Forums

In Search of a New Order

Quick find code: 49-50-501-65322192

Bigfish502

Bigfish502

Posts: 825 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As the Adventurer chased the wizard, he noticed that the wizard was beginning to huff, puff, and wheeze. Obviously running was not something the wizard did often. The wizard began leading the Adventurer in circles around the statues. "You've got to be kidding me..." the Adventurer sighed and stopped. As the wizard ran by, the Adventurer stuck out his foot. The wizard tripped and stumbled over the Adventurer's foot.

"No fair! I should have been able to outmaneuver you using my wits against your brutish stupidity." the Wizard complained as the Adventurer pulled him to his feet. "If you think running circles counts as being witty, then perhaps you should reconsider whose the smartest person in this room." the Adventurer let out a chuckle. The wizard pulled himself away and began dusting off his robes, "I'll admit that I...overestimated your powers of reasoning and prediction." The Adventurer shook his head, "I guess that's the closest I'm going to get to an apology. Before I let you go, tell me why you where spying on me in Taverly." The wizard blushed, and then sighed "I might as well tell as you'll eventually find out yourself if I didn't. My name is Gilbert and I belong to an order of..." Just then a knife flew past the wizard's face and dug itself into the stone statue. Both the Adventurer and the wizard jumped and turned to face whatever had thrown the projectile. The two found themselves facing a goblin. The goblin tinkered with a throwing knife, throwing it up the air and catching it with great skill, "You belong to order of what ?"
There's ALWAYS a bigger fish.

13-Mar-2014 03:13:25

Bigfish502

Bigfish502

The wizard puffed up his chest and tried to stand taller, "I'm not telling you...you incompetent fiend!" The Goblin laughed, "Who say you have choice?" Just then the more figures appeared behind the goblin; a troll with fat belly, a human with a grisly beard, a gnome with an eyepatch, and a lesser demon with tattoos all over his body. The goblin himself had what looked like a ring in his nose. The wizard shrunk, "Perhaps we could discuss it over a cup of tea?" The goblin laughed, "We no want tea!" The troll timidly raised his hand, "Actually a cup of tea sounds quite. Perhaps we should reconsider boss." The goblin rolled his eyes "Cake, da human has no tea, he is stalling." The troll sighed with disappointment "Ah, I so wanted a cup of tea! Human will pay for keeping tea from Cake!" The goblin led the charge as the group closed the distance.

The adventurer raised his blade, and braced himself. The wizard frantically reached for some runes as the fat troll ran towards him. The strikes came fast and hard, taking the Adventurer by suprise. How can these guys fight so good? The Adventurer felt searing pain as the gnome dealt a precise strike to left leg. The Adventurer tried to repel the gnome but instead had to frantically deflect the goblin's knives and the demon's magic attacks. More pain came to the Adventurer as the grisly man dealt a crushing blow to his shoulder. The Adventurer looked over at the wizard, who was despirately poundind the troll with water spells, of which only seemed to further enrage the brute. This is it, I'm going to die, the wizard is going to die, and I will have failed them. Just as the Adventurer was ready to give in to the savage blows, a voice rung above the chaos, "Bandos give me strength to make bad men go away!"

13-Mar-2014 03:53:40

Bigfish502

Bigfish502

To everyone's surprise, a tiny old goblin jumped into the middle of the chaos, sending of a wave of magical energy that scattered the attackers. The old goblin was hunched over a wooden cane, wearing a blindfold over his eyes. "Who you think you are? These humans are mine to kill! No weakling will rob me of my blood right!" the goblin with the ring in his nose shook with anger. The old goblin turned to face the the goblin with the nose ring, "These humans under my protection, anyone who have problem with dat will feel Bandos's wrath!" The goblin with the the nose ring laughed, and let loose a precisely aimed throwing knife at the old goblin.

The Adventurer watched intently as the dagger flew towards the goblin. Does this goblin fight like the druid? The old goblin stood still as the dagger came closer to hitting its mark. Despite what seemed to be impending doom, the old goblin was calm. At the very last moment the old goblin calmly turned his staff to deflect the knife. The knife dug itself into the goblin's staff. The whole room fell silent. The goblin with the nose ring shouted with anger and soon all the aggressors came for the old goblin.

14-Mar-2014 01:46:03

Bigfish502

Bigfish502

The gnome swung his blade at the goblin, which missed when the goblin ducked, and then tumbled to the grounds as the goblin knocked his feet from under him with one stroke of his staff. The grisly-bearded man came next, swinging his mace, only to have the goblin calmy side-step the attack and knock the mace from his hand with hard smack of the staff. "Cake smash!" the troll lifted his club to smash the goblin. The goblin jabbed the troll's foot, causing the troll to release the club which smacked the troll on the head, and fell over. "Cake fall." the old goblin jeered. The Adventurer watched in awe. This goblin's attack style was not as unpredictable or acrobatic as the druid's style. Rather the goblin waited for the right moment to deal a single, well-aimed blow which devastated his opponents. The demon unleashed a giant fire attack at the goblin, which harmlessly splashed over a giant earth attack the goblin summoned from the earth, and crashed into the wall as the goblin flung the spell with great force into the demon's face.

The old goblin turned to face the goblin with the nose ring, "Leave, now." The goblin with the the nose ring clenched his fists, "Never!". A flurry of knives zipped through the air. The Adventurer gasped, but the old goblin remained tranquil. The goblin removed the single dagger wedged in his staff, and with a fluid flick of his wrist, sent the knife flying until it met its mark in a stalagmite in the cieiing above. The stalagmite fell inbetween the goblin and the aproaching knives. The knives ricocheted, and a single knife bounced back and struck the goblin with the nose ring in the head with the hilt, sending him sprawling back. His companions grabbed him by both arms and made a hasty retreat.

14-Mar-2014 02:52:28

Bigfish502

Bigfish502

The old goblin turned to face the adventurer, "You going to stop catching flies in mouth?" The Adventurer shook his head, "How did you do that?" The goblin rolled his eyes, "I fight, that's it. Bad men try to hurt me and I don't let them. Bandos tell me when and where to strike, and I listen." The Adventurer pressed further, "But if that was true, all goblins would fight like you do." The goblin gave a curt snort, "Bandos only help those who know and understand Bandos. Most goblins only know that he Big High War God."

The wizard turned to the Adventurer, "I know, it sounds strange, even I have a hard time grasping what master Grimface says." Grimface smacked the wizard on the head with his staff, "As for you Gilberti, you need to listen more with ears and less with mouth, we told you not to be seen by this adventurer." The Adventurer chuckled, "Gilberti?" Gilbert blushed, "I tried to elude the brute but his tracking skills are too good for my stealth." Grimface did not look convinced, "You stealthy as cow with three legs." Grimface turned back to the Adventurer, "As for you, the masters will be here soon, so straighten up and show some respect for the ritual of intiation." The Adventurer gave a puzzled frown, "The Masters? Initiation?" Grimface slapped his forehead, "Gilberti, Grimface would have expected that you would have told adventurer why he is here with that big mouth." Gilbert sighed, and then turned to the Adventurer, "Master Oulnix saw potential in you, and as such he had you come here so that you could be given the privlidge of joining our order." The Adventurer's eyes widened, "What is your order called?" Gilbert shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know, right now everyone seems to be coining the term, 'A New Order'." The Adventurer scratched his chin, "A 'New order' huh?"

14-Mar-2014 04:22:48

Bigfish502

Bigfish502

End of Story

Coming Soon---> Trials of the New Order, part 1

I hope everyone enjoyed reading the story as much as I enjoyed writing it. Feel free to post your comments and pointers now if you so choose. Until next time! :)

14-Mar-2014 04:26:04

Myritha

Myritha

Posts: 334 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey fish, I'm enjoying this so far.

Just a few quick criticisms:

1. A new speaker should have a new line. Readers can get lost without proper paragraph formatting.

2. You use titles like 'the adventurer' a lot. It's pretty jarring. You could have used a pronoun in several places instead. I wouldn't worry about your readers getting lost if you take my first point into consideration.

Negatives aside, I think you have quite a knack for humor - I thought the part about the tea was funny, very Jagex-like. Keep it up!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die.

Come watch TV.

14-Mar-2014 09:14:20 - Last edited on 14-Mar-2014 09:15:36 by Myritha

Azelkor

Azelkor

Posts: 851 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Myritha said :
Hey fish, I'm enjoying this so far.

Just a few quick criticisms:

1. A new speaker should have a new line. Readers can get lost without proper paragraph formatting.

2. You use titles like 'the adventurer' a lot. It's pretty jarring. You could have used a pronoun in several places instead. I wouldn't worry about your readers getting lost if you take my first point into consideration.

Negatives aside, I think you have quite a knack for humor - I thought the part about the tea was funny, very Jagex-like. Keep it up!

I agree with her post. Very good work. I hope to have my piece finished soon. :)

14-Mar-2014 14:39:47

Bigfish502

Bigfish502

Thanks all for the comments and pointers!
Just a reminder that there is a Introduction to the series that was written long before this one and as such I recommend you read it for continuity as well as to know when this series takes place in the Runescape timeline and why the adventurer is so interested in "the druid". The title is: "The Dawn of the New Order". The quickfind code is: 49-50-149-65134373.
thank you!

14-Mar-2014 23:24:27

Quick find code: 49-50-501-65322192 Back to Top