Forums

~*~ TDT2: The Blood Debt ~*~

Quick find code: 49-50-222-43530230

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Posts: 7,994 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks guys...I'm working on the adds, they'll be up sometime tonight.
Odaniel, I will look if I get a chance. But I don't usually read unless the favor is returned. I don't recall seeing you on my thread before...

24-Feb-2008 22:08:21 - Last edited on 24-Feb-2008 22:08:56 by Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

*~*~*~*
Great, deep tones rolled through the underground city. In the hideout’s main chamber, hundreds of people stood solemnly in mourning. At the front, up on the dais, Krystal stood with Rivera and a priest dressed in the white robes of Saradomin. The young man stood over the coffin, eyes shut, body swaying slightly as the last notes resonated through the air.
Krystal glanced sideways at her companion. Tears slid down Rivera** cheeks as she gazed at the coffin and she shook slightly. Krystal was surprised to see her truly grieving for the death of her father. Perhaps it was just an act. This woman was a born liar, how could she ever know? It was the same for these people, Rivera had given her the impression that had not cared for his rule. Yet they wept all the same; clearly, she had been wrong.
Then, abruptly, there was complete silence, not a single sound was heard. It seemed stifling to Krystal as not a singe person moved or even breathed. The minutes slowly passed and she wondered what they were waiting for. Then, slowly the priest rotated to face the mass of people. “Rathor’s soul has moved on to the heavens. May he rest in peace.”
That was the signal that the ceremony was over and the people could leave. There was a general, somber shuffling as the people began to move. But Rivera, resplendent in a black dress, stepped swiftly to the front of the platform and called, “Wait, please.” When all eyes were on her, she continued, “With my father gone, it is now my responsibility to make decisions for our people. And in the wake of his death, many are left to be made. Many of you may be wondering who this woman beside me is, and why she is in chains.”

24-Feb-2008 23:36:20

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Krystal stiffened, but refused to bow her head in shame and held her chin, staring out across the sea of curious faces. Her mind flashed back to the events of the morning. She had been wakened from an exhausted, dreamless slumber and summoned to Rivera** chambers. When she arrived, Rivera was waiting with three armed men, one with blood spattered across his hands and clothes. As Krystal entered, the other woman bounded to her feet and cried, “How could you have betrayed me?”
“What?* Krystal spluttered, utterly lost.
“She did it!” Rivera screeched at the soldiers. “Arrest her!”
Krystal writhed away from the soldiers as they grabbed at her wrists. *What are you talking about, Rivera?” The soldiers cemented their grip on her and the one with blood on him produced shackles from his belt. As he locked the heavy chains around her wrists, the blood smeared across her skin. She knew it would mingle with her own as the fetters rubbed her skin raw, and wondered whose it was.
Rivera stepped closer so that her face was near to Krystal’s, and this close Krystal could see the devious gleam in her eye. What was she up to? What game was this, and when would she learn the rules? “Half an hour ago, this man,” she waved at the bloody soldier, “found my father murdered in his own bed.”
“You are under arrest for the murder of Lord Rathor,” intoned the soldier.
It all clicked into place for Krystal. By the gods, this woman was clever. Killing her father, pinning it on her ungrateful guest, and having complete control over her father’s army. “No,” Krystal hissed. *You did this!”
Rivera smirked triumphantly. “Don’t worry, Krystal, I won’t let them hang you…yet.”

24-Feb-2008 23:37:24

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

“This is the woman who killed my father,” Rivera was saying. There were shouts of outrage and a loud, excited buzz. Rivera barely suppressed a grin, clearly enjoying this. She raised her hands to calm them and declared, “Don’t’ worry, justice will be dealt in time. But before she was a murderer, she was also a survivor.” She paused for effect. Krystal’s heart pounded. “Krystal is one of eight to have survived Issavan’s tournament.”
Krystal gasped, her fears confirmed. Rivera had no right to reveal that information!
Rivera could no longer contain a slight smile, having heard Krystal’s reaction. “Now she and her companions are set on eradication of his Majesty’s line. She was here to ask our assistance. My father refused, driving her to murder him. They are bent on vengeance and will do anything to achieve it.
“Here is an excuse, the one we have been waiting for, to mount an attack against Issavan. His tournament was a trick to destroy the contestants; he is guilty of murder. I want us to support this cause. Begin preparations; we will march in two days. It is time to attack Varrock!”
The people remained in stunned silence for moment. Then there began a roar of cheering and applause. Krystal couldn’t help but smile as well. Rivera** methods may have been frustrating, but she’d achieved their goal: The survivors now had an eager ally. Victory in Varrock was almost certain.

24-Feb-2008 23:37:35

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

*~*~*~*
Arwing lay back on the seat, enjoying the morning sun as it played across her face. Maston grinned at her from behind side of the boat, relaxing slightly in his endless rowing. Sweat matted his long hair to his head and his face was red with the exertion, but he never stopped pulling. His muscles had strained at the oars for the past few hours, and soon it would be Kzah***s turn again. For now, Kzahar was perched near the front of the boat, anxiously peering upriver.
Lil sat just behind him, staring out at the same view and feeling the same sinking feeling he was. The bow of the boat slowly parted the muddy waters of the River Lum, slowly leaving behind the castle of Lumbridge and entering the farmland area. About an hour ago they had passed under the bridge and then sailed by the forge, and everyone knew they should be approaching the other boat soon.
Lil and Kzahar both scanned the farms to either side and the river in between, but saw no sign of soldiers or the boat. She was gradually beginning to fear that it wasn’t there. But what would that mean?
Kzahar turned slightly, frowning. “It’s not here,” he said softly, so that only she could hear him.
She nodded, understanding the fear in his voice. “Maybe the Duke lied,” she whispered.
“Or they already found him.”
Lil did*’t know what to say. All their doubts were being confirmed. She could see it in most of their companions, that they were becoming skeptical. Emmaris had his head down and was completing a thorough examination of his hands and the dirt beneath his fingertips, but Adrian stared thoughtfully out at the river, and Lil knew he could understand the situation. Arwing pretended not to care, and Maston was busy rowing, but she could see the frowns on both faces as well.

24-Feb-2008 23:37:56

Crystal Smee

Crystal Smee

Kzahar turned his head to the river bank. “I see the road,” he announced hesitantly.
Arwing sat up, Emmaris looked up, and Adrian continued to stare out into the distance. Maston dropped the oars and leaned forward, struggling to catch his breath. Then he followed Kzah**** gaze to the shore. “This is where it turns down into the Lumbridge area,” he stated. Kzahar nodded. “This is where the boat was supposed to be.”
Kzahar nodded again while Maston took all of this in. Kzahar could only hang his head. “Before you yell at me, Maston, I get it, all right? I was wrong.” Maston flinched.
“We have to keep going,” Arwing said in the silence. A fly buzzed close to her ear, she swatted it away. “If the Duke lied, well, it doesn’t matter. We have a boat and a direct route to Varrock, we’ll be there around dawn, I would guess. We can begin the plan. If they have Bond, then he’s going to Varrock, and needs our help.”
Sighing, Maston picked up the oars again. “Dawn, huh?” he muttered. “Let’s get going, then.”

24-Feb-2008 23:38:07

The contents of this message have been hidden.

26-Feb-2008 02:26:09

Quick find code: 49-50-222-43530230 Back to Top