sympathize with the people in Lumbridge, it's unthinkable that you should turn your backs on them!" "It's not unthinkable, it's reality dear." Olga replied with a stern voice.

12-Mar-2014 21:43:01

Bigfish502

Bigfish502

The Adventurer opened his mouth, content on arguing with the woman, but stopped. "Think what you what you want ma'am, but right now I have a druid to find." Olga gave a snort of displeasure and walked away, leading the little girl by the hand. The adventurer turned his attention to the large oak tree that stood before him. The tall trunk, which looked as if it could had thousands of years of knowledge etched into its ivory bark, stretched its branches into the sky, as if bidding the heavens to pour out. The Adventurer couldn't quite put his finger on it, but he felt that the tree was somehow standing taller to act as a beakon of hope to Gielnor. The Adventurer outstretched his hand, formed a fist, and gently knocked on the oak.

Sounds echoed through the trunk with a seemingly peacefully melody. The adventurer looked up to see a single leaf gliding down towards him. The Adventurer eagerly snatched up the leaf and inspected it. The Adventurer read the message inscribed upon it, "'Well done Adventurer, you may have some potential after all. Please meet us at the place where boundaries blurr for the sake of true knowledge and harmony.'" The Adventurer dropped the leaf and let out a heavy sigh, "Another clue, great."

12-Mar-2014 22:09:14

Bigfish502

Bigfish502

The Adventurer slumped up against the trunk of the great oak and tried to keep calm. Is this druid leading on a wild goosechase? Am I so eager to succeed that I let an old man fool me into transversing the world with no end in sight? Leaves shook. The Adventurer looked around and caught a glimpse of a blue robe peeking behind the trunk of a tree. "Hey you!" the Adventurer called out. A young man in a wizard robe took off from behind the tree and ran towards the eastern gates. "Hey wait up!" the Adventurer called, running after him. The man, seeing that he was being pursued, took what looked like some runes from his pocket and whispered an incantation. The Adventurer watched in dismay as the man teleported out of sight. The Adventurer stopped and scratched his head "Why was that man following me? Could he have something to do with the druid?"

12-Mar-2014 22:28:14

Bigfish502

Bigfish502

The Adventurer stood at the foot of the Wizards' tower. "I guess this would be as good of a place as any to find a wizard with blue robes." the Adventurer mused. The Adventurer walked up to the front desk, where Wizard Valina was busily scribbling down notes on some parchment. "Hello Ms. Valina, would you by any chance.." the Wizard looked up at the Adventurer "Know if any wizards entered the tower recently? Yes, yes I would." the old woman replied. The Adventurer was baffled, "How did you know?" The Wizard smiled sweetly, "Well, seeing as I saw Wizard apprentice Gilbert running past me as if he had seen a ghost, I figured that the next adventurer to inquire of me would most probably be his pursuer." The Aventurer gave the wizard a puzzled look, "How did you know that it wasn't something else that spooked him?" Vakina gave out a soft laugh, "I knew it had to be adventurer because those are the only people that Gilbert ever seems to find trouble with. I'm always getting complaints from adventurers reguarding his 'intellectual' personality." The Adventurer gave out a snort of laughter, then straightened his face "Would you happen to know where in the tower he is?" The old woman straightened her composure and continued scribbling on her parchment, "I'm afraid apprentice Gilbert isn't inside the tower right now, perhaps you can try the tower grounds."

12-Mar-2014 22:58:33

Bigfish502

Bigfish502

The Adventurer bid Valina farewell and walked out onto the tower grounds. "Now where can that wizard be?" the Adventurer looked side to side. Then he spotted it, a trail of freshly laid footprints leading down to the cliffside. The Adventurer followed the footprints until they stopped at a familiar stone door. "This is the entrance to the old wizards' tower!" the Adventurer exclaimed. The Adventurer passed through the door and made his way to the Chamber of Shrines.

The air was cool and damp as he decended into the basement. Light faded until it seemed that the Adventurer would have to turn back to retrieve a light source. However, as the Adventurer progessed further, he found himself in a large clearing with four statues illuminated by an unknown source. The adventurer stopped at the foot of one of the statues and looked up. The statue depicted a beautiful female wizard pouring a liquid from a vase which gracefully spiraled around her. Memories flooded the Adventurer's mind of when he first discovered the ruins of the old tower with Ariane. Being a blue wizard seemed so natural back then. Oh, how the times have changed.

12-Mar-2014 23:41:24

Bigfish502

Bigfish502

A thought struck the Adventurer's mind with great force. This is it! This is the place where boundaries blurr for the sake of knowledge and harmony! This is were I am to meet the strange druid. At that moment the Adventurer heard footsteps and turned around. There stood the apprentice, who appeared to be trying to sneak past the adventurer. "You there!" the Adventurer called. The apprentice whirled around, shock etched in his face, "I'm not here, I'm just a figment of your minescule imagination! Carry on with whatever pointless...thing... that you were doing...before..." the wizard made another attempt to sneak away. "How stupid do you think I am? You're right in front of me." the Adventurer retorted. "Well it was worth a try." the wizard replied, and before the Adventurer could respond, sent a watery projectile his way. The Adventurer braced himself for the impact, but the projectile instead missed him by a large margin and splashed against a wall. The Adventurer took after the fleeing wizard.

12-Mar-2014 23:59:49

Quick find code: 49-50-501-65322192 Back to Top