Forums

The last 100 vs 100 battle

Quick find code: 49-50-267-65227245

xxDark Horse

xxDark Horse

Posts: 3,540 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Back in November of 2012 before the EOC was released, I messaged two well-known clan wars leaders about arranging a 100 vs 100 battle a couple of days before the EOC was released. They both accepted and we arranged the war to be fought on November 17th 2012.

The days before the war, I spread the news all around clan wars. I made sure to get the word out to all of my friends and clan mates as well. I even posted a video on Youtube about the huge war to be fought. This war was going to make clan wars history and I knew I had to recruit everyone.

Then came the big day of November 17th 2012. I hopped clan wars worlds to find a battalion of players waiting for the war to start. Some went to clan wars frequently, others were first-timers who wanted to experience the big event. Even half of my friends and clan mates showed up. Eventually the two clan-wars leaders meet face to face to challenge each other and the battle begins.

At the sight of red text, a barrage of white dots starts rushing towards the purple portal. I enter to find that my leader is saying "fall in" to which everyone obeys. I am slighty nervous, hoping that I do not die early as I was video taping the war. When the timer runs out, the player count is 91 vs 94. Our clan begins advancing towards the center. At the sight of the other clan, we clash.

More than half of players die during the initial bloodbath at the center during the first 5 minutes. There were purple and white dots everywhere; never did I see a fight so huge. I myself was lucky to make it out alive without dying early in the war.

After the clash in the middle and half of the players died, teams started to get the memo and began to stick together as opposed to spreading. Each clan occupied a side of the map; my clan was in the north and the opposing clan was in the south. There were small raids every once in while from both teams but neither was successful at overrunning the other. It was a close match even till the end.

05-Dec-2013 02:21:37 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2014 15:19:25 by xxDark Horse

xxDark Horse

xxDark Horse

Posts: 3,540 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Slowly but surely, the player count gets smaller and smaller. One-by-one players are slayed by other players. Eventually, the battle gets down to 10 vs 10. I check the jail to see that all of my friends and most of my clan mates have already perished. I can't believe that I am still alive. After all, i'm only level 83 but what I lack in level, I make up for in stealth and experience at clan wars.

Those in my clan who are still alive gather at our portal for one last clash in the middle. We knew this fight would determine who would come out victorious so we vowed to stick together and pile. Eventually one of the ranks leads a fall in and we begin to head toward the center where we await the other clan. We find a turrets in the middle of the battlefield and dd there until the other clan shows up.

At the sight of the other clan, we begin attacking. At first, we are doing good as it gets down to 9 vs 5. Eventually, we are almoast overrun and it is now 3 vs 4. I manage to wipe out their high level mage so they will be unable to bind or curse us. Eventually I am the 2nd to last person alive. It is 2 vs 4 and I knew I coudn't take them all on. So with my last dying breath, I shout the words "freeeedom" only to be shot down by arrows.

Even though our clan lost, it was still a great war to attend. After the release of the EOC, Clan Wars started to die at a rapid pace. Now it is late 2013, and very few players still attend clan wars; those that do go only use the white portal. However, I will always remember the old clan wars in my memories. I have fought in many wars and even though I won't remember them all, at least I got to experience clan wars. The 100 vs 100 battle was the largest and greatest battle I have fought in and I am glad to have video taped it. That war was the last 100 vs 100 battle that clan wars will ever have.

I have learned to cherish the moments I have now because someday they will be gone.

05-Dec-2013 02:21:45 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2014 15:25:50 by xxDark Horse

Quick find code: 49-50-267-65227245 Back to Top