Forums

The Last Kingdom of Gielinor

Quick find code: 49-50-314-66286914

Dank Wizardx
May Member 2023

Dank Wizardx

Posts: 12 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CHAPTER 1

We rode 100 men strong to the west of Lumbridge's great castle walls. I strided to the right of my father, Duke Horacio, who was a formitable warrior. He was the Duke of lumbridge, a strong man clamped in full blue mithril armor given to him by the king of Varrok. The rest of us in the front ranks were equipped with steel and those in the rear ranks carried iron and bronze. On this day, my father carried his great war axe on his back. The dark blue of the metal blades glared under the hot summer sun, as well as his plated armor. The glimmering mithril was a sign of a prestigious man and I'm sure every man was admiring the blue metal as much as I was. We are lumbridgians, country folk in the kingdom of Misthalin. Most of us tend the cotton fields or the wheat mill. The common man here has never held the wealth to own more than a few bronze daggers and iron plate bodies. No doubt my father was a grand duke, a gold giver, sharing his wealth with his soldiers and farmers. In return he recieved loyal men ready to fight, bleed, and die by his side.

"You should have a wife by now" my father told Fenin, riding to his left.
"I have a new gf lord" replied Fenin.
"That tavern whore at the Sheared Ram? How much does she charge you a night?"
"10k lord. But she's nice and she really wants to settle down and have a family one day"

Father Aereck choked then snarled "and just how many men do you think take her to bed everyday?"
"Enough to raise this army 10 times over" my father answered and every man from the front ranks to the rear roared in laughter.

Then the cries stopped as quickly as they came for 200 paces in front of us came the first sight of horses. From among the trees and forest that covers the lands behind the Lumbridge castle, came iron plated knights. Their plate body's were tinted purple from the chest down and in the center they bore a red star, the sign of Saradomin.

11-Sep-2023 08:02:31 - Last edited on 22-Oct-2023 07:59:25 by Dank Wizardx

Dank Wizardx
May Member 2023

Dank Wizardx

Father Aereck looked down in grief, placed his hands in front of his own chest, and made the sign of the star. He said a prayer under his breath and perhaps even shed a tear because for a moment he did not move or refrain from his gesture. At that moment, I understood the pain he felt because it was a shared grief between all of us. Saradmins slaughtering Saradomins. Seperated by the kingdoms of east and west.

The kingdoms of the west, the ones that lie beyond the western divider near Falador, they were no friends, they were no Saradmins to us. We shared a common ancestery that was true. They were once one of us, that is until the gates of Taverly were built. Taverly was originally founded by strong men, couragous men, men with no fear and men ready to risk it all for a new life away from the kingdoms of Asgarnia. Taverly quickly became a land of riches and wealth. The great warriors who made the journey created the hero's guild and quickly built a gate that seperated them from the old kingdoms so that no one shall pass into their newly found lands. The waters were filled with lobsters, sharks, monk fish, eels, and anglerfish, most of which can not be found in our kingdoms. The mines were glimmering with rubys, sapphires, and diamonds. Word of a new kingdom enriched with new resources ignited like a yew fire. Taverly quickly established itself as a major settlement and it wasn't long before Catherby, Seers Village, Camelot, and Ardougne were built. Together they were the new world. A world where elite warriors gave rise to rich sons. Thus the kingdom of Kandarin was born.

11-Sep-2023 08:03:03 - Last edited on 22-Oct-2023 09:45:07 by Dank Wizardx

Dank Wizardx
May Member 2023

Dank Wizardx

Gated off from the rest of us, only the rich that could pay the kingdom of Kandarin 500k a month were allowed to enter and reside there. However, the price continued to climb, reaching 600k then 700k a month surely opening the gates to only the elite members of society. For years they lived and prospered staying on their side of the gate. That is until the raids fell upon Falador. Consumed by power and greed, they invaded what was once their own kingdoms and today they marched upon Lumbridge.

"Shield wall!" my father yelled and dismounted. He was the first to lift his kiteshield in formation. Father Aareck, Fenin, and the rest of the front rank immediately followed into formation. My steel kiteshield was heavy and I wondered how my father could equip full mithril and move around as if it were leather.

"Eight ranks" my father remarked
"Ten" Fenin corrected him.
My father was old aged at 50 and Fenin always made sure to remind the duke of Lumbridge just how old he's getting every chance that presented itself, even on the battlefield.

"Nothing but iron noobs" father said in dissapintment.
"Ardougne Knights" Fenin replied.
"And how could they march into lumbridge in formation and undisturbed?"
It was not a question to anybody but himself, however, Fenin still replied.

"Port Sarim lord. Member bastards sailed here from the sea, with the help of pirates at the port to dock no doubt. Those damned fools will take a few bottles karmja rum as payment in exchange to watch a kingdom burn to the ground."

"Father Aareck, you will fall back into the rear rank with the horses. They will not charge, we will not lose a single one. Ultan," my father turned his head to me, "you will follow Father Aareck and you are to stay mounted and safegaurd the rear."

11-Sep-2023 08:03:11 - Last edited on 22-Oct-2023 09:26:52 by Dank Wizardx

Dank Wizardx
May Member 2023

Dank Wizardx

I knew he was protecting his shield wall, the place where men die and the place where absolute units are born. I had never stood in a shield wall and standing at the front ranks would mean death to any 15 year boy. The shield wall was a place of slaughter and blood. A place where men cry and beg for mercy and there is none. A shield wall is not always broken by the stronger army, often it's broken by the side who had more ale or more strength and stamina potions. It is not a place for a weak link and that's why my father ordered me to the rear. Not just to protect me, but to protect himself, his champion Fenin, and every man in the shield wall.

11-Sep-2023 08:03:20 - Last edited on 22-Oct-2023 09:50:19 by Dank Wizardx

YuBiusk Ink

YuBiusk Ink

Posts: 2,888 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Interesting worldbuilding! I always really like it when Runescape fiction tries to weave in meta stuff like membership, and I'm interested to see more. :)

So far my favorite character is Fenin's millionaire sex worker gf. Get that bread, girl.

21-Sep-2023 21:42:51

Quick find code: 49-50-314-66286914 Back to Top